PDA

View Full Version : If Miami made the right choice...

Wagon Circler
02-08-2010, 02:47 AM
Wow thank god for the rest of the AFCE that the fins picked Culpepper over Brees in free agency a couple years back. Had they made the right choice, the dolphins could have been the ones celebrating a super bowl victory.

Vertical Limit
02-08-2010, 02:56 AM
Not really, we would have just ruined Brees' career and made him irrelevant in this league. AJ Smith would have looked like a genius not resigning Brees, etc. Nick Saban would still have ditched, his heart wasn't in it for the NFL and then there's Cam Cameran and the Ginn Family. No player can go through that and do well in this league. We were in a bad bad situation at that time and we're trying to figure it out now with Henne, hoping he has the same success as Brees.

Drubatuba
02-08-2010, 03:01 AM
Go Home

Drubatuba
02-08-2010, 03:03 AM
I might care what you have to say. But...

Wagon Circler
02-08-2010, 09:42 PM
Wow thank god for the rest of the AFCE that the fins picked Culpepper over Brees in free agency a couple years back. Had they made the right choice, the dolphins could have been the ones celebrating a super bowl victory.

Ricky_Fan34
02-08-2010, 09:46 PM
Why did you post this again? I swear I saw this same thread in the depths?

Besides, it's not even true anyway. We would've derailed his career even more, and just completely wrecked his pro chances.

NYCBillsFan
02-08-2010, 10:05 PM
I might care what you have to say. But...

Are the Dolphins a legit threat? At 7 wins? We must have been a legit threat in 2006, 2007, and 2008 huh? I didn't know that, thanks for the education.

JCane
02-08-2010, 10:15 PM
:facepalm:

The idea that Drew Brees brings a Super Bowl win to Miami is far-fetched.

Ricky_Fan34
02-08-2010, 10:17 PM
Are the Dolphins a legit threat? At 7 wins? We must have been a legit threat in 2006, 2007, and 2008 huh? I didn't know that, thanks for the education.
Well.. I'm not gonna lie, our future is much brighter than the Bills. Chan Gailey is your head coach. That may not be a bad thing, but you were the first team to enter the lottery for all the big name coaches, and the best you could do was Chan Gailey.

Mr_Freezetag
02-08-2010, 10:22 PM
Well.. I'm not gonna lie, our future is much brighter than the Bills. Chan Gailey is your head coach. That may not be a bad thing, but you were the first team to enter the lottery for all the big name coaches, and the best you could do was Chan Gailey.

:sidelol:

hahaha

Ricky_Fan34
02-09-2010, 12:32 AM
:sidelol:

hahaha
It's simply the cold hard facts. Buffalo is a terrible football market. Nobody wants to go there.

Wagon Circler
02-09-2010, 12:39 AM
Hate on Buffalo all you want. This thread is about how you missed on Brees.

You say Brees bringing a superbowl to Miami is far fetched. Isn't Brees bringing a superbowl to New Orleans even more far fetched? Get with it.

Wagon Circler
02-09-2010, 12:41 AM

PS. mods try not to cry and delete this thread anymore, it's perfectly acceptable for the Beast forum now dry your tears.

JCane
02-09-2010, 12:46 AM

PS. mods try not to cry and delete this thread anymore, it's perfectly acceptable for the Beast forum now dry your tears.

Sweet. We'll just merge it.

:hi5:

JCane
02-09-2010, 12:49 AM

You say Brees bringing a superbowl to Miami is far fetched. Isn't Brees bringing a superbowl to New Orleans even more far fetched? Get with it.

No. New Orleans was a better team. Better offensive line. Better targets. Better defense. Better coaching. Drew Brees in Miami is not Drew Brees in New Orleans. You guys who think that Player X on Team A is Player X on Team B need to get with it.

Wagon Circler
02-09-2010, 12:51 AM
lemme guess If I were a fin fan and brought this up it would stay on the main board. But Since I'm a bills fan it's smack talk...Nice guys! Grats on communism.

Wagon Circler
02-09-2010, 12:54 AM
No. New Orleans was a better team. Better offensive line. Better targets. Better defense. Better coaching. Drew Brees in Miami is not Drew Brees in New Orleans. You guys who think that Player X on Team A is Player X on Team B need to get with it.
Umm bud it took 4 years for Brees to turn that team into superbowl champs. You're trying to say Miami wouldn't progress at all in 4 yrs with Brees? Hell they have progressed without him so what you are saying is just kinda sour grapes.

JCane
02-09-2010, 12:55 AM
What exactly are you hear to discuss. Is Brees a better player than Culpepper in any system? Sure.

Did I make the decision? Did anyone here at FinHeaven? No. Go discuss this with Nick Saban and that front office for relevance.

Wagon Circler
02-09-2010, 12:58 AM
What exactly are you hear to discuss. Is Brees a better player than Culpepper in any system? Sure.

Did I make the decision? Did anyone here at FinHeaven? No. Go discuss this with Nick Saban and that front office for relevance.
Wow is it that sore of a subject that we can't even talk about it? Better hurry and sweep it under the rug some more. Learning from mistakes??? Pffft who needs that?!

Sorry I asked Miami dolphins fans about something that greatly affected their own team. How out of bounds of me.

JCane
02-09-2010, 12:59 AM
Umm bud it took 4 years for Brees to turn that team into superbowl champs. You're trying to say Miami wouldn't progress at all in 4 yrs with Brees? Hell they have progressed without him so what you are saying is just kinda sour grapes.

Didn't the Saints hire a solid coaching staff that stuck together? In the four years that Brees has been in New Orleans, we've had three different coaches along with different position coaches with different philosophies. It changes. New Orleans built that team right. We're obviously not as well-run as the Saints are. Drew Brees in Miami is not Drew Brees in New Orleans. Does Drew Brees make the Dolphins a better team today? Absolutely. Does it make us a Super Bowl winner? Not necessarily.

Does an executive of a fortune 500 retail company have the same influence and success with another retail company with less experienced and less talented employees as his previous employer? Probably not. Does he make a difference. Well sure he does. Point is, one guy doesn't make anything.

Wagon Circler
02-09-2010, 01:03 AM
Didn't the Saints hire a solid coaching staff that stuck together? In the four years that Brees has been in New Orleans, we've had three different coaches along with different position coaches with different philosophies. It changes. New Orleans built that team right. We're obviously not as well-run as the Saints are. Drew Brees in Miami is not Drew Brees in New Orleans. Does Drew Brees make the Dolphins a better team today? Absolutely. Does it make us a Super Bowl winner? Not necessarily.

Does an executive of a fortune 500 retail company have the same influence and success with another retail company with less experienced and less talented employees as his previous employer? Probably not. Does he make a difference. Well sure he does. Point is, one guy doesn't make anything.Ever think that with Brees that you wouldn't have gone through all those coaches because you could actually be a winning team??? Of course you went through numerous coaches with Culpepper/Beck/Lemon/Pennington in the mix. Last year you don't think Miami beats Baltimore if they had Brees?? I sure as hell do. He wouldn't have served up 5 picks like Pennington. With a running game like you have and an elite qb like Brees, yes Miami would be super bowl contenders, but they whiffed hard on Culpepper.

JCane
02-09-2010, 01:10 AM
No we wouldn't have beaten Baltimore. Baltimore is an elite defense and defense wins in the playoffs. Ooooh hi New York Jets. Cam Cameron was hot garbage. In the NFL, you can't cover up bad coaching...I don't care who we are. This team was not that great when Culpepper was here day 1. We weren't. Your QB can ONLY be as successful as your offensive line allows him to be and ours was one of the worst. Drew Brees would have scrambled for his life here. I'm not discrediting Drew Brees because he's a great player, but he landed in a great place. New Orleans was a much better fit for Drew Brees than Miami. That's not hard to see.

Clipse
02-09-2010, 07:23 AM
Thanks for reminding us...

Marino1983
02-13-2010, 10:01 AM

So one guy can get you a S-B ring then?:bobdole:

If you think that Brees was the last piece to the puzzle then I guess that you think the Dolphins are very close to being dominate in the AFC East as well..
:thanks:

Marino1983

Marino1983
02-13-2010, 10:04 AM
yes Miami would be super bowl contenders, but they whiffed hard on Culpepper.

Yes if the Dolphins ONLY would have had the great gift of great drafts like your billy's when they gave up draft picks for J P Lossman........

:up:

Marino1983

#1dolphinsfan
02-13-2010, 02:35 PM
Even if we had drew brees we wouldnt have been in the super bowl we dont have enough weapons for him. plus our defense sucks

Ricky_Fan34
02-13-2010, 10:23 PM

No, Brees bringing a title to New Orleans was not that far fetched. Why? They had a great draft the year he came there. They got both Marques Colston and Reggie Bush. New Orleans was missing a QB for all those years. Miami was missing an offensive line, a defense, a QB, and recievers. If you gave Miami Brees NOW, we'd go deep in the playoffs next year. But back then, nothing would've changed except new orleans would still suck and Brees would be considered a career backup.

The Goat
03-14-2010, 10:18 AM
Just out of curiosity, didn't Buffalo pass on Drew Brees in the 2001 NFL draft?

SpaceMountain16
03-18-2010, 05:07 AM
What if Thurman Thomas made the right choice and brought a second helmet to Super Bowl XXVI. The Bills might have had a chance.