PDA

View Full Version : Help Save Martin Grossman before 6PM this evening

SaveMGrossman
02-16-2010, 12:47 PM
This is not meant to be disrepect to the late Peggy Park and her family. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

Please Google what I wrote below and based on the info on the Petition site and related links, decide whether to take action. That's all one can realistically ask. If it wasn't a matter of life or death, I wouldn't post this message on the forum. I hope you understand.

Thank You.

To find the petition and additional info, please Google the following:

Martin Grossman Petition

Ricky4Life
02-16-2010, 02:06 PM
Florida is set to execute a man who was convicted of killing a state wildlife officer 24 years ago.

Martin Edward Grossman is scheduled to die by lethal injection at 6 p.m. Tuesday at the Florida State Prison near Starke.

Grossman was 19 when prosecutors say he beat 26-year-old Margaret "Peggy" Park with a heavy flashlight and then shot her in the head.

Park had happened upon Grossman and another teen with a stolen gun in the woods of a nature preserve near Tampa on Dec. 13, 1984.

Peggy Park's mother, Margaret, and her two surviving children plan to witness the execution. Margaret Park said Grossman's death is "long overdue."

The Aleph Institute - a rabbinical institution caring for Jewish prisoners - is attempting to convince the government to hold a hearing and pardon Grossman, according to ynetnews.com.

Rabbi Menachem Katz, who visited Grossman in jail over the past 15 years, says that the Jewish prisoner has reformed and regrets his actions. If the sentence is implemented, Grossman will be the 25th person to be executed in the state of Florida in the past decade, and the fifth since Gov. Charlie Crist took office in 2007.

Crist signed Grossman's death warrant Jan. 12.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/palm-beach/fl-martin-grossman-execution-021610-20100216,0,2725797.story

Bumpus
02-16-2010, 02:20 PM
Chair. Give it to him. :up:

Vaark
02-16-2010, 02:45 PM
In my hero Clint Eastwood's world, he'd have already been living on borrowed time since 12/14/84. There should be no mulligans, this ain't golf!

Joe from WY
02-16-2010, 03:05 PM
welp fellrs...as fer as eym kunserned...let hm haang...lol...tekn innosen lyfs like tht...he neeeds noooo mersee...lol...gif hm th needl...if th jizzmoper werr en wyoming!...eyd giv him th gas chember...lol

Mako
02-16-2010, 03:59 PM
Did Martin Grossman give Peggy Park a petition to spare her life?

Nope. He brutally and senselessly murdered an innocent woman. I don't care what the rabbi says, reformed or not, justice should prevail. For Peggy Park's sake.

SpurzN703
02-16-2010, 04:44 PM
So what is the OP saying to us here, sign the petition to grant the killer's release?

SaveMGrossman
02-16-2010, 05:12 PM
PhinzN703, no one is calling for Martin Grossman's release. The goal of the petition is for Martin Grossman to get a Clemency hearing. With the goal of a life in prison sentence if a FAIR Clemency hearing panel determines life in prison is more appropriate for this case than the death penalty.

The reasons why I believe Martin Grossman should get a clemency hearing is his IQ is 77, which is a borderline retarded level. And Grossman didn't have adequate representation during the trial process.

There's plenty of info Online about this case, including Pope Benedict XVI's request that Martin Grossman isn't executed later today.

Again, thank you to everyone for giving this consideration.

Ricky_Fan34
02-16-2010, 05:58 PM
Doesn't matter if he's borderline retarded, he still killed an innocent woman. Nothing changes that. No excuses for unprovoked murder.

Bumpus
02-16-2010, 06:48 PM
Spam? IDK, this might be more fun in the depths.

Anyway, I don't care if he's Full-Blown Retard ... F'er has to go!

Ricky_Fan34
02-16-2010, 07:53 PM
well, he's dead now, so this thread may as well be closed.