PDA

View Full Version : Student clashes with principal over Colts jersey

BAMAPHIN 22
02-07-2010, 02:13 PM
A Louisiana high school student says he was sent home for wearing an Indianapolis Colts jersey Friday - the day the principal encouraged students to wear New Orleans Saints black and gold as the teams get ready to face off in the Super Bowl.

``If they tell other students to support their team, why can't I support mine?'' Brandon Frost, 17, told The Associated Press. The senior at Maurepas High School moved three years ago from Indianapolis to the rural town 30 miles from Baton Rouge.

A Livingston Parish School Board member said Frost wasn't sent home, but was told he couldn't wear the blue jersey at school. Keith Martin, whose district includes Maurepas, said the school uniform had been relaxed only for black and gold.

He said he planned to ask school system attorneys whether that violated Frost's right to free speech, as the American Civil Liberties Union of Louisiana contends.

State ACLU director Marjorie Esman sent a letter to Principal Steven Vampran, asking him to wipe Frost's record of any discipline stemming from the incident.

Vampran declined to comment.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/student-says-he-was-sent-home-over-indianapolis-colts-jersey/?gt1=39002

PhinzN703
02-08-2010, 12:16 AM
Just don't wear the jersey. Is it that big of a deal?

Dolfan81
02-08-2010, 01:43 AM
i can understand it, the principal wanted students to show support for the home town team, in there first ever super bowl, dont wear the jersey, but dont support the saints either, once you leave school, throw it on and support who ever you want.

Bumpus
02-08-2010, 02:30 AM
:lol:
They pulled that crap last year at the school where I teach.

Black & Gold Day my arse ...

I sported my Aqua #13 Marino jersey!!!

Fight the power!

Vote Bumpus.