PDA

View Full Version : Real gm website says we are getting Dez Bryant in the Draft!

djb2280
02-02-2010, 04:48 PM
http://football.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/15719/20100202/2010_nfl_mock_draft_version_60/ take it for whats its worth, thoughts?

MadDog 88
02-02-2010, 04:50 PM
Not going to happen. With Nolan coming in to build the defense, McClain, Witherspoon or Graham will be the pick.

X-Pacolypse
02-02-2010, 04:51 PM
I've never even heard of this website. Would much rather have McClain.

jovanwolf
02-02-2010, 04:52 PM
http://football.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/15719/20100202/2010_nfl_mock_draft_version_60/ take it for whats its worth, thoughts?

Honestly, I hope not. Our defense was by far the aspect of our game that suffered the most last season. I felt pretty happy about our offense being able to move the ball, but we had WAY too many 20+ yard passes on us. As far as our offensive weapons go, I think we are pretty solid despite some needs on WR and TE, but our defense lost us games last season. We need to focus on that.

MiamiDolfan85
02-02-2010, 04:53 PM
kinda hard to breathe with all the smoke....

hooshoops
02-02-2010, 05:07 PM
i'd be stoked to get that kind of a talent at pick #12 STOKED

this kid is legit

EvilDylan
02-02-2010, 05:14 PM
This would be almost as bad as the Ginn pick. We absolutely MUST draft for defense this year. Defense is what kept us out of the playoffs, not offense.

Kadiddlehopper
02-02-2010, 05:14 PM
So we're not taking a LB until the 4th or later rounds?

Round 1
12. Miami Dolphins: Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State

Round 2
43. Miami Dolphins: Jeff Owens, DL, Georgia

Round 3
74. Miami Dolphins: Javier Arenas, CB, Alabama

Round 4
108. Miami Dolphins: Sean Lee, LB, Penn State

hooshoops
02-02-2010, 05:25 PM
it's not fair to dez bryant to even remotely compare the pick to picking ted ginn years ago...there is no comparison...

one's legit ones garbage...

Clipse
02-02-2010, 05:32 PM
It is a mock draft, and a questionable one at that. It means absolutely nothing. And as much as I'm for drafting defense, comparing this to the Ginn pick is laughable at best. Bryant is a very well rounded WR with a lot of promise. Ginn was a project, and everyone knew it.

JT-forpresident
02-02-2010, 05:43 PM

Round 1

Round 2

Round 3

Round 4

i'd be pissed off if the draft went that way...

hemidemon
02-02-2010, 06:15 PM
I can see Dez being our first pick. I think some of you are forgetting there is a free agant period before the draft. Some holes will be filled that way. We also have a lot of young talent the coaching staff is expecting to step up as they mature. It's still to early to be falling in love with players as draft stock will be rising and falling over the next couple of months.

Roman529
02-02-2010, 06:46 PM
Parcells won't take Bryant unless McClain, B. Graham and CJ Spiller are gone...I think we would take Spiller at the RB spot before we took a WR....I think we could trade down and get a great WR along with an extra first day pick.

skipp2myloo13
02-02-2010, 09:29 PM
Dont rule out Earl Thomas for Nolan's D. He always likes a playmaking FS.

rev kev
02-02-2010, 09:58 PM
i'd be stoked to get that kind of a talent at pick #12 STOKED

this kid is legit

However his agent is a prick...

rev kev
02-02-2010, 09:59 PM

Round 1

Round 2

Round 3

Round 4

Lee is a good pick this late

JCane
02-02-2010, 10:04 PM
Not going to happen. With Nolan coming in to build the defense, McClain, Witherspoon or Graham will be the pick.

You can't justify Weatherspoon or Graham at #12. We may draft Weatherspoon or Graham but it better not be at #12.

NorFlaFin
02-02-2010, 10:12 PM
Arenas? another DB after Davis, Smith and Clemons?

DcRy82
02-02-2010, 10:27 PM

Ok.. And when Parcells came in everyone thought we were going to stack our LB corp because "Parcells loves LB's". In fact, in the two drafts Parcells has been a part of, "he" has drafted the same number of LB's as cameron did in his 1 year... One.

If nothing else, that should prove to you that Jeff Ireland is running the draft. Mike Nolan isnt going to have a say in who we draft. He wasnt even here last year. He knows the least about our current roster out of Ireland, Sparano, and Parcells, so I doubt his opinion is taken too much into consideration.

And I love that Skip pointed out E. Thomas. I really like that guy. Playmaking safety. Something our defense has been lacking since Brock Marion.

hooshoops
02-02-2010, 11:03 PM
However his agent is a prick...

that might be the case but i think it's a mistake to pass on a guy because of his agent...

even though the 9ers missed out on the first 6 weeks in a contract dispute with crabtree i'd bet money that they are very happy that other teams passed on him giving them a shot to land a talent like that with the 10th pick...and if i'm not mistaken the 9ers didn't give in to crabtrees demands so the holdout was completely fruitless on the agent and crabtrees part...there may have been some minor tinkering here and there but not the top money that the crabtree camp/agent were demanding all along...

the 9ers got a franchise wr for the future for what turned out to be in the end #10 value money...

so if you consider that there's got to be a mindset going in from his agent that these extended holdouts are pointless and if he wants to continue to gain top clientel each and every year as an agent he's gonna need to get his clients in camp in a reasonable amount of time...i can see things like this effecting this agents future with other clients if he stages these extended holdouts and in the end has nothing additional to show for them...

other than a ticked off front office and head coach...

rev kev
02-02-2010, 11:08 PM
that might be the case but i think it's a mistake to pass on a guy because of his agent...

even though the 9ers missed out on the first 6 weeks in a contract dispute with crabtree i'd bet money that they are very happy that other teams passed on him giving them a shot to land a talent like that with the 10th pick...and if i'm not mistaken the 9ers didn't give in to crabtrees demands so the holdout was completely fruitless on the agent and crabtrees part...there may have been some minor tinkering here and there but not the top money that the crabtree camp/agent were demanding all along...

the 9ers got a franchise wr for the future for what turned out to be in the end #10 value money...

so if you consider that there's got to be a mindset going in from his agent that these extended holdouts are pointless and if he wants to continue to gain top clientel each and every year as an agent he's gonna need to get his clients in camp in a reasonable amount of time...i can see things like this effecting this agents future with other clients if he stages these extended holdouts and in the end has nothing additional to show for them...

other than a ticked off front office and head coach...

Valid points - maybe his agent will lower his overall draft position and he will be available at #12..., Spiller , McLain dončt seem unreasonable at this selection..., someone has to drop down

hooshoops
02-02-2010, 11:12 PM
Valid points - maybe his agent will lower his overall draft position and he will be available at #12...

to take that further the fact that dez bryant missed all but the first 3 weeks of the season and bowl season don't really allow for the agent to say things along the lines of just how productive his client was and it's not like any other wr would be drafted in front of him for him to demand the same kind of money as...

dez bryant will barring some extensive background stuff in the closet that requires long term jail time be the first wr off the board on draft day...you can take that one to the bank...

it's dez bryant and then everybody else...

jlfin
02-02-2010, 11:57 PM
it's not fair to dez bryant to even remotely compare the pick to picking ted ginn years ago...there is no comparison...

one's legit ones garbage...

He's probably the player with the greatest chance of having a long holdout.
I believe Eugene Parker is his agent. If Bryant believes he should have been picked in the top 10, instead of 12th I think he's a risk of a long holdout.
I hope the Phins don't even have him on their draft board. This team can not afford to have their top pick hold out.
With their slow start the past 2 seasons, it is imperative that they hit the ground running next season.
I want that 1st pick to be a difference maker from day 1 (if possible). I don't care what position it is. Spiller is looking better and better each day.

Xeticus
02-03-2010, 12:22 AM
Honestly looking at that I wonder if we give Jacksonville Joey Porter they'll switch draft picks with us so we can get McClain.

skipp2myloo13
02-03-2010, 08:55 AM
Honestly looking at that I wonder if we give Jacksonville Joey Porter they'll switch draft picks with us so we can get McClain.

Hopefully Jacksonville has a lotta booze in their war room. Other wise it wont work.

ChambersWI
02-03-2010, 09:44 AM
I've never even heard of this website. Would much rather have McClain.

you never heard of realgm? It's a great site, but it's main calling is Basketball not football.

It's an interesting draft that falls along the reality that teams have different guys rated higher than other teams. That being said, the only picks I like are Dez and Lee. Dez for obvious reasons, and Lee because he fills a need and is smart a good blitzer, and good in coverage. Owens had a good senior bowl, but IMO is not good value. Arenas... well if we don't resign Nate Jones you could talk me into liking him

hooshoops
02-03-2010, 10:10 AM
He's probably the player with the greatest chance of having a long holdout.
I believe Eugene Parker is his agent. If Bryant believes he should have been picked in the top 10, instead of 12th I think he's a risk of a long holdout.
I hope the Phins don't even have him on their draft board. This team can not afford to have their top pick hold out.
With their slow start the past 2 seasons, it is imperative that they hit the ground running next season.
I want that 1st pick to be a difference maker from day 1 (if possible). I don't care what position it is. Spiller is looking better and better each day.

not even on our draft board??? the best wr in the draft not on our board cause you're afraid of his agent??? :err:

that's lame to me...

j-off-her-doll
02-03-2010, 12:25 PM
I can see NO way that our draft turns out like that. I wouldn't mind drafting D. Bryant. For my money he's a much better prospect than any WR in the '09 class, and unless I'm forgetting someone (probably am), he's the best prospect at the position since C. Johnson.

I think Spiller gives us more options, but this draft has him going top 5. I wouldn't be shocked to see him go that high. Again, I think he's up there with Suh and Berry as the best players in the draft. RB's aren't typically drafted that high, but special talents break trends.

After the D. Bryant pick, though, the rest of the draft is complete garbage. I don't see how we improve as a team with any of the picks after the first.

Lorenzo Rules
02-04-2010, 05:46 PM
if we draft defense and dez is available tyhen i hope we lose 12 games next year get a high pick for offense because with the exception ronnie our 1 st round picks on both sides of the ball have really sucked . we need a offense our defense wasnt the problem.

rushfinfan85
02-04-2010, 05:58 PM
Acefan500 dumbest comment on here so far defense was not the problem are you kidding me

ColonelJ
02-04-2010, 06:16 PM
I can see NO way that our draft turns out like that. I wouldn't mind drafting D. Bryant. For my money he's a much better prospect than any WR in the '09 class, and unless I'm forgetting someone (probably am), he's the best prospect at the position since C. Johnson.

I think Spiller gives us more options, but this draft has him going top 5. I wouldn't be shocked to see him go that high. Again, I think he's up there with Suh and Berry as the best players in the draft. RB's aren't typically drafted that high, but special talents break trends.

After the D. Bryant pick, though, the rest of the draft is complete garbage. I don't see how we improve as a team with any of the picks after the first.

I tend to agree. But I think there are some linebackers, wide receivers and olinemen, even running backs for depth, in the later rounds who instantly improve the team. Three players who would not be so hard to replace are: Donald Thomas, Ted Ginn, Ayodele or Porter for depth.

So let's say we improve TE first, just for the argument's sake, and get Jermaine Gresham in the first.

IMO, in the second round we can improve linebacker by drafting Daryl Washington, or Weatherspoon if available, or Hughes or Worilds to replace Porter.
In the third round we can improve the guard by drafting John Jerry for example.
In the fourth round we can improve WR by drafting Mike Williams, Eric Decker, Carlton Mitchell--there are some WR there that would be an improvement over Ginn.

So, I think if the draft is structured right and right players are targeted I think improvements at 4 spots can easily be made.
I think those are all instant improvements.

Clipse
02-04-2010, 06:34 PM
Acefan500 dumbest comment on here so far defense was not the problem are you kidding me
Yes, it was. Quite obvious it was actually. We set a franchise record for consecutive games scoring 30+ points. Losing Ronnie Brown was obviously the problem with our offense. Defense though, was obviously the reason for most of our losses.

#1dolphinsfan
02-04-2010, 07:34 PM
Plz give us Dez Bryant it isnt to often that you can get a guy like Dez Bryant he is going to be a stud in the NFL

#1: Dez Bryant
#2: Nate Allen
#3: Ed Dickson
#4: Micah Johnson

This draft would fill 4 huge needs and we could sign Karlos Dansby and draft OLB next years draft

TheFloridaDude
02-04-2010, 09:04 PM
if he's there we should take him...he has soo much friggin talent...he is a T.O. or B. Marshall on the field....we have needed a #1 for how long now?!

and comparing him to T. Ginn is such a slap in the face...and ignorant. T Ginn was a kick returner and a PROJECT at WR when drafted....Dez is a complete reciever.

ANNNNNNNNNNNND

talk about our defense giving up too many big passes? then why is everyone so hung up on drafting a LB? FS is our biggest need....not LB. Who keeps the ball in front of them? Supposed to be the safties...HELLO?!

NRA
02-05-2010, 11:10 AM
I felt pretty happy about our offense being able to move the ball,

JOVAN: "move" the ball? well, it may have "moved" but it sure the hell
couldnt score or make many big time plays.

you do realize our wr corp had 8 wopping td's last year, right?

and you think thats not the big concern?

HE WHO SCORES THE MOST POINTS WINS!

and most points come through the air.

oh yeah, we need a few defenders for sure. but we lost some real
close games [even WITH our defensive flaws] because..........
WE COULDNT SCORE points!!

most runs of the mill wr's in the nfl had more td's than our whole
set of wr's at years end. this is a need with a capitol NEED!!!

dahlmarino
02-05-2010, 02:38 PM
I think this mock would be decent if it just had us taking Witherspoon in the 2nd instead of that DL from Georgia, then TE Graham in the 3rd instead of Arenas.

rrrrphin
02-05-2010, 03:40 PM
i really like your choices

Plz give us Dez Bryant it isnt to often that you can get a guy like Dez Bryant he is going to be a stud in the NFL

#1: Dez Bryant
#2: Nate Allen
#3: Ed Dickson
#4: Micah Johnson

This draft would fill 4 huge needs and we could sign Karlos Dansby and draft OLB next years draft

ZachThomas76
02-05-2010, 04:08 PM
This would be almost as bad as the Ginn pick. We absolutely MUST draft for defense this year. Defense is what kept us out of the playoffs, not offense.

LOL. Actually, when the run was shut down and we had to make plays in the passing game, thats not pretty either. Using Bryants name in the same sentence with Ginn should result in you being criminally charged.

ZachThomas76
02-05-2010, 04:10 PM
if he's there we should take him...he has soo much friggin talent...he is a T.O. or B. Marshall on the field....we have needed a #1 for how long now?!

and comparing him to T. Ginn is such a slap in the face...and ignorant. T Ginn was a kick returner and a PROJECT at WR when drafted....Dez is a complete reciever.

ANNNNNNNNNNNND

talk about our defense giving up too many big passes? then why is everyone so hung up on drafting a LB? FS is our biggest need....not LB. Who keeps the ball in front of them? Supposed to be the safties...HELLO?!

you do realize that not even Ronnie Lott would help us if there's no pass rush. a good pass rush can cover up alot of deficiences. the Giants won a SB with a pass rush, remember that?

#1dolphinsfan
02-05-2010, 04:12 PM
are you joking Dez Bryant pick as bad as the ginn pick lol that is ridiculous Bryant is top 5 talent in this years draft IMO ginn shouldnt have ever been considered in the top of the first round where we drafted him he should have been a late second early third round pick coming out of college Dez is 10X better then ginn ever was

JRoX85
02-05-2010, 05:24 PM
i'd be pissed off if the draft went that way...

+1 minus Dez coming to us in the first