PDA

View Full Version : Mock Draft Post combine - Pat Kirwin

The Furminister
03-02-2010, 08:40 PM
He has us picking Earl Thomas, who i wouldnt mind seeing him in a fins uniform. Some have him higher rated then Eric Barry, here's the link:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d816b3cfa&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

ChadHenne
03-02-2010, 08:42 PM
Golden Tate ahead of Dez Bryant???

I think this character issue crap is overblown, if Bryant is there at #12, we should take him. Give me some targets to grow as a QB!

The Furminister
03-02-2010, 08:45 PM
I really don't read to much into these mock draft, i just find them interesting so i can have some idea where the "experts" see us going. I don't recall one mock draft had us picking Vonte Davis.

skipp2myloo13
03-02-2010, 09:03 PM
This would be awesome. To pick from Dez or Thomas. Dez is my pick, but Thomas would also be beyond swell. Great break for Phins if this happened.

NRA
03-02-2010, 09:06 PM
EARL THOMAS would be a great pic at #12. he is a ball hawk safety that
can also play corner and cover the nickel. thats VALUE!!!

and notice this from pat kirwin.............

The Patriots need a pass rush, and they love smart outside linebacker candidates for their 3-4 defense. Belichick likes to jump into a 4-3 look occasionally, and Graham can do that as well. Graham had 29.5 sacks and 56 tackles for loss at Michigan.

LOOK AROUND the board in the dolphins talk AND the draft forum and see how
many times i have said this very thing about brandon graham. as pointed out
here, look at the versatilty you get, he can jump into the 4-3 when teams who
run a hybrid [like saban did, billichek does and NOLAN!!] at DE, then slide back
into his spot at olb. anyone see his open field drills at the combine? better turns
and twists than most of the safetys!!

and i also said that if he should happen to slide to new england, the pats wont
wait 2 seconds to run the card up with grahams name on it because BILLICHEK KNOWS THE VALUE OF THIS GUY and what he would mean to a 3-4 team. and
with the pics they have, i see them maybe trading up to get him if he falls
past miami and they feel some team is ready to grab him.

i doubt he gets to billchek. his 40, his bench [32x] his drills plus his career at
michigan and his mvp of the senior bowl have all eyes wide open now.

graham is my favorite player in this draft but if we go defense and they choose
earl thomas, i could live with that as he is a PLAYMAKER SUPREME and we need
those on both sides of the ball.

MCCLAIN will never go that high, expecially to buffalo who now have NO wr's and a offensive minded head coach in chan gailey. mcclain had SEVERAL questions about his
game and how it would translate to the nfl [those who are in the know anyways] and
he hurt himself BIG TIME at the combine. the few things he did do were UNSPECTACULAR and then punked out of the combine [oh, its called a hammy, oops!]
when he really needed to be there on that day.

i doubt billichek would take him when he falls to them.

earl thomas....brandon graham. HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!

Danny
03-02-2010, 09:06 PM
please, no safety in round one after what happen with Allen....either a LB or a WR and nothing else at 12

Ozzy rules!!

newlownorder
03-02-2010, 09:09 PM
Couldn't complain about Thomas at 12 but Dez all the way to the Ravens?

JT-forpresident
03-02-2010, 09:14 PM
i'm warming up to the idea of drafting earl thomas...

not only does he appear to be one fine FS prospect, he's a versatile player who'll be able to do multiple things for a defence, especially coverage wise (cause i don't know about him blitzing)

he also shut a lot of mouths today as he had a strong showing at the combine in every drill and the weight-in

hooshoops
03-02-2010, 11:26 PM
EARL THOMAS would be a great pic at #12. he is a ball hawk safety that
can also play corner and cover the nickel. thats VALUE!!!

and notice this from pat kirwin.............

LOOK AROUND the board in the dolphins talk AND the draft forum and see how
many times i have said this very thing about brandon graham. as pointed out
here, look at the versatilty you get, he can jump into the 4-3 when teams who
run a hybrid [like saban did, billichek does and NOLAN!!] at DE, then slide back
into his spot at olb. anyone see his open field drills at the combine? better turns
and twists than most of the safetys!!

and i also said that if he should happen to slide to new england, the pats wont
wait 2 seconds to run the card up with grahams name on it because BILLICHEK KNOWS THE VALUE OF THIS GUY and what he would mean to a 3-4 team. and
with the pics they have, i see them maybe trading up to get him if he falls
past miami and they feel some team is ready to grab him.

i doubt he gets to billchek. his 40, his bench [32x] his drills plus his career at
michigan and his mvp of the senior bowl have all eyes wide open now.

graham is my favorite player in this draft but if we go defense and they choose
earl thomas, i could live with that as he is a PLAYMAKER SUPREME and we need
those on both sides of the ball.

MCCLAIN will never go that high, expecially to buffalo who now have NO wr's and a offensive minded head coach in chan gailey. mcclain had SEVERAL questions about his
game and how it would translate to the nfl [those who are in the know anyways] and
he hurt himself BIG TIME at the combine. the few things he did do were UNSPECTACULAR and then punked out of the combine [oh, its called a hammy, oops!]
when he really needed to be there on that day.

i doubt billichek would take him when he falls to them.

earl thomas....brandon graham. HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!

ummmm... graham pulled up on his second 40 with a hammy and didn't even do lb drills...

normaniii
03-02-2010, 11:41 PM
I want Earl Thomas or even Weatherspoon, but would prefer to trade down and hope one of them avail at 20/23 and pick up another 2.

ChadHenne
03-02-2010, 11:45 PM
ummmm... graham pulled up on his second 40 with a hammy and didn't even do lb drills...

:lol:

Somebody got caught with a little white lie. Don't dish lies you don't expect them to come and bite you in the *** later.

Roman529
03-03-2010, 02:12 AM
I think we should trade down 2 to 5 spots and see if we can get an extra pick this way...maybe a 2nd or 3rd rounder...Thomas and Graham will probably be there a few picks later, and if not we take Spoon.

j-off-her-doll
03-03-2010, 02:32 AM
I don't see Hughes going to a 4-3 team like the Saints. Bit odd. But, then, G. Williams loves his pressure.

Gordykr
03-03-2010, 02:53 AM
If we do trade down into the 18-23 range do we still take Thomas/Graham/Spoon or does Dan Williams come into the reckoning. Its not a deep draft for good NT's but theres good safetys and LB's into the 3rd/4th round.

ryanENGLISH0
03-03-2010, 07:15 AM
please, no safety in round one after what happen with Allen....either a LB or a WR and nothing else at 12

Ozzy rules!!
please, no WR in round one after what happen with Ginn....either a LB or a S and nothing else at 12:up:

skipp2myloo13
03-03-2010, 07:59 AM
A first round receiver isnt Ginn. A first round safety isnt Allen. Do some research formulte an opinion. Stop this ignorance of grouping players together!

finfan54
03-07-2010, 09:27 PM
Golden Tate ahead of Dez Bryant???

I think this character issue crap is overblown, if Bryant is there at #12, we should take him. Give me some targets to grow as a QB!

This is what always sounds to me more like "give me a big name I can put a fancy pic on my board with so I can thump my chest to all my enemies" kind of statement.