PDA

View Full Version : Armando from the Herald was right

Lorenzo Rules
02-13-2010, 01:36 PM
I know Armando from the Herald seems like a loose cannon but he is indeed right on two topics.

Before we proceed any futher there is something I want to get straight with you guys right off the bat.

Don Shula is no longer the coach here.

your mamas ar not here to take care of you now.

its just You, me, and Uncle Sam.

Armando is right , this team isnt anywhere close to being in the same ball park as the saints and colts hell we are not as good as the jets and we were just barely lucky to beat them twice.

we lost to the Bills, we barely beat the bad teams and we didnt beat any of the elite teams.

Armando is right we have no playmakers at wr or on defense. Any fin fan that says different is smoking crack.

Ted Ginn is a below average wr
Bess doesnt scare anyone but to hear fin fans talk he is better then Welker that is dumb on part of my misguided fin fans.

Hartline is ok but he isnt special either

Camarillo are you kidding me he isnt any better then Chambers and that is the truth.

Fasano had a Bad year but he may be our best offensive player next to Ronnie and Ricky.

Jake Long is so over paid the dolphins have embarrassed the nfl in their stupidity of over paying a player who never touches the ball.

Just because Parcells came here sdoesnt mean we will be better then we were under Saban and Wanny.

truth is people we are not better then we were then, some of you just think we are but apparently

Dont get mad at me I am just telling like it is, we have been spending money on guys who didnt play well in Oakland or New York or wherever.

we have changed the name of the stadium almost every week now.

we get the same basement bargin players that you guys used to rip Wanny for.

The Heat is about to lose DWAYNE WADE who is truely the only star in Miami so I supose that fin fans are really enjoying this false sense of improving when we are just passed by the jets, and soon to be the Bills.

my point is Armando is right the fins are getting below averag players and fin fans cant even admitt it now , that is sad.

come on people wake up and look around . getting better means getting talked about, it also means scoring more then 14 lousy points in a game , it means blowing out the bad teams damn it.:bobdole::jcane:

Ricky_Fan34
02-13-2010, 01:43 PM
hahahahahhahahahahaah. THIS is why you were in the running for the "Debbie Downer award"

Overpaying a franchise LT? No, he was an excellent pick and is a cornerstone. You're a funny guy though, Miami is very close to being good. We are talking 1-3 years away.. Depending on Henne and our draft, it could be next year.

twg76
02-13-2010, 01:46 PM
I know Armando from the Herald seems like a loose cannon but he is indeed right on two topics.

Before we proceed any futher there is something I want to get straight with you guys right off the bat.

Armando is right , this team isnt anywhere close to being in the same ball park as the saints and colts hell we are not as good as the jets and we were just barely lucky to beat them twice.

we lost to the Bills, we barely beat the bad teams and we didnt beat any of the elite teams.

Armando is right we have no playmakers at wr or on defense. Any fin fan that says different is smoking crack.

Bess doesnt scare anyone but to hear fin fans talk he is better then Welker that is dumb on part of my misguided fin fans.

Camarillo are you kidding me he isnt any better then Chambers and that is the truth.

Fasano had a Bad year but he may be our best offensive player next to Ronnie and Ricky.

Jake Long is so over paid the dolphins have embarrassed the nfl in their stupidity of over paying a player who never touches the ball.

Just because Parcells came here sdoesnt mean we will be better then we were under Saban and Wanny.

truth is people we are not better then we were then, some of you just think we are but apparently

Dont get mad at me I am just telling like it is, we have been spending money on guys who didnt play well in Oakland or New York or wherever.

The Heat is about to lose DWAYNE WADE who is truely the only star in Miami so I supose that fin fans are really enjoying this false sense of improving when we are just passed by the jets, and soon to be the Bills.

my point is Armando is right the fins are getting below averag players and fin fans cant even admitt it now , that is sad.

come on people wake up and look around . getting better means getting talked about, it also means scoring more then 14 lousy points in a game , it means blowing out the bad teams damn it.:bobdole::jcane:

You're talking about 2009 and you have no faith in 2010. I disagree with this post.

Players rebound from bad seasons. Miami will make some much needed moves on the roster to get a more unified team in place. There is hope. This is a thread for panic. 2010 is a new season. We have to hope that the players get better and the coaches finally get focused and stay that way.

Chi-Town FinFan
02-13-2010, 01:48 PM

The Fins paid the going rate for a # 1 pick.... The guy has been in the league 2 years and has been named to 2 pro bowls. what should they have done?

Mannyjr23
02-13-2010, 01:55 PM
Is Armando a Dolphins fan?

Clipse
02-13-2010, 01:57 PM
Will you ever take the time to post a thoughtful thread? I've seen a lot of idiots/debbie downers come through this board, and you may just be the worst of them all. If you hate this team as much as you claim to, please spare us your idiocy and move on. We get it, you hate the dolphins and we suck. Awesome.

Valandui
02-13-2010, 02:00 PM
The Fins paid the going rate for a # 1 pick.... The guy has been in the league 2 years and has been named to 2 pro bowls. what should they have done?
Agreed. The Falcons paid more for Matt Ryan than we did for Jake Long and look at who has accomplished more so far. Nobody seems to even entertain the possibility that Ryan is overpaid.

Valandui
02-13-2010, 02:01 PM
Also, Armando is a complete joke.

67Stang
02-13-2010, 02:02 PM
HMMMMM, and how close were we to beating both of those teams? Just saying.

Dolphins9954
02-13-2010, 02:06 PM
We did beat the Jets twice. We did get lucky in the 2nd game. But the first game was a great game that went back and fourth. And our offense played an awesome game. We should have beat the colts but the defence and Ted Ginn dropped pass screwed things up. And the Saints game was a total defensive meltdown. We were up 21 points in that game and their the SB champs.

Defense is a major problem that cost us. And not having a number 1 receiver to throw to. Nolan will help us out quite a bit on defence. With him on board the draft and free agency will be a positive. Parcells and company have to make sure they get him the guys he needs. Either way Nolan will make our defence better than 2009.

Getting a number 1 guy on offence is a must. We get Henne someone to throw to. That defences will have to respect. Would only open up the game for the rest of our receivers. I think we have a good supporting cast that just really needs a leader. I can't wait to see who they get.

It was a tough year. With injuries and schedule. But with the pick up of Nolan, a draft and free agency. I wouldn't write off this team just yet. 3 or 4 months from now we will have a better picture on where we are going as a team. I'm excited and can't wait to see who we get.

X-Pacolypse
02-13-2010, 02:07 PM
Acefin, this IS exactly why you got my vote for the Debby Downer Award.

DeFINSeWins
02-13-2010, 02:07 PM
your jake long comment gives you 0 credibility in my book

BigJP
02-13-2010, 02:10 PM
Acefin, What's the deal buddy? you seem to have some legit depression issues, maybe lack of social life or something of that nature, you know maybe you don't have alot of friends you can turn to in your times of need. It seems like you are either seriously have a bad attitude about everything OR you just want attention. Listen I don't know you but if you need to vent buddy they have classes for this or you could always go too your local library and check out a good self help book.
Maybe and you really might want to consider picking a new team to follow, how about the saints? BAM you can start off on the right foot look acefin your new squad just won a ring WHOOOO!!! good for you bud. Honestly if the fins our doing this too you just think about it. Good luck buddy.

aesop
02-13-2010, 02:40 PM
The Jets should not have even been in the Monday Night game this year. 2 bull**** fake punts kept them close. Just like our special teams kept us in the 2nd game. The offense didn't even see the field because we scored 3 non-offense TD's that game. Can't blame the squad that wasn't on the field.

kcbrown
02-13-2010, 02:56 PM
I see your not getting much love here but you make a lot of valid points. I keep hearing this "1-3 years away" thing every year. We have a lot of upgrades needed all the way around. I'll root for the Fins and watch the games next year, but unless we change the way we draft talent, I won't get too excited.

d-day
02-13-2010, 02:58 PM

worst.thread.ever.

a1csiriaS
02-13-2010, 03:15 PM

dude if obsenitys were allowed on this board you probably would gotten an ear full for this ridiculous post. you sound like a dolphin hater imo your probably that jet fan the comes on here and has like 1 bajillion posts. yes this is a message board and you are entitled to your opinion but remember that with that also comes the concecuences and everyone else is entitled to bash your i mean express their opinions too. you sir like someone else said here are clearly the winner of the debie downer award and should look into jumping on the saints band wagon or maybe the jets sinceyour gloryfying them wow i just lost 2 minutes of my life responding to this waste of time

PhinPhan910
02-13-2010, 03:57 PM
I see your not getting much love here but you make a lot of valid points. I keep hearing this "1-3 years away" thing every year. We have a lot of upgrades needed all the way around. I'll root for the Fins and watch the games next year, but unless we change the way we draft talent, I won't get too excited.

Oh, i see, you want more john becks?

Our past 2 drafts have been very good, and that is not an overstatement.

Notable players drafted for past 3 drafts:
2007: Ted Ginn

2008: Jake Long, Chad Henne, Kendall Langford, Donald Thomas, Philip Merling, Davone Bess, Dan Carpenter

2009: Brian Hartline, Vontae Davis, Sean Smith, Nate Garner, and if you want, you can add Chris Clemons who may be an average pick or a superstar (its to early to tell)

Clipse
02-13-2010, 04:02 PM
Change the way we draft talent? Care to be more specific because that makes 0 sense. 1-3 years, what's wrong with that? 3-4 years is right about the time a rebuilding team should be getting into a nice groove. In case you forgot, we were poorly managed for years, and are 2 seasons removed from 1-15. Did you expect us to go from 1-15 to super bowl in 2 years? If you did, then you should be ashamed.

dolpns13
02-13-2010, 04:12 PM
Is Armando a Dolphins fan?

Is Acefin a dolphins fan... No chance in hell she is.

SQuinn17
02-13-2010, 04:17 PM
Vontae Davis = PLAYMAKER!!!!

CalDolFan10x14
02-13-2010, 04:25 PM
I really wonder if people like these are really Miami Dolphins fans?

From Webster's dictionary...

Main Entry: 3fan
Function: noun
Etymology: probably short for fanatic
Date: 1682
1 : an enthusiastic devotee (as of a sport (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fan#) or a performing art) usually as a spectator
2 : an ardent admirer or enthusiast (as of a celebrity or a pursuit) <science-fiction fans>

The OP does not sound enthusiastic at ALL about the Miami Dolphins. What do you think?

dolfin530
02-13-2010, 04:26 PM
I can admit we are not an elite team but WOW! we are not that bad. After the 1-15 season I think we are so much closer than any of us could of imagined.

SkapePhin
02-13-2010, 04:53 PM
The Saints were 7-9 in 2008. Nuff said. Armando is the worst writer in the history of the world. He writes controversial stuff just for the sake of getting traffic. He has no talent as a writer and he knows it. Half of his sourcesare made up and he has been known to delete blogs that he gets called out on.

Xeticus
02-13-2010, 04:59 PM
Are we talent starved? Yes. We do have a lack of playmakers but we are getting a little better each year. We're a few players away from being a playoff team. Get a good free safety, SOLB, ILB and NT and we are good to go and all of that is achievable this offseason.

Valandui
02-13-2010, 05:11 PM
Oh, i see, you want more john becks?

Our past 2 drafts have been very good, and that is not an overstatement.

Notable players drafted for past 3 drafts:
2007: Ted Ginn

2008: Jake Long, Chad Henne, Kendall Langford, Donald Thomas, Philip Merling, Davone Bess, Dan Carpenter

2009: Brian Hartline, Vontae Davis, Sean Smith, Nate Garner, and if you want, you can add Chris Clemons who may be an average pick or a superstar (its to early to tell)
Nate Garner was a seventh rounder for the Jets in 2008. We picked him up when they cut him after training camp, which honestly makes me like him even more since the Jets dumped him and he is playing well for us.

Scott Andrew
02-13-2010, 05:15 PM
Dude... I TRULY hope you are a more positive person in your actual life

cafinfan408
02-13-2010, 05:39 PM
I think the Pats are scared of Bess

72champagne
02-13-2010, 05:57 PM
starks, wake & davis are playmakers. anderson & moses may have been if they'd seen the field more. hartline had a fairly special season for a 4th round rookie receiver. bess & camarillo may not be scary but they sure must be annoying for a defense trying to stop us on 3rd down.

dolpns13
02-13-2010, 06:43 PM
I really wonder if people like these are really Miami Dolphins fans?

From Webster's dictionary...

The OP does not sound enthusiastic at ALL about the Miami Dolphins. What do you think?

Considering the OP is NEVER, NEVER enthusiastic, according to the definition, she isnt a fan

esafille
02-13-2010, 06:49 PM
Is there a "No Thanks" button?

milldog
02-13-2010, 07:03 PM

And you my friend have no idea about our team. I almost threw up finishing your post. First of all, Long was the right pick, Bess and Hartline are better than ok, were better than you think we are, and D wade aint going anywhere. This must have been a joke, right?

SabanHater
02-13-2010, 07:16 PM
not making excuses, but we did have the toughest schedule in the NFL. We had a first year starter at QB who did a damn good job, and we lost more starters than I can count on one hand. Go ask any of the others teams in the NFL if they enjoyed playing the Dolphins last year and I will bet you their answer is NO!

Johnny O
02-13-2010, 07:23 PM
You know, I told myself to stop reading after the barely beating the Jets nonsense. I made it all the way to the Jake Long salary being an embarrassment to the NFL. Anybody get through he whole thing???

Clipse
02-13-2010, 07:29 PM
You know, I told myself to stop reading after the barely beating the Jets nonsense. I made it all the way to the Jake Long salary being an embarrassment to the NFL. Anybody get through he whole thing???
I stopped as soon as I seen Acefin 500.

sharp
02-13-2010, 07:35 PM
1-3 years to become contenders? Then i agree. Not 1-3 years and an automatic superbowl victory like some of you assumed. If we have one offseason where we have good draft position, make a trade, and sign some players we are right there. Anyone who thinks otherwise is 'smoking crack'

Lorenzo Rules
02-13-2010, 09:10 PM
WELL I guess I should offer a rebuttle ans so I shall.

Look I am ad dolphin but I am a inexperienced dolphin fan , I am here to take my lumps so I have your wraths coming, for I didnt Realize that my posts came off in a bad light and I am not going away . It would be too easy to do that . So all I can say that I have been going throw a rough time yet that was no reason to post what I originally posted. You all are jusifyably angry ,therefore I will take responsibility for my coments not just in this thread but other threads as well.
my rebuttle is this, I was trying to throw out a different opinion then the sunshine pumping but I took it to the extreme .

noboddy will buy this but I am willing to try to be more positive ,i just need a little bit of guidence . I just want our team to be well respected and I have been impatient . Look I am not a bad person just a bad fan that wants to think differently .
so go I deserve the hate because I did not realize that my threads were negative and that would get on my nerves too so I apologize .

I could save everybody the trouble and walk away but I wont because I simply dont know how to be that positive brilliant fan that people around here love .

I could switch teams but I wont do that . I simply want to change my ways even though people may not beleive me but I screwed up and I did let my physical illness overload my mouth or rather my fingers.
So I am officially apologizing because I am a dolphin fan .

DefensiveEnd76
02-13-2010, 09:27 PM
Ace is most certainly a Jets fan. I saw him wearing some of Joe Namath's panty hose last week.

xoxoxosteph22
02-13-2010, 09:49 PM
I don't think its that horrible to have negative thoughts after last season, almost every game when something good happened I couldn't help but anticipate for something bad to happen right after. That's not exactly the best thought to have but its okay to be disappointed.

I just think maybe you expected a lot more and you just can't think about all the positives about last year.

Maybe you should try thinking about some those games again.Miami should have won against the Colts,they probably should have beat the Saints and saying they barely beat the Jets is a little ridiculous considering the Jets are suppose to have the #1 defense and couldn't even beat us once with problems on both the offense and defense.Sure they had some horrible loses but come on it is what it is and now its time to look to next season. Lets not forget Miami had some of the most exciting and thrilling games last year.

I for one could not be anymore excited for next season because I know it'll go a lot better then last season.

jlfin
02-13-2010, 09:59 PM
This thread is too ridiculous to even respond to

outlawd2u
02-13-2010, 10:35 PM

Look I am ad dolphin but I am a inexperienced dolphin fan , I am here to take my lumps so I have your wraths coming, for I didnt Realize that my posts came off in a bad light and I am not going away . It would be too easy to do that . So all I can say that I have been going throw a rough time yet that was no reason to post what I originally posted. You all are jusifyably angry ,therefore I will take responsibility for my coments not just in this thread but other threads as well.
my rebuttle is this, I was trying to throw out a different opinion then the sunshine pumping but I took it to the extreme .

noboddy will buy this but I am willing to try to be more positive ,i just need a little bit of guidence . I just want our team to be well respected and I have been impatient . Look I am not a bad person just a bad fan that wants to think differently .
so go I deserve the hate because I did not realize that my threads were negative and that would get on my nerves too so I apologize .

I could save everybody the trouble and walk away but I wont because I simply dont know how to be that positive brilliant fan that people around here love .

I could switch teams but I wont do that . I simply want to change my ways even though people may not beleive me but I screwed up and I did let my physical illness overload my mouth or rather my fingers.

I wouldn't appologize for what you said. While I don't agree with most of it it's just your opinion and this is just a message board so who cares. The ones that genuinely get upset over other people's posts simply because their opinion differs from their own are the ones that have a problem.

Etuoo33
02-13-2010, 10:43 PM
And your point is???????

Kadiddlehopper
02-13-2010, 11:32 PM
Armando our new GM?

normaniii
02-13-2010, 11:55 PM
The statement 'I could change teams .......but I wont', would never be said by a true fan!

milldog
02-14-2010, 12:06 AM

It takes a BIG man to step up and say they were wrong. I give you props my friend. You easily could have replied f--k you or something to that but you didn't and you ask for forgiveness so....no sweat. We all get bent and all say **** we sometimes don't mean. Not my job to judge you or anyone for that matter so to you I say, good day, mate!

esafille
02-14-2010, 02:12 AM
Armando our new GM?

OMG, no way hahaha. That could very well be the only thing that would make me a Jets fan.

Caliphinfan23
02-14-2010, 03:19 PM
We scored more then 14 points a game in all but 3 games.

Fish-Head
02-14-2010, 05:13 PM

Really? I think the drafting has been a HIGH point for this regime the last two years and the number of starters from those classes would support that... Where this regime has failed is in Free Agency.

Pennington was maybe the only real home run these guys hit in the market... and he was a no brainer at the time... Though it could be argued that Starks is getting close to that stature as well... But this policy of raiding other teams practice squads and hitting the waiver wire to unearth so called 'gems' reeks of ego... From Wilford to Wilson...

They need to buck up and chase a high profile game changer... The draft is great for building teams but you also need to acquire players who are peaking NOW... To augment that growing talent base. Like it or not... This team needs game changing talent on the front lines beginning with WR. Time to make a deal.

BTW... Isn't that a Vontae Davis quote in your sig and wasn't he... umm... DRAFTED? :lol:

Vertical Limit
02-14-2010, 06:18 PM
I remember a few years back people would post crap like "I'm getting tired of this teamm I'm going to become a Bills fan". This thread kind of reminded me of those threads.

frostyphin84
02-15-2010, 02:23 AM
guidance? ok throw a couple of these in the hopper:

The miami herald beat writers are not people to take opinions from, they have all proven to be less than credible at some point. Just watch the games and follow the factual updates- you will form a more natural opinion.

you have the right to your opinion just be aware that not everyone will agree so have valid reasons for your opinion to be able to debate, it is very unlikely that EVERYONE will agree with EVEN ONE point you will make- so dont be sorry for your thoughts just know why you feel that way.

Its easy to condemn, there will always be something to improve on as a team, there is no team in the league who could not upgrade on some level or position. It will, however, work wonders for you as a fan to find something: particular players, the direction of the team, a new FO, whatever, ect. something that was a bright spot and find some solice in that...

metalman32060
02-15-2010, 08:27 AM
Is ACE FIN a Dolphins fan?

Fixed that for ya

josekareh
02-15-2010, 10:03 AM
Armando, Armando, Armando Who???

SF Dolphin Fan
02-15-2010, 11:22 AM
We still have holes to fill, but two years ago we were probably 50 players away. Now? Maybe 6-7 upgrades are needed. That's what you call getting closer in a hurry!

67Stang
02-15-2010, 12:18 PM
1 word, Zoloft!

Tunaphish429
02-15-2010, 12:24 PM
Also, Armando is a complete joke.

He is a joke..

I wonder if we do win the super bowl what he will do....

Bumpus
02-15-2010, 03:35 PM
He'll say that he knew it all along.