PDA

View Full Version : Pro Wrestler Jack Brisco Dead At 68

GoonBoss
02-02-2010, 02:48 PM
Most of you may not know this guy, but I got to see him wrestle for Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling and Championship Wrestling From Florida.
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/02/brisco_jack-1.jpg

At least he had a good long life.

http://www.fanhouse.com/2010/02/01/former-ncaa-and-nwa-champion-jack-brisco-passes-away/

Former NWA World Heavyweight Champion and NCAA amateur wrestling champion Jack Brisco died Monday morning at the age of 68 following complications from heart surgery.

Brisco had been dealing with health issues for the past few years which included emphysema. Just a few weeks ago, he visited with his doctor and was told he needed heart surgery. He then underwent triple bypass surgery and had been living in a rehab center.

"He was terrific," said former NWA World Champion Dory Funk, Jr. "I knew him well as a person and a wrestler. There was nothing I enjoyed better than being in the ring with Jack. He brought so much credibility to wrestling. He was the champion for everybody."

"He loved professional wrestling and was proud of his career but he never let it define who he was," said close friend Mark Nulty. "He was just a special guy."

Brisco became a wrestling fan at a very early age and aspired to become a professional wrestler. While growing up, he began amateur wrestling and quickly excelled at the sport. He moved on to become a four-time Oklahoma high school champion and went undefeated.

Vaark
02-02-2010, 03:03 PM
Think the steroids took a toll on his heart??? By today's standards, 68 is not especially a "long" life. RIP.

Wasn't he the guy whose specialty move was either the "sleeper" or the "claw" holds?

GoonBoss
02-02-2010, 03:09 PM
For a wrestler, 68 is a long life. He retired from wrestling at 42. From his build, even at the top of his career I'd doubt he was on steroids.

He may've done the sleeper...I know it wasn't the claw.

The_Dark_Knight
02-02-2010, 03:17 PM
I remember watching Jack and his brother Jerry Brisco wrestle all of the time on Saturday afternoons. They were always a pleasure to watch and definitely old school!!

RIP Jack.

Chubby
02-02-2010, 04:07 PM
Brisco Brothers were very Entertaining, His era of wrestling was by far one of my favorites, I was lucky enough to have Uncles who enjoyed watching the smaller circuits of wrestling and we used to go to alot of the shows.

Durango_95
02-02-2010, 06:20 PM
Think the steroids took a toll on his heart??? By today's standards, 68 is not especially a "long" life. RIP.

Wasn't he the guy whose specialty move was either the "sleeper" or the "claw" holds?

If I remember correctly (as well as show my age), Jack was one of the first out there to use the "Figure 4" leg lock.

GoonBoss
02-02-2010, 07:24 PM
If I remember correctly (as well as show my age), Jack was one of the first out there to use the "Figure 4" leg lock.
That's right. He sure was.

I still remember the time on Florida Championship Wrestling where Kabuki, I think stomach clawed Jack until he spit up blood. Great bit.

GoonBoss
02-02-2010, 07:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PMgZhznD3M

Top 10 moves of Jack Brisco