PDA

View Full Version : 4 round draft board

normaniii
03-01-2010, 11:02 PM
I believe this year is all about defense. With all the talk about WR, I still believe with the improved play of Hartline and Bess, together with Camarillo and hopefully improved play for Ginn??? I think this would be best addressed in the 2011 draft, especially when you consider how deep at WR it will be.

IMO our biggest holes are at, in this order, ILB, FS, OLB and NT. IMO the draft is deep at OLB, but not so at safety and ILB. I would love to sign Dansby but not sure FO would give big money for a former OLB. I mention NT, not because I feel there is a need for a starter this year, but due to the depth in this years draft and the future need, I believe this is the year to get him.

My board obviously takes into a/c who was drafted beforehand

My draft board in the order named:-

1st round:- Berry, McClain,Trade Down, Graham, JPP, Kindle
2nd round - Spikes (if Berry drafted),Weatherspoon, Mays, Weatherspoon, Sapp, Hughes,Dan Williams Cody, .
3rd round - Norwood, Weatherspoon, Chad Jones, Nate Allen, D. Washington, Alualu, Houston/Cam Thomas, Sharpton
4th - Alualu, Houston/Cam Thomas,Vince Oghobaase,Mosi, Sharpton, Angerer.

My ideal draft by choice would be:-

1/ Berry, Spikes, Norwood, Alualu
2/McClain, Mays, Norwood, Alualu
3/Graham, Weatherspoon, Chad Jones, Alualu.

Ill be honest I dont think Alualu will be avail in 4th, but I would take best poss. NT in draft at this point.

What you think?

52CANES
03-01-2010, 11:21 PM
I believe this year is all about defense. With all the talk about WR, I still believe with the improved play of Hartline and Bess, together with Camarillo and hopefully improved play for Ginn??? I think this would be best addressed in the 2011 draft, especially when you consider how deep at WR it will be.

IMO our biggest holes are at, in this order, ILB, FS, OLB and NT. IMO the draft is deep at OLB, but not so at safety and ILB. I would love to sign Dansby but not sure FO would give big money for a former OLB. I mention NT, not because I feel there is a need for a starter this year, but due to the depth in this years draft and the future need, I believe this is the year to get him.

My board obviously takes into a/c who was drafted beforehand

My draft board in the order named:-

1st round:- Berry, McClain,Trade Down, Graham, JPP, Kindle
2nd round - Spikes (if Berry drafted),Weatherspoon, Mays, Weatherspoon, Sapp, Hughes,Dan Williams Cody, .
3rd round - Norwood, Weatherspoon, Chad Jones, Nate Allen, D. Washington, Alualu, Houston/Cam Thomas, Sharpton
4th - Alualu, Houston/Cam Thomas,Vince Oghobaase,Mosi, Sharpton, Angerer.

My ideal draft by choice would be:-

1/ Berry, Spikes, Norwood, Alualu
2/McClain, Mays, Norwood, Alualu
3/Graham, Weatherspoon, Chad Jones, Alualu.

Ill be honest I dont think Alualu will be avail in 4th, but I would take best poss. NT in draft at this point.

What you think?

I'm thinking similar to you, I just ended up with a different pick from the reasoning.

I think OLB and ILB is deeper than Safety so I went Earl Thomas 1st.

I think Cam Thomas won't last past the 2nd round, Weatherspoon, Cody, Dan Williams will be gone in 1st probably.

So out of your favorites I think you have the best possibility to go:McClain, Mays, Norwood, Alualu. I think McClain and Mays are overrated a bit personally... and is Alualu projected to be a NT? He's 6'2 290lbs...

*Edited my reply to your ideal drafts 1/2/3 i misunderstood the list.

normaniii
03-01-2010, 11:28 PM
I agree i missed Earl Thomas, I would have him as the 2nd option to Berry in the 1st,

52CANES
03-01-2010, 11:35 PM
I also think we need to get a TE... my first mocks had no TE, and no WR unless I went with Dez Bryant....I did my best to rework it to get one of the 2 TE's i like (Graham or Pitta)... i think Graham if we go TE in the 3rd and Pitta if in the 4th.

The only way I can figure out how to get Jimmy Graham is to draft him in the 3rd. That makes it difficult to get any of the top NT's (Williams, Cody, Thomas, Troup). After that your last chance is Jay Ross in the 4th.

I think we can make it 1 more year if we get a pass catching TE and our WR's each improve at least a little, but I still would draft somebody with size and speed and potential in 6th or 7th round and hope to get lucky.

ticophin
03-01-2010, 11:43 PM
Very good looking proposition....and Remember, between Sperry, Nalbone, and Haynos, we might have somebody there...It might not be as urgent as improving our defense is, unless the RIGHT guy falls into our laps!

normaniii
03-01-2010, 11:49 PM
I do agree, I would draft, TE, WR, CB and RB with last couple of picks

normaniii
03-02-2010, 12:17 AM
after watching NFL netword and seeing Houston workout and being compared to D.Dockett, I think he will go in 3rd poss late 2nd.

normaniii
03-02-2010, 12:18 AM
network!!!!!!!!!

skipp2myloo13
03-02-2010, 08:06 AM
Mays-yah thatll work lol

BARF
03-02-2010, 08:59 AM
if jimmy graham is there in the 4th i will take him

52CANES
03-02-2010, 10:56 AM
if jimmy graham is there in the 4th i will take him

I don't see how he gets to the 4th though.

normaniii
03-02-2010, 07:45 PM
Mays-yah thatll work lol

you still sure with 2nd

skipp2myloo13
03-02-2010, 08:02 PM
i can tell you have never seen him play. Because if you did you would see he is Roy Williams without technique. He couldnt cover an wheelchair trying to climb a hill.

normaniii
03-02-2010, 08:30 PM
i can tell you have never seen him play. Because if you did you would see he is Roy Williams without technique. He couldnt cover an wheelchair trying to climb a hill.

I have seen him play, granted he had drop off this year, but I dont think he is another Roy Williams. One high profile game I agree he looked exposed but I dont think he is a Roy Williams.

Elton John and George Michael turned quicker than Roy williams

skipp2myloo13
03-02-2010, 08:57 PM
Mays cant tackle. No technique. He cant cover. CAnt read D. Can run fast and hit unsuspecting WR's really hard. Who does that remind you of?

normaniii
03-02-2010, 10:01 PM
Mays cant tackle. No technique. He cant cover. CAnt read D. Can run fast and hit unsuspecting WR's really hard. Who does that remind you of?

Not Roy Williams. Cody moonwalking would give Williams fits down the seam

skipp2myloo13
03-02-2010, 10:44 PM
Agree to Disagree. But i can guarantee that Mays wont be drafted by the Phins.