PDA

View Full Version : Ronnie brown traded????

BostonPhin4
02-28-2010, 09:19 AM
I was just checkig Twitter on my iPhone and the Miami dolphins buzz account reports Ronnie brown for Calvin Johnson????? Can't find confirmation thoughts?

Morey161
02-28-2010, 09:20 AM
Ummmmm noooo. That wouldn't even make sense. They have Kevin Smith.

Kdawg954
02-28-2010, 09:20 AM
I would do it with the quickness.

BostonPhin4
02-28-2010, 09:21 AM
Bleacher Report >> Miami Dolphins Trading Ronnie Brown For Calvin Johnson
February 28, 2010 8:07:50 AM
from buzztap

Wadeshow
02-28-2010, 09:24 AM
if this is true it would be one of the trades of Brown I would be totaly for.

amspeed13
02-28-2010, 09:25 AM
Wow, as much as I love Ronnie, this would be a killer deal for us!

BostonPhin4
02-28-2010, 09:28 AM
Yeah the Twitter had a link to a small bleacher report article but it wouldn't let me paste it here from my iPhone and I can't find confirmation elsewhere.

Kdawg954
02-28-2010, 09:32 AM
Here is a bit:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/353807-miami-dolphins-trading-ronnie-brown-for-calvin-johnson

kwill29
02-28-2010, 09:34 AM
HMMM. Maybe we go hard after Dansby, and take spiller with the 12th pick?

Bonedoc7777
02-28-2010, 09:35 AM
i would drive to the airport to pick him up

BostonPhin4
02-28-2010, 09:36 AM
Thanks kdawg haha I was struggling with the link

miabrown23
02-28-2010, 09:37 AM
I like ronnie brown but this trade would be awesome for us. We could go out and get a free agent back or draft one. We would be putting Henie in the best postion to grow. If Henne is to succed a move like this could help for years to come.

truedolfan57
its a shame how the dolphins traded ronnie brown for calvin johnson cause the dolphins really needed ronnie brown for the 2010 season wat made them do that

wat?!

Bonedoc7777
is ingram coming out

Gitrdone
Bleacher report is nothing but pure crap. Anyone can post something on that site. Heck look at the spelling in the article, "wat" that should tell you everything you need to know. It was just someone posting something to pull your crank, and it worked. Considering trades can't happen till what, march 5th? And if this was true, i think places other then the bleacher report would have the news first.

web1313
I will not believe this for one second.....doesnt make any sense from Lions... but then again, it is the Lions........................

Kdawg954
02-28-2010, 09:38 AM
Obviously this trade would require more on Miami's end. Calvin Johnson for Ronnie Brown straight up is robbery.

I could see maybe Ronnie, Merling, Bell and a pick for him.

Calvin is worth 2 #1's . . . maybe he will never produce to the level u hope from for 2 #1's, but that is his asking price, atleast. Arguably the best WR prospect of all time.

Dolfan4life!
02-28-2010, 09:39 AM
No credibility - just some numbnuts posting fantasies on bleacherreport.

BostonPhin4
02-28-2010, 09:44 AM
Yeah thought it was weird that I couldn't find confirmation anywhere else but figured I would post it here anyway just incase. Knew it seemed too good to be true

dlockz
02-28-2010, 09:55 AM
Yea straight up would never happen. Too bad we cant throw in Ginn and make it work although thats not much too add.

MiamiDolfan85
02-28-2010, 10:00 AM
this is not true!!!
I will not get my hopes up til the 5th....I swear to god if theis doesnt go down someone better be banned....

AllFinsAllDay
02-28-2010, 10:00 AM
Kind of doesn't make sense even if it was true. Trading brown leaves a giant hole at RB

BostonPhin4
02-28-2010, 10:06 AM
Md85..... I should be banned for reporting something written on a sports website? So if it was just me making it up and not citing a source like 3/4 of the trade posts that would be better? Lol

miamiron
02-28-2010, 10:13 AM
Md85..... I should be banned for reporting something written on a sports website? So if it was just me making it up and not citing a source like 3/4 of the trade posts that would be better? Lol

You would think as a dolphin fan you would have taken the time to research what you report plus in your mind don't you think something some JOE/BLOW says would throw up a few red flags:bobdole:

dlockz
02-28-2010, 10:13 AM
Kind of doesn't make sense even if it was true. Trading brown leaves a giant hole at RB

Really , didn't his backup gain mopre yards than he ever has. Not exactly a huge hole. With Ronnie here or not we can look forward to not having him here quite a bit of the time. Even if Brown is all that does the back being on IR really translate to that many more wins.

kbeath
02-28-2010, 10:19 AM
First off, this is a bleacher report that could be true, false, or just a possiblity. It would be a decent trade though. Detroit could use a tough runner like Brown and the Fins could use a big #1 WR. For the people that think we are robbing them Det cannot run the ball effectively and they could sign him to a big deal and not have to worry about their RB situation for a long time. RB's are more valuable than WR in this league. I like the deal for both sides with us drafting CJ Spiller first and we will have the nucleus of our O for 3 yrs. Then in the 2nd we go LB'er, and pick up a couple DT's late like BParc has been able to do over his career.

BostonPhin4
02-28-2010, 10:20 AM
Miamiron..... I said in my first post that I couldn't find confirmation I just thought I'd post it on here and atleast let people discuss it. My bad I'll only post things that have triple confirmation from now on because lord knows I'm the only person that has eve posted speculation on these boards. I saw a story so I made a topic since there were none existing on the matter my bad.

AllFinsAllDay
02-28-2010, 10:22 AM
If u mean back up I assume you are talking about ricky williams. Williams if you remember started breakdown toward the end of the season. Even going over 1000 yards does not excluded the fumbles he started having. Unless we are going to CJ Spiller at 12 (which we won't) Brown is going nowhere.

Morey161
02-28-2010, 10:25 AM
This is not going to happen for just Ronnie Brown.

dlockz
02-28-2010, 10:26 AM
If u mean back up I assume you are talking about ricky williams. Williams if you remember started breakdown toward the end of the season. Even going over 1000 yards does not excluded the fumbles he started having. Unless we are going to CJ Spiller at 12 (which we won't) Brown is going nowhere.

Except maybe IR again. I agree he wont be traded because he really doesnt have much value right now. I mean who trades for a back coming off of injury thats been in the league five years. I still dont think brown is any better than Williams because Williams unlike Brown can handle the load even at his advanced age.

truedolfan57
02-28-2010, 10:27 AM
First off, this is a bleacher report that could be true, false, or just a possiblity. It would be a decent trade though. Detroit could use a tough runner like Brown and the Fins could use a big #1 WR. For the people that think we are robbing them Det cannot run the ball effectively and they could sign him to a big deal and not have to worry about their RB situation for a long time. RB's are more valuable than WR in this league. I like the deal for both sides with us drafting CJ Spiller first and we will have the nucleus of our O for 3 yrs. Then in the 2nd we go LB'er, and pick up a couple DT's late like BParc has been able to do over his career.
There's is so much wrong with this post, i have no clue where to start.

Bold 1:
Kevin Smith?

Bold 2:
Not because they don't have a RB, because their oline sucks.

Bold 3:
You do realize Ronnie has only played one full season, right? So what's a long time? And RB are more valuable than WR's? Is this a joke? Finding a number 1 WR is MUCH harder to find than a starting RB in the nfl. where have you been?

ATL-DOLFAN
02-28-2010, 10:30 AM
Has anyone looked at the Detroit newspaper or forum for any other info?

dlockz
02-28-2010, 10:33 AM
Has anyone looked at the Detroit newspaper or forum for any other info?

Hey I choose to believe a fantasy that we could get Calvin johnson for Ronnie Brown. I also believe in santa and the easter bunny.

MrEd
02-28-2010, 10:36 AM
I was just checkig Twitter on my iPhone and the Miami dolphins buzz account reports Ronnie brown for Calvin Johnson????? Can't find confirmation thoughts?

False information because the trading deadline ended on October 14th 2009. Trades can't be done again until the 2010 season officially begin which is March 5th. But I'd do it with our #12 pick and select Spiller, sure, why not. But doubt it will be done though.

ATL-DOLFAN
02-28-2010, 10:37 AM
Yeah me too, but I am not a GM and I have no idea what they are thinking and who else could be involved and neither do you.
Anyways, this is probably BS b/c there is nothing on either Detroit newspaper and on some of there forums. If it were true, I am sure someone would have written a story and ESPN will be all over it. I can't believe someone would just make up BS and put it out there.

gavin1112
02-28-2010, 11:04 AM
This would be a stupid trade for the Lions... They Got Stafford so he could team up with Calvin Johnson. While I would like it, it's impossible and complety a farce..

MarSly
02-28-2010, 11:24 AM
If Miami picks up that guy released by the Jets this would look even better..Ricky and someone else carying the load..

Miamifin23
02-28-2010, 11:26 AM
trade down and take ryan mathews.... best pure running back in this draft. Spiller will be very good but theres something telling me that ryan mathews is going to be a star.

dolpns13
02-28-2010, 11:31 AM
trade down and take ryan mathews.... best pure running back in this draft. Spiller will be very good but theres something telling me that ryan mathews is going to be a star.

If we still want a power running game, he's a better fit than Spiller

Ricky4Life
02-28-2010, 11:40 AM
Give me Spiller or Gerhart.

Troysif
02-28-2010, 11:53 AM
Is it april First already?

The Goat
02-28-2010, 11:57 AM
If this is true, it's worth choking on my coffee like I just did. If not, then no. I suspect...no.

RyanWallace321
02-28-2010, 12:09 PM
id rather keep the head of our offense. we trade our running back for a WR then we really get no better b.c the run sets up the pass. you cant trust a rookie to come in and be able to do what brown does now. if u remember it took brown a while to get his wheels turning

SabanHater
02-28-2010, 12:19 PM
id rather keep the head of our offense. we trade our running back for a WR then we really get no better b.c the run sets up the pass. you cant trust a rookie to come in and be able to do what brown does now. if u remember it took brown a while to get his wheels turning

it's still taking a while.:ponder:

AlexISaFaN
02-28-2010, 12:21 PM
I doubt they would do that to Matthew "Pride of Detroit " Stafford.

truckstick23
02-28-2010, 12:22 PM
You people are IDIOTS, a good Running Back is more important than a good wide receiver. I know Calvin Johnson is good but Ronnie can control a game, on a more consistent basis. Wide receivers get shut down a lot easier than running backs. We can upgrade at receiver without giving up a quality player like Ronnie.

DolfanISS
02-28-2010, 12:22 PM
I find that in most cases Florio and the boys over at profootballtalk.com usually get the real rumors and they have nothing about this one. Kind of like when we traded for Dwayne Bowe prior to the deadline.

normaniii
02-28-2010, 12:31 PM
You people are IDIOTS, a good Running Back is more important than a good wide receiver. I know Calvin Johnson is good but Ronnie can control a game, on a more consistent basis. Wide receivers get shut down a lot easier than running backs. We can upgrade at receiver without giving up a quality player like Ronnie.

I feel quite content, that with the opinions you have.....that you call the rest of us idiots!

SQuinn17
02-28-2010, 12:34 PM
false rumor. some moron on that site said that the heat traded u-don and beasley for caron butler and antwan jamison.

TheJetsBlow
02-28-2010, 12:38 PM
I hate it when people post stupid **** that isn't true. This thread should be locked.

DzakkH13
02-28-2010, 12:42 PM
Can the mods move this to SPAM since there is no credible source?

dolpns13
02-28-2010, 12:48 PM
Can the mods move this to SPAM since there is no credible source?

completely agree!

RockyMtnPhinfan
02-28-2010, 12:58 PM

You are calling us idiots but you are the one with Daunte ****pepper on your profile picture. Nice work buddy.:bobdole:

truedolfan57
02-28-2010, 01:04 PM
I hate it when people post stupid **** that isn't true. This thread should be locked.
all of finheaven would be locked if that happened.:chuckle:

TPD1479
02-28-2010, 01:20 PM
have to say one thing, true or not, this isn't the first time in the last couple of weeks I've heard we are talking trade with Detroit. As a matter of fact look at the thread board there is at least one other on this subject..... sometimes where there is smoke there is fire.... And as unlikely as it is I would do it in a sec. Calvin Johnson is a top 5 reciever in the league. We could def. fill Ronnies shoes.

Nublar7
02-28-2010, 01:27 PM
Bleacher Report is not a news outlet, anybody can write on it. So unless a real news outlet has something on this(which I doubt they ever will), I am locking this thread.