PDA

View Full Version : Parcells hasn't picked Gators, Canes

BAMAPHIN 22
03-02-2010, 02:38 PM
Maybe it means nothing. Probably it's just the luck of the draw. But it's interesting given his philosophy and the two schools' NFL presence that Bill Parcells hasn't drafted a player from the University of Florida or the University of Miami in his past 11 drafts (dating to when he took over running drafts at the Jets.)

What's the primary component those schools bring?
Speed.

Again, I'm not overstating this. But it fits with the manner Parcells builds teams of, "bigger and stronger," as is the Dolphins' mantra. And he's won big with it. But, as I've written before, it seems this NFL era demands playmakers on the outside and that demands speed in some form. We'll see if the Dolphins' philsophy bends with it now that GM Jeff Ireland has a big say in what's happening.

Alert reader Joe W. compiled the following list of the schools of Parcells' draft picks in that time:

4 draft picks - Tennessee, LSU
3 - USC
2 - Ohio State, Florida State, Georgia, Michigan, Illinois, Nebraska, North Carolina, Hampton, Wisconsin, Purdue, Brigham Young, Boston College, Virginia, Weber State, West Virgnia, Clemson.

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/columnists/hyde/blog/2010/03/parcells_hasnt_picked_gators_c.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+DaveHyde-blog+%28Dave+Hyde+%7C+Sun+Sentinel+blogs%29

2413fanphins
03-02-2010, 05:54 PM
lately he likes big ten boys.

has me thinking brandon graham.

#1dolphinsfan
03-02-2010, 06:09 PM
hopfully we will be picking from Missouri or oklahoma state

Roman529
03-02-2010, 06:12 PM
Damn, there goes Tebow.