PDA

View Full Version : Relationship Help (Girl at Work)

Roadblkx
02-25-2010, 03:38 PM
There's this girl I work with that I am really into. We both work at a grocery store (18 and in HS). I've known her for a while, but nothing more than a text here and there. After her and her BF broke up, I invited her to hangout with me twice but she made excuses both times (I dont know how legit). I kinda gave up. Then, last sunday, I realized we got off of work at the same time so while we were working I mentioned we should have dinner. She said that sounded great, but after work, she called her mom and her mom said she had to come home.
The girl seemed a little upset, but here's the thing.. She didn't leave. She just started bitching about her parents being overbearing and then we just go to talking about mutual friends and stuff. We talked for about 25 minutes and I said, "Well since youre missing dinner anyways, lets go get a shake at mcdonalds!" We stayed there for like 45 min just talking.
She mentioned I should text her ex and say "hey its (my name) and im hanging out with your ex haha!"

Anyways, I'm real outgoing and funny, but Im not yet comfortable with making moves. Only contact I used was a touch on the leg once or twice during convo, a slight playful thing with her hand while taking her phone, and a hug when I left. hardly anything. I am fairly playful and flirty when I talk, though.

I want to ask her to hangout this weekend. I'm gonna call her tonight and tell her that I want to take her to do something either Saturday or Sunday evening. I am not sure what we would do yet. I know it probably doesn't matter, but I just want to do something other than freaking putt putt or movies. Other than that, I wanted to grab dinner and was thinking I'd mention to her that I could teach her to drive stick shift. Would be really innuendo driven if I do it right and could also be spontaneous.

What should we do this weekend? How can I best avoid friend zone?

anyways, any help at all appreciated. whats my next move? Is she using me to get revenge on her ex?

WISfinfan13
02-25-2010, 03:46 PM
Ahh....How....I love FH relationship advise...Love these threads.

But heres what I think...Just ask her. Be like...I think your attractive/really nice/very smart would be interested in going to dinner??

Fin_Frenzy_84
02-25-2010, 03:50 PM
Stay out of the friend zone!!! That is my problem Im like a Guru I can help friends get into a relationship but cant get one myself...

Fin_Frenzy_84
02-25-2010, 03:52 PM
Keep on making her laugh though and keep flirting let her know you want to be more than friends...

WISfinfan13
02-25-2010, 03:55 PM
Or you could touch her boob. If she slaps you...Your looking at the friends zone...If she smiles your in like flin man!!

Tunaphish429
02-25-2010, 03:55 PM
Ah...Young Love...

Just be yourself it it happens it happens...

Dont get in the middle of her and her ex...

and stay away from the shakes and Mickey D's they'll make you fat

Fin_Frenzy_84
02-25-2010, 04:02 PM
Or you could touch her boob. If she slaps you...Your looking at the friends zone...If she smiles your in like flin man!!

Honestly that stuff works hahaha lol girls love when you do that if they are into you.... I cant help it though im to nice lol I get into the friend zone to much lol. This weekend though got a party and its time to get my juke on and get some digits....:up:

BobDole
02-25-2010, 05:07 PM
precarious situation here bro. not only do you have to worry about the highway to the friend zone, but also have to be aware that you might be the rebound guy. either way - you gotta make a move soon b/c the friend zone is nearly impossible to get out of. i'm always forward with this kind of stuff - wondering what could of been is a hell of a lot worse than being denied.

the good part about the possible rebound guy situation is she might want to get back at her ex - and you know how they do that, right?

fatkirstyalley
02-25-2010, 05:15 PM
My man......if I could only be your age again. The main thing you need to do is be yourself....dont put on some kinda act. Chicks can tell if you are comfortable in your own skin as hokey as that sounds. And DO NOT call her or text her too much. Do it just enough to keep her on the line. And......you need to cancel one date with her, make her want you. Weekend, take her somewhere she doesnt expect doesnt have to be expensive. DO NOT take her somewhere romantic, you will be putting off the creepy vibe. Sporting events/ outdoor stuff is great.

Fin_Frenzy_84
02-25-2010, 05:24 PM
My man......if I could only be your age again. The main thing you need to do is be yourself....dont put on some kinda act. Chicks can tell if you are comfortable in your own skin as hokey as that sounds. And DO NOT call her or text her too much. Do it just enough to keep her on the line. And......you need to cancel one date with her, make her want you. Weekend, take her somewhere she doesnt expect doesnt have to be expensive. DO NOT take her somewhere romantic, you will be putting off the creepy vibe. Sporting events/ outdoor stuff is great.
Ha do you have a obbsesion for kirsty??? lol jkjk

Bumpus
02-25-2010, 05:37 PM
As Dr. Goonboss would say, Chicks dig confidence.

X-Pacolypse
02-25-2010, 06:57 PM
To reiterate what others have said, don't put on act. Be you, be witty, and by all means make her laugh.

Tetragrammaton
02-25-2010, 08:26 PM
Take it out.

DzakkH13
02-25-2010, 08:54 PM
Sounds like she's still hung up on the ex. Just be yourself and make your feelings towards her be known, but don't be too forward.

JCane
02-26-2010, 12:28 AM
Piihb!

Arsenal WV
02-26-2010, 01:47 AM
Bone her

emeraldfin
02-26-2010, 06:17 AM
To avoid friend zone, you gotta make a move. If she has shown any interest in you, then just make a move and whatever happens, happens.

Was actually in a pretty similar situation a few years back and because I never made a move we ended up just being friends.

And I was ****ing pissed coz this girl was really hot.

GoonBoss
02-26-2010, 07:21 AM
As Dr. Goonboss would say, Chicks dig confidence.

And scars.

GoonBoss
02-26-2010, 07:29 AM
It's pretty much been touched on, but here goes;

-Do not, under any circumstances let her use you to get revenge on her ex. If she's
being that vindictive it means she's not really over him, which doesn't bode well for you.

-Despite what others here have said; Being a freind does not necessarially preclude a relationship later, but it does make it more than less likely she'll consider you her cute, trendy gay freind.

-Be yourself. There's nothing wrong with putting your best foot forward, but you need to just be yourself, and be confident in yourself.

-Girls at your age think they are grown and know everything. They don't, but they think they do. Just accept that.

-Definitly continue to pursue a formal "date" situation. That will help keep you out of the freind zone. At some point, you also need to make a move. If she shoots you down...Oh well. Now at least you'll know. Believe me when I say there are girls for miles out there.

PhinzN703
02-26-2010, 09:47 AM
Ahhh to be young. The one thing amongst many good things about marriage is that you don't have to worry about this sort of thing anymore. I wouldn't look for anything serious with this girl. You're both 18, the likelihood you get together and last forever is low (though still possible). Just have fun, get to know her, hit it if you want.

Let us know your progress as it happens

Roadblkx
02-26-2010, 11:17 AM
Hey guys, so I called her but she didn't pick up. Figured it would be better to leave a message and let her reply than to just keep calling her tomorrow.
Basically said:
"Hey its ____, wanna hangout this weekend? I was thinkin bowling then dinner. Lemme know. When do you work this weekend I work ____ and _____. see ya!"

Looking back it probably sounded pretty damn ridiculous like she'd be doing me a favor to go with me, but I should move on from it and not even worry about it.

Orlando Fan
02-26-2010, 11:58 AM
You need to be careful and take things slow, this girl is still not over her Ex Boyfriend yet, and could be using you to get to him, why else would she ask you to text him??? As young as you are if this does not work out for you, there are plenty of fish in the sea, could be the wrong time as well, just go slow so you don't wind up getting hurt.

Vaark
02-26-2010, 12:56 PM
If GoonBoss is unavailable, too busy meting out Draconian punishments on his gaggle of miscreants and retrogrades, then in an emergency, this is the guy I seek out next for sensible relationship advice:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/02/large_brandonmarshalldenverbroncos616-1.jpg

Bumpus
02-26-2010, 01:34 PM
Just ask yourself, "What would 'Smooth' Billy Dee Williams do?"

Arsenal WV
02-26-2010, 04:20 PM
tell her you want to play with her 'Whispering eye'

FinFrenzy
02-26-2010, 05:57 PM
It's pretty much been touched on, but here goes;

-Do not, under any circumstances let her use you to get revenge on her ex. If she's
being that vindictive it means she's not really over him, which doesn't bode well for you.

-Despite what others here have said; Being a freind does not necessarially preclude a relationship later, but it does make it more than less likely she'll consider you her cute, trendy gay freind.

-Be yourself. There's nothing wrong with putting your best foot forward, but you need to just be yourself, and be confident in yourself.

-Girls at your age think they are grown and know everything. They don't, but they think they do. Just accept that.

-Definitly continue to pursue a formal "date" situation. That will help keep you out of the freind zone. At some point, you also need to make a move. If she shoots you down...Oh well. Now at least you'll know. Believe me when I say there are girls for miles out there.

Ummm.....at what age do women actually stop pretending they know everything???? :rimshot:

Bumpus
02-26-2010, 07:50 PM
:lol2:
If you figure that out, let the rest of us know.

dolfan2334
02-27-2010, 11:57 AM
dont stress over her man. youre prob into her so much b/c you work together and most likely spend 8-10 hours staring at her ***.
im guessing youve got college in your near future where girls fall in your lap if youre the least bit good looking and know how to drink beer

GoonBoss
02-27-2010, 05:36 PM
Ummm.....at what age do women actually stop pretending they know everything???? :rimshot:

They pretty much do know everything.......

JCane
02-27-2010, 07:10 PM
Bone her

The only sensible and acceptable response here.

Bumpus
02-27-2010, 07:56 PM
Play some Barry White ...

JT-forpresident
02-27-2010, 08:27 PM
ahhhh this refreshes me a bit... reminds me of when i was in high school and how cute things were with the girls...

at my age, the good girls are taken, and all the other ones are either trash whores livin the college life/ nightlife , or have very important issues that explain why no guy wants to settle with them

:rolleyes:

I'm playing in the trash whore college/night-life league :lol: :lol:

JT-forpresident
02-27-2010, 08:29 PM
Bone her

then ask for a sandwich

(surprised you didn't precise the post-game plan Jcane :lol: )

GoonBoss
03-01-2010, 07:58 AM
then ask for a sandwich

(surprised you didn't precise the post-game plan Jcane :lol: )

Nay.......DEMAND a sammich.