PDA

View Full Version : Gator fans: Tell me about Dunlap....

uga3406
03-02-2010, 04:12 PM
I look at his size 6'6 and his numbers 10 sacks two years in a row. I wonder what do you think of his potential NFL career. Is he worth taking at 12? Can he play the OLB spot in a 3-4 here? Well I am curious; seems that rotoworld said he had a pretty good day and could go anywhere from number 12 to mid round level.

Namor
03-02-2010, 04:15 PM
He likes to drink...Roll Tide!!!

HurriPhin
03-02-2010, 04:18 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/03/asleep_0608-1.jpg
Kids: Don't drink and drive and sleep! :lol:

@ #12 - No way.

305finforlife
03-02-2010, 04:25 PM
Not worth the pick ... Ala Jarvis Moss and Derrick Harvey ... all hype ... Cunningham is the better of the two overall and can be moved to the OLB if need be. Also, would cost us only a third round pick

UF doesnt have a great history (especially recently) of good DT/DEs

Oraclepz
03-02-2010, 06:16 PM
overated and not a good character guy...

tical
03-02-2010, 06:58 PM
Not worth the pick ... Ala Jarvis Moss and Derrick Harvey ... all hype ... Cunningham is the better of the two overall and can be moved to the OLB if need be. Also, would cost us only a third round pick

UF doesnt have a great history (especially recently) of good DT/DEs

You stole my thunder, not a gator fan but watched most of there games and one player beside Hayden always seemed to be a menace on defense and that was #49, Cunningham! The guy always seem to make plays particularly when he was coming off the edge, #8 dunlap hardly created pressure, key turnovers or plays. The Best players on Floridas D-fens were Hayden, Cunningham and Spikes( which i do not like! stay far away from my fins)

baseballcb95
03-02-2010, 07:12 PM
Potential is through the roof, imo, he takes plays off, is lazy, and doesnt have the drive or love of the game to warrant a high pick. he is a 4-3 DE and if he puts it all together, he will be scary.

DKphin
03-02-2010, 07:14 PM
I look at his size 6'6 and his numbers 10 sacks two years in a row. I wonder what do you think of his potential NFL career. Is he worth taking at 12? Can he play the OLB spot in a 3-4 here? Well I am curious; seems that rotoworld said he had a pretty good day and could go anywhere from number 12 to mid round level.
Dunlap has the measurements and is off the charts physically. His freshman year it looked like he would maybe more dominant than Kearse, but it was not to be. While still being a good player, it did not seem as though he elevated after his Freshman campaign. Kinda one-dimensional pass rusher. He is OK against the run, he can hold his ground, but not much of a penetrator. In terms of value, I think that Jermaine Cunningham is a better choice. JMHO:d-day:

ChadHenne
03-02-2010, 08:33 PM
As a gators fan, I've gotta say stay away from him. Dunlap took off on way too many plays, was very sporadic in his career, and although McShay and crew have already said this, he really showed no heart or desire throughout his entire career. Somebody who is willing to risk going out and getting a DUI before probably the biggest or 2nd biggest game of his life isn't worth a pick anywhere in the first 2 rounds for me. He has a load of physical talent a athleticism, I just think he hasn't harnessed all the talent that he can be, which is a shame. I don't think he'll ever be what he possibly could be because of the attitude he has carried around with him.

RustyGator
03-03-2010, 08:07 AM
While I was extremely POed at him after his DUI, it looks as though that incident was an exception rather than a rule for him. He IS a good character guy from all accounts I've heard. He has come out and taken full responsibility of his actions (and apparently did very well in interviews). So character, as far as getting into trouble, doesn't scare me at all.

However, there are a lot of knocks on him and taking him at #12 is way too risky. While he has the upside of a top 10 pick, I think a team is going to get more of a late 1st to early 2nd type of value OUT of him. Perhaps playing in the big leagues will be a little more motivation...but there were games in which it seemed he just disappeared. I wouldn't touch him at 12.