PDA

View Full Version : If no Dez... then Decker or Mitchell..

Oraclepz
03-02-2010, 01:01 AM
If we dont get Dez Bryant ... then we need to Draft Decker or Carlton Mitchell... Both good prospects.. Thats my Prediction we will take one of these two....

SQuinn17
03-02-2010, 01:06 AM
If Mitchell can catch the ball on a consistent basis, he'll be a stud in the NFL. I used to run into him at the bowling alley on thursday nights....nice guy. 6'2 214 and runs a legit 4.4.

phineffect
03-02-2010, 01:26 AM
Id say thats a pretty big drop off...

#1dolphinsfan
03-02-2010, 01:27 AM
Id say thats a pretty big drop off...
I agree i would rather Have D. Thomas from GT or Taylor Price from Ohio

flynryan15
03-02-2010, 01:31 AM
Mardy Gilyard
Mardy Gilyard
Mardy Gilyard

Did I mention I want Mardy Gilyard? Seriously this kid has spent his entire life proving those who doubted him wrong! Out of the slot, returning punts, and kicks he is the next Desaun Jackson!

#1dolphinsfan
03-02-2010, 01:34 AM
Mardy Gilyard
Mardy Gilyard
Mardy Gilyard

Did I mention I want Mardy Gilyard? Seriously this kid has spent his entire life proving those who doubted him wrong! Out of the slot, returning punts, and kicks he is the next Desaun Jackson!
i like Mardy Gilyard. I think he will fall into the third round and if he is there when we pick we should jump all over that pick. I have seen some comparsons that have him compared to Chad Johnson and i can see that in a lot of ways

flynryan15
03-02-2010, 01:48 AM
i like Mardy Gilyard. I think he will fall into the third round and if he is there when we pick we should jump all over that pick. I have seen some comparsons that have him compared to Chad Johnson and i can see that in a lot of ways

Agree! I saw most of his games and this kid just hits the hole on a return with the acceleration and reckless abandon that Jackson does. If he is there in the 3rd and we pass I will freak!

#1dolphinsfan
03-02-2010, 02:43 AM
Agree! I saw most of his games and this kid just hits the hole on a return with the acceleration and reckless abandon that Jackson does. If he is there in the 3rd and we pass I will freak!
i wouldnt freak depending on who we got in the first two rounds if we got Dez Bryant in the first which i really hope we do or D. Thomas in the second which would be a very good pick also IMO. then i wouldnt mind us passing on gilyard but if we go D the first two picks and still pass then i will be freaking out also

justdev7
03-02-2010, 02:45 AM
NO Decker for the love of god. He's another #2 or #4 guy. We have those. Enough said

#1dolphinsfan
03-02-2010, 02:49 AM
NO Decker for the love of god. He's another #2 or #4 guy. We have those. Enough said
i agree

Oraclepz
03-02-2010, 06:26 PM
If Mitchell can catch the ball on a consistent basis, he'll be a stud in the NFL. I used to run into him at the bowling alley on thursday nights....nice guy. 6'2 214 and runs a legit 4.4.

Which one? Bowling alley that is...

flynryan15
03-02-2010, 06:39 PM
i wouldnt freak depending on who we got in the first two rounds if we got Dez Bryant in the first which i really hope we do or D. Thomas in the second which would be a very good pick also IMO. then i wouldnt mind us passing on gilyard but if we go D the first two picks and still pass then i will be freaking out also

I know you like Dez and taking his red flags out of the equation I just don't see the Trifecta drafting him. It just isn't their style to go receiver that high and it seems when they have it bit them in the butt I.E Teresa Glenn and Ingram.

#1dolphinsfan
03-02-2010, 06:59 PM
I know you like Dez and taking his red flags out of the equation I just don't see the Trifecta drafting him. It just isn't their style to go receiver that high and it seems when they have it bit them in the butt I.E Teresa Glenn and Ingram.
It may not be there style but no one ever thought that they would draft a CB last year and look what happen 2 corners with our first 3 picks

flynryan15
03-02-2010, 07:09 PM
CB didn't shock me I want Nicks bad, but when they announced Vontae I wasn't shocked.

finfan54
03-03-2010, 07:47 PM

It is apparent to me that we are looking for second rounders with Fasano's deal.

i fully expect us to get a WR that can do something. I have been a big Gilyard fan, but I find Golden Tate a bit better due to seperation to get deep.

Gilyard is sneaky smooth. He just produces and then gets hot....and yes....scores!

finfan54
03-03-2010, 07:50 PM

I reserve judgement until we take a serious look at him workout-wise.

I think one of two things for this:

1. We actually will take him because he has had his charachter checked at the door.

2. We pretend to like him so when he does fall, someone comes a callin with a nice drop-down pick and another 2nd or 3rd rounder for us and we just take the LB/DT/Safety we like best.

TheBow305
03-03-2010, 11:59 PM
By Round, these are the receivers I would draft for the Phins (Guys that I feel could be #1 guys for us at some point):

1. Dez Bryant, Arrelious Benn
2. Demaryius Thomas, Damian Williams
3. Mike Williams, Carlton Mitchell
4. Danario Alexander, Taylor Price
5. Dezmon Briscoe, Marcus Easley

hooshoops
03-04-2010, 12:02 AM
danario alexander and dezmon briscoe are garbage...we've already got a garbage wr in that mold on the roster in patrick turner...

mike williams is major buyer beware...evidently didn't help himself in his interviews either at the combine...

i do like taylor price round 3 value for me...like him a lot

Oraclepz
03-04-2010, 01:14 PM
Eric Decker is a young Anquan Boldin.....

Clipse
03-04-2010, 01:22 PM
No thanks.

ckparrothead
03-04-2010, 02:06 PM
danario alexander and dezmon briscoe are garbage...we've already got a garbage wr in that mold on the roster in patrick turner...

mike williams is major buyer beware...evidently didn't help himself in his interviews either at the combine...

i do like taylor price round 3 value for me...like him a lot

So do the Dolphins.

Oraclepz
03-04-2010, 02:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtTh_FNIkP8&NR=1

THis man Catches everything... I dont think we need a number 1 Wr. If we can get alot of good #2s and we have a burner ... we will be alright.. i want to concentrate on the Defense..

finfan54
03-07-2010, 09:56 PM
I am starting to warm up to Decker. Probably fall to early 3rd round.

I think we will get a TE before WR but thats just my stupid *** instincts talkin.

hooshoops
03-07-2010, 10:24 PM
So do the Dolphins.

do tell

hooshoops
03-07-2010, 10:54 PM
decker is a guy who on tape i question if he can get separation at the next level...i think he's a solid possession and maybe red zone receiver at the next level but not what we need from a true playmaker standpoint

no real burst or acceleration there either...