PDA

View Full Version : UCF football put on 2 years probation.

Possum
02-12-2010, 04:07 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4906208

:bobdole:, that is all.

HurriPhin
02-12-2010, 05:49 AM
That's a shame. For some reason I like O'Leary and I also lived off of Alafaya trail for a couple of years starting back when Culpepper was a senior. Although I never was a Golden Knight because I attended Valencia CC for a couple of semesters... kinda, I liked to party more than attend classes. Sucks for UCF. I really like how their program is developing and the impact that the new stadium has on campus life. Much better than driving dowtown to the Citrus bowl. Back in the day students would go to the game strictly to party and tailgate. You'd slip in around the 2nd or 3rd quarter to see if it was actually a game and the majority of the time it was not (besides Culpepper's senior year) so you'd leave and go back to drinking in the parking lot. A lot has changed on that campus since then.

JCane
02-12-2010, 05:56 AM
Be happy about this. We used to cheat and look where that got us. Now, these kids won't even wear a hat to class and look where we are. UCF is heading in the right direction. I wish I would wake up and hear about a Miami player arrested for punching a hooker or something. At least that would instill some hope in me for this garbage.

Possum
02-12-2010, 06:00 AM
That's a shame. For some reason I like O'Leary and I also lived off of Alafaya trail for a couple of years starting back when Culpepper was a senior. Although I never was a Golden Knight because I attended Valencia CC for a couple of semesters... kinda, I liked to party more than attend classes. Sucks for UCF. I really like how their program is developing and the impact that the new stadium has on campus life. Much better than driving dowtown to the Citrus bowl. Back in the day students would go to the game strictly to party and tailgate. You'd slip in around the 2nd or 3rd quarter to see if it was actually a game and the majority of the time it was not (besides Culpepper's senior year) so you'd leave and go back to drinking in the parking lot. A lot has changed on that campus since then.
Saturdays is a hell of a time at UCF. Now if UCF can only get out of that ****ty confernce. But anyway, it sucks for O' Leary having nothing to do with it and get stuck dealing with it. whats funny is i might now some of the violaters, but they dont have any of the names released.

COphinphan89
02-18-2010, 03:14 AM
That's too bad. You mention that ****ty conference. Is there any possibility of them joining the Big East?

CedarPhin
02-18-2010, 03:24 AM
That's too bad. You mention that ****ty conference. Is there any possibility of them joining the Big East?

Probably only if the Big East gets raided by the Big 10.

COphinphan89
02-18-2010, 02:13 PM
Good point. I know that would make a lot of people happy since there was a lot of bad blood over the end of that UCF-USF series.

Phinstrodamus
02-18-2010, 03:13 PM
I went to UCF and I was very dissatisfied with the hiring of George O' Leary. He is a complacent coach, and we need to bring in someone else to take the program to the next level. (Yeah, yeah I know that he did get us to a bowl game and he turned the program around a bit) The school has all the physical and evironmental tools they need to be a successful program. Just get rid off that Jack a**

HurriPhin
02-19-2010, 02:44 PM
I went to UCF and I was very dissatisfied with the hiring of George O' Leary. He is a complacent coach, and we need to bring in someone else to take the program to the next level. (Yeah, yeah I know that he did get us to a bowl game and he turned the program around a bit) The school has all the physical and evironmental tools they need to be a successful program. Just get rid off that Jack a**

Sorry buddy but with UCF competing with in-state rivals UM, FSU, UF, and USF for recruits, notoriety, etc, they will never be able to reach that "next" level. O'Leary is a very good coach for UCF's program and is doing just fine.

Phinstrodamus
02-19-2010, 03:25 PM
Sorry buddy but with UCF competing with in-state rivals UM, FSU, UF, and USF for recruits, notoriety, etc, they will never be able to reach that "next" level. O'Leary is a very good coach for UCF's program and is doing just fine.

Lmao, yeah because we will never be able to compete with USF (thats a joke :up:). Do I think that we will end up with recruits likes UF, no, but the fact of the matter is UCF's PROGRAM IS OLDER THAN USF'S AND IT IS A JOKE THAT THE USF PROGRAM IS A MORE SUCCESSFUL PROGRAM THAN OURS. I am not saying we need to go to a national title game, but we can start by beating ranked teams, be being ranked ourselves, making a name for ourselves.. etc..... O'Leary did improve the program but now he has become complacent, and that BUDDY is not exceptable for someone who is one of the highest paid college coaches!

FootballCEO
02-19-2010, 04:18 PM
If they only knew about hmmmm...lets say EVERY other school in the NCAA that cheats! lol\

HurriPhin
02-20-2010, 03:34 PM
Lmao, yeah because we will never be able to compete with USF (thats a joke :up:)

When did i ever say UCF can't compete with USF. :confused: I was stating that UCF has 4 other very competitive in-state colleges to go up against, Pal.

COphinphan89
02-21-2010, 02:53 AM
I'm not your buddy, guy.

Possum
02-21-2010, 03:27 AM
I'm not your buddy, guy.
im not your guy, friend.

CedarPhin
02-21-2010, 03:34 AM
im not your guy, friend.

I'm not your friend, pal.

HurriPhin