PDA

View Full Version : Gibril Wilson

footsteps_falco
02-14-2010, 12:29 AM
I am happy to have him on our team. i like gibril wilson. i think he is the answer to our dbacks, i say keep him and clemens and bell as well as will allen vontae davis and sean smith. i love our d backs, i believe gibril should be in the nickle blitzing a lot more. i do believe he should make less money though.
I would also like to say that Tedd Gin Jr is the man, and between Ginn Bess Hartline Camirillo Haynos and Fasano we are set. we dont need WR guys cmon. and if we were going to get Boldin, he definitely wouldnt be let go for a 4th or 5th pick and joey porter or channing crowder. They use point scales dont they? idk i just see some really far fetched madden like trade ideas on here. I think a more realistic trade for Boldin would be something like a 2nd or maybe ever a 1st round pick swap along with Tyler Thigpen and possibly Anthony Fasano, I dont think the Cards would be interested in channing crowder or any other linebacker on our team

MiamiDolfan85
02-14-2010, 12:32 AM
.....I've lost focus what this thread is about.....

footsteps_falco
02-14-2010, 12:40 AM
clearly i did too when i wrote it lol

#1dolphinsfan
02-14-2010, 12:47 AM
I like Gibril Wilson as a SS but not a FS i wouldnt mind having him take a paycut and have him as YBs back up untell YB either Retires or gets injurys(which happens quite a bit he has only played 16 games 2 times in his career) Plus IMO Wilson is a very good Defensive leader i really like when he took vontae aside in the Preseason and talked to him after Davis his the PR after a fair catch. If he takes a big paycut i would gladly take him back as our back up SS

greenmiamicat
02-14-2010, 12:47 AM
I quit reading after "i think he is the answer to our dbacks"

aesop
02-14-2010, 01:04 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/02/shootself300x300-1.jpg

Fin_Frenzy_84
02-14-2010, 01:12 AM
Boldin for a second or a first... Ted Ginn are man... Keep Wilson... You are kidding right???

finnns2000
02-14-2010, 01:14 AM
wtf? ted ginn is the man? this has to be sarcasm.

CW_McGraw
02-14-2010, 01:50 AM
I suggest you actually watch Dolphins games, friend. I assure you that if you did, your rosy outlook on Gibril Wilson would change dramatically.

SRM
02-14-2010, 01:52 AM
Even in Madden Wilson plays like a chicken without a head. I missed four tackles in a row with him!

luduporcu
02-14-2010, 04:01 AM
MADDEN is for idiots. So is WILSON.

SRM
02-14-2010, 10:40 AM
MADDEN is for idiots. So is WILSON.

Hah, yeah, okay.

SQuinn17
02-14-2010, 10:54 AM
Hopefully you wont like the guy much longer and he'll be playing for another team next season. G. Wilson is absolutely terrible!!!

twohype
02-14-2010, 11:12 AM
I quit reading after "i think he is the answer to our dbacks"

Yep :ohno:

retarmyfinfan
02-14-2010, 11:16 AM
Hopefully this was sarcasm, if not, drugs are not the answer.

MrEd
02-14-2010, 11:18 AM
I like Gibril Wilson as a SS but not a FS i wouldnt mind having him take a paycut and have him as YBs back up untell YB either Retires or gets injurys(which happens quite a bit he has only played 16 games 2 times in his career) Plus IMO Wilson is a very good Defensive leader i really like when he took vontae aside in the Preseason and talked to him after Davis his the PR after a fair catch. If he takes a big paycut i would gladly take him back as our back up SS

I agree 100%. I'd feel more comfortable with Gibril Wilson stepping in at SS after a Yeremiah Bell injury than Tyrone Culver. Wilson has the skills and experience to play and play well at SS. I'd dump Culver, renegociate Wilson's contract, keep Clemens, and look for a starting FS via FA/Draft.

X-Pacolypse
02-14-2010, 11:34 AM
I am happy to have him on our team. i like gibril wilson. i think he is the answer to our dbacks, i say keep him and clemens and bell as well as will allen vontae davis and sean smith. i love our d backs, i believe gibril should be in the nickle blitzing a lot more. i do believe he should make less money though.
I would also like to say that Tedd Gin Jr is the man, and between Ginn Bess Hartline Camirillo Haynos and Fasano we are set. we dont need WR guys cmon. and if we were going to get Boldin, he definitely wouldnt be let go for a 4th or 5th pick and joey porter or channing crowder. They use point scales dont they? idk i just see some really far fetched madden like trade ideas on here. I think a more realistic trade for Boldin would be something like a 2nd or maybe ever a 1st round pick swap along with Tyler Thigpen and possibly Anthony Fasano, I dont think the Cards would be interested in channing crowder or any other linebacker on our team

Have you lost your damn mind? :bobdole:

VA_Finfan
02-14-2010, 12:50 PM
:bobdole:

X-Pacolypse
02-14-2010, 01:23 PM
Another reminder as to why Wilson sucks.

ESPN's KC Joyner said Davis finished 72nd among 100 qualifying cornerbacks with a 39.5 percent success rate on passes thrown with him in coverage. He allowed 10.7 yards an attempt, ranking 94th.

Smith had a 49.2 percent success rate (27th-best) but allowed 10.8 yards an attempt (95th).

Allen was better -- 55.6 percent success rate (seventh) and 7.0 yards an attempt in six games in 2009; 51.3 percent (18th) and 7.2 in 2008.

Joyner, who studies every play, said Davis and Smith were hurt because ``they couldn't count on consistent over-the-top coverage from Gibril Wilson.''

rent this space
02-14-2010, 01:48 PM
you're not going to get that much for Boldin, especially not from BP

SRM
02-14-2010, 01:55 PM
I agree 100%. I'd feel more comfortable with Gibril Wilson stepping in at SS after a Yeremiah Bell injury than Tyrone Culver. Wilson has the skills and experience to play and play well at SS. I'd dump Culver, renegociate Wilson's contract, keep Clemens, and look for a starting FS via FA/Draft.

Name one thing Culver has ****ed up.

j-off-her-doll
02-14-2010, 03:28 PM
Think Wilson will shine at SS under Nolan. We're obviously looking for a FS.

Taylormade 99
02-14-2010, 05:58 PM
O.K. Which MOD let Rex Ryan start posting here? Wilson is a waste! He will not be on the team next year!

defiant
02-15-2010, 05:00 AM
If Gibril Wilson is on this team next year I might boycott Dolphins games...I will not compromise on this issue Gibril Wilson is a WORTHLESS NOOB

footsteps_falco
02-26-2010, 01:21 AM
looks like ireland and the rest of the trifecta agreed with me that gibril was a good player on the giants and has the potential to be a solid player on our team. he didnt have a great year, and though some of you feel gibril was a plague in our backfield and no help to the corners, ireland said himself it was really the other way around. i think too much of a load was put on our safeties to backup our rookies. and thats okay, its expected. gibril didnt have a great season, and bell's pro bowl season definitely puts an even bigger shadow on wilson's, but looks like our team thinks this guy still has potential and will see if he can prove that any flaws in his game this season wont be here next season. time shall tell. i always liked gibril wilson

miamiron
03-05-2010, 02:26 PM
looks like ireland and the rest of the trifecta agreed with me that gibril was a good player on the giants and has the potential to be a solid player on our team. he didnt have a great year, and though some of you feel gibril was a plague in our backfield and no help to the corners, ireland said himself it was really the other way around. i think too much of a load was put on our safeties to backup our rookies. and thats okay, its expected. gibril didnt have a great season, and bell's pro bowl season definitely puts an even bigger shadow on wilson's, but looks like our team thinks this guy still has potential and will see if he can prove that any flaws in his game this season wont be here next season. time shall tell. i always liked gibril wilson

No...it looks like this team knew what a mistake Wilson has been and it's time to send him packing