PDA

View Full Version : Joe Rose: Hey Dolphins, stay away from Dez Bryant?

BAMAPHIN 22
03-02-2010, 02:33 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

I think the Miami Dolphins should take Oklahoma State wide receiver Dez Bryant if he's available at No. 12. No doubt he's the best receiver in the draft. So what if he comes with a little baggage?

At 6-2 and 225 pounds, he could be the next Andre Johnson with his size, speed and athleticism. Anyway, the Dolphins desperately need a playmaker at the position who could start immediately.
But NFL writer Jason Cole from YahooSports.com said on the show Monday that he would stand clear of the man who endured a season-ending suspension.

"I know somebody who has a lot of experience with this kid," Cole said. "He said, 'The only way I would take this guy is if I hired somebody to go wake him up in the morning to get him to practice, wake him up to get him to meetings, and wake him up on Sundays to get him to games.' "

Cole said the guy is just bad news.

"He is not a motivated kid," he said. "He doesn't understand the discipline or work that goes into being an NFL player. Now he may get it someday, and somebody may get it out of him. But when you have the 12th pick in the draft, you can't take a lot of risk. If you were talking about taking him in the second or third round, OK, you try to work with him. To take him at No. 12 . . . that would scare me.

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/dolphins/joerose/2010/03/hey_dolphins_stay_away_from_de.html

HurriPhin
03-02-2010, 02:36 PM
Defense!

WISfinfan13
03-02-2010, 02:41 PM
Same was said about Randy Moss. Too bad that didnt work out....OH WAIT!!!

ckparrothead
03-02-2010, 02:46 PM
Man I just can't see where this negativity comes from. The guy had maturity and work ethic issues as a freshman and sophomore. OK, I get that.

But do you realize how many of the seniors and juniors in this draft had the same issues as freshmen and sophomores? And I'm talking about guys that have sterling reputations now.

Always remember that Dez Bryant was not afforded a third year to try and turn peoples' opinions of him around. Everson Griffen needed that third year to do it. Even Brandon Graham, who rightly has a great reputation now, if he were to have entered the draft after his sophomore year, you would have had people come out of the woodwork talking about how he has a weight problem, he's not very focused, he doesn't work hard, etc.

miamiron
03-02-2010, 02:51 PM
Such a wasted talent. As an African American it saddens me that a a guy with such gifts will end up as just another crack-smoking thug in jail or an alcoholic before he is 28. Makes me sad, but obviously this is where he is headed. What a shame. I doubt Parcells invests in this piece of human fungus.

Thanks,
Atleast I Now KNOW HOW ONE PROGRESSES TO AN ALCOHOLIC, CRACK SMOKING, INMATE:pray:

3rdandinches
03-02-2010, 02:56 PM
Well Brandon Graham still looks soft and puffy to many people. He is a good motor guy, but has limited physical gifts and will eat himself out of the league.

Just what we need, another clown poster.

Anyone else think this talent_scout???

AllFinsAllDay
03-02-2010, 02:56 PM
Such a wasted talent. As an African American it saddens me that a a guy with such gifts will end up as just another crack-smoking thug in jail or an alcoholic before he is 28. Makes me sad, but obviously this is where he is headed. What a shame. I doubt Parcells invests in this piece of human fungus.

That is a little far fetched i have no idea where how you got to that conclusion. Just ridicoulous

GeauxFinns3705
03-02-2010, 02:57 PM
http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/dolphins/joerose/2010/03/hey_dolphins_stay_away_from_de.html

My thoughts exactly. No Bryant...not at 12.

flynryan15
03-02-2010, 02:58 PM
No doubt this kid has some Big Red Flags! My biggest question mark with him is his Junior Yr was suppose to be the yr he maturee through all this and proved his critics wrong. Well his immaturity bit him again with his Deion date and multiple lies to NCAA Investigators got him suspended. Lets not get lost here the only reason people are looking past Dez and his short comings is lack of special talent at WR in this draft!

GeauxFinns3705
03-02-2010, 03:01 PM
Man I just can't see where this negativity comes from. The guy had maturity and work ethic issues as a freshman and sophomore. OK, I get that.

But do you realize how many of the seniors and juniors in this draft had the same issues as freshmen and sophomores? And I'm talking about guys that have sterling reputations now.

Always remember that Dez Bryant was not afforded a third year to try and turn peoples' opinions of him around. Everson Griffen needed that third year to do it. Even Brandon Graham, who rightly has a great reputation now, if he were to have entered the draft after his sophomore year, you would have had people come out of the woodwork talking about how he has a weight problem, he's not very focused, he doesn't work hard, etc.

How was he "not afforded a third year"? He was afforded the third year...his character issues caused him to have it revoked.

As for E. Griffen and B. Graham, they may yet work out, but I would not have been wiling to use the 12th pick on the draft on them last year. The 12th pick should be a player that will get to camp, work hard, and compete. Not a guy that has to be baby-set.

3rdandinches
03-02-2010, 03:06 PM
I never said I was a talent scout, where do you read that? I am a HS junior who plays safety and follows the draft greatly. It is my dream to be a D1 prospect. I am making that happen.

So far I read a clown that posts ridiculous comments which reminds me of another poster called talent_scout. Funny how that is!

Good luck with that!

Nawledge
03-02-2010, 03:16 PM

so....why would he be smoking crack?

ArmyFin7
03-02-2010, 03:22 PM
Lemme tell ya something about crack kids......crack is goood....

flynryan15
03-02-2010, 03:25 PM
Oh the irony on this thread! The same people that defend Dez's immature actions are crushing a high school kid who drew some outlandish conclussions about Bryant.

3rdandinches
03-02-2010, 03:26 PM
Lemme tell ya something about crack kids......crack is goood....

Worked for M.Irvin, lol!

flynryan15
03-02-2010, 03:31 PM
Worked for M.Irvin, lol!

Don't forget the HOOKERS!!!

#1dolphinsfan
03-02-2010, 03:34 PM
How was he "not afforded a third year"? He was afforded the third year...his character issues caused him to have it revoked.

As for E. Griffen and B. Graham, they may yet work out, but I would not have been wiling to use the 12th pick on the draft on them last year. The 12th pick should be a player that will get to camp, work hard, and compete. Not a guy that has to be baby-set.
The only thing he did wrong was lie about meeting with Deion Sanders. i remember people saying stuff about Percy Harvin last year after he tested postive for marijuana Bryant will be fine in the NFL so many people have bad raps coming out of college and none of them are talked about unless they top talent.

HurriPhin
03-02-2010, 03:58 PM
Same was said about Randy Moss. Too bad that didnt work out....OH WAIT!!!

Bryant only dreams that he could run like Moss.

HurriPhin
03-02-2010, 04:01 PM
The only thing he did wrong was lie about meeting with Deion Sanders. i remember people saying stuff about Percy Harvin last year after he tested postive for marijuana Bryant will be fine in the NFL so many people have bad raps coming out of college and none of them are talked about unless they top talent.

Hmm, I wonder where those migraines came from???

3rdandinches
03-02-2010, 04:36 PM
Don't forget the HOOKERS!!!

Tiger hasn't, lol!

skipp2myloo13
03-02-2010, 05:47 PM
Prep star, that is pure ignorance! pure ignorance! I know ill prolly get in trouble for saying this but i must. Dez is a good kid. All he did was lie-if you had any where with all to do any research you would know this. WTF does being black have to do with Dez's situation??? You are just a arrogent, ignorant kid who knows nothing about this situation. You think your high school talent qualifies you to judge other people-one lie (2 lies if you count the one to get out of his lie) qualifies him as a future inmate, drug addict and human fungus. Get a clue and get over yourself!

Aqua and Orange
03-02-2010, 06:34 PM
Talents seems to trump character every time in the NFL. He won't escape the top 10.

tcdrover
03-07-2010, 06:44 PM
Even without all of the flags about his maturity and character, just based on who his agent is he will drop.

Just the fact that he picked Eugene to be his agent is problematic

AquaAdrenaline
03-10-2010, 02:20 AM
Well Parcells had special rules for Lawrence Taylor did he not?

At the same time, I see where Cole is coming from. Parcells has never drafted a WR in the first round and we all remember the whole T.O. fiasco when he was in Dallas. I wouldn't mind if Bryant was taken at #12 because the "top FA recievers" (Vincent Jackson, Brandon Marshall) also have character/work ethic issues. It would be a double standard if that was the sole reason they shyed away from him.

JamesBW43
03-10-2010, 03:06 AM
Smoke screen! :rimshot:

Elliott 1
03-10-2010, 05:36 AM
I see your points about his good points but you really lose a lot of us when you start talking about Dez's speed.

Do you really consider him any thing close to fast?