PDA

View Full Version : Don't get carried away by Mays

DKphin
03-02-2010, 07:22 PM
The problem with this guy has never been his measurables. It has always been how they translate on the field. Some think they he just does not have the instincts. He is not real great in man coverage and gets to high in his back pedal that hinders him when he has to make the turn. He is not good in space. Too preoccupied with making the big hit.

flynryan15
03-02-2010, 07:40 PM
The problem with this guy has never been his measurables. It has always been how they translate on the field. Some think they he just does not have the instincts. He is not real great in man coverage and gets to high in his back pedal that hinders him when he has to make the turn. He is not good in space. Too preoccupied with making the big hit.

Mays is a physical freak! At 230+lbs I could see moving him to LB, this guy will be a force in the NFL,

jlfin
03-02-2010, 07:47 PM
Mays is a physical freak! At 230+lbs I could see moving him to LB, this guy will be a force in the NFL,

Straight line speed. He's a tweener.
Reminds me of Louis Oliver (cannot be trusted in space)
Not interested

2413fanphins
03-02-2010, 09:23 PM
they sure did show some clips of him flooring people.

at the same time they were showing him get smoked in coverage, specifically double moves and sharp comeback routes.

the jury is out.

outlawd2u
03-02-2010, 09:27 PM
It's tough with a guy like Mays. His shortcomings can be corrected over time and if they are then he's a top 2 or 3 S in the league, BUT if he never quite gets it then he ends up being basically nothing. Mays is basically a bigger Jason Allen, Allen has freakish athletic ability but he has never lived up to his potential(although I really do think Allen is a lot better than most people here think he is). Anyway Mays is completely boom or bust, it's a risk to take a guy like him especially high but it's a risk that could pay off BIG TIME.

VT Dolphan
03-02-2010, 09:35 PM

Why? So his inability to consistently tackle will be even more of a problem?

There's no denying the guy can lay some big hits, but he is not a good tackler overall.

bigchub22
03-02-2010, 10:59 PM
PASS, I was one of those who was on his bandwagon last year...after this year I fell off the bandwagon and was permantly injured and won't get back on he is overrated in my opinion

Elliott 1
03-02-2010, 11:48 PM
Why? So his inability to consistently tackle will be even more of a problem?

There's no denying the guy can lay some big hits, but he is not a good tackler overall.

Neither was Akin Ayodele.

I like the idea. The more I think about it. The more I like it. Especially in today's pass happy offenses.

I like the idea of having some tall fast LB's.

Let Mays play most of the snaps against the Pats and use Torbor more against the Jets.

flynryan15
03-03-2010, 01:07 AM
Neither was Akin Ayodele.

I like the idea. The more I think about it. The more I like it. Especially in today's pass happy offenses.

I like the idea of having some tall fast LB's.

Let Mays play most of the snaps against the Pats and use Torbor more against the Jets.

Everyone around here claims Todd Bowles is the best secondary coach in the NFL and all the experts say with the right coaching Mays will grow to be one of the games most dominant safeties. Seems like a match made in heaven, no? I know this much I like the thought of 230 lbs running a 4.3 patrolling and roaming free!

footsteps falco
03-03-2010, 01:09 AM
they say mays may be the next gholston

Oraclepz
03-04-2010, 04:00 PM
i wouldnt want to draft this guy in the 1st round which is where i think he will go... The first round is for the Best SAFE pick.. its for the cant miss prospect.

JAYROD305
03-04-2010, 04:44 PM
damn everyone is hating on mays i think hes gonna do pretty good in the nfl hes gonna get the right coaching this year and they are going to teach him how to play in the next level he should do fine this year and who ever gets him is going to be very happy with him but my 1st pick is still Eric Berry or Earl Thomas