PDA

View Full Version : Former UM Baller Rocks the Combine

MiamiDolfan85
03-03-2010, 02:07 AM
http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/sports/Former-UM-Baller-Jimmy-Graham-Slays-Draft-Combine-85815162.html

So how much did Graham help himself? Chad Reuter of NFLDraftScout.com says his 40 time vaulted him into the second round, and some went as far as to suggest if the Dolphins want Graham they need to take him with their 43rd pick.

j-off-her-doll
03-03-2010, 02:21 AM
Like his talent but a 2nd would be silly.

Clipse
03-03-2010, 04:04 AM
Not a surprise here. Been saying for awhile he was going to be excellent in the combine, and especially the interviews. And I agree we'd have to ake him in the 2nd. CHances are very slim he falls out of the 2nd. Graham is going to be a very special player at the next level.

CedarPhin
03-03-2010, 04:30 AM
Not a surprise here. Been saying for awhile he was going to be excellent in the combine, and especially the interviews. And I agree we'd have to ake him in the 2nd. CHances are very slim he falls out of the 2nd. Graham is going to be a very special player at the next level.

Agreed.

#1dolphinsfan
03-03-2010, 04:38 AM
I think there will be better Value in the second round at TE then Jimmy Graham, I think there is a chance that gresham will be there and if he is i would take him over Graham, i would also take Gronkowski over graham

Kdawg954
03-03-2010, 09:31 AM
Yea Graham in the 2nd is a no go for me. Even the third was questionable. 4th was a no brainer.

I rather go after Pitta or Gresham in round 2 over Graham. No question. Jimmy could end up the best TE in this draft, but that is a big gamble over more polished guys who have played TE from high school.

Valandui
03-03-2010, 09:47 AM
I wouldn't mind using a second on him. It only took Antonio Gates two seasons to become Antonio Gates, and that was after coming in as an undrafted free agent. Look how much better Graham got over the course of his only season playing football. If he keeps up that pace we would be set.

rrrrphin
03-03-2010, 11:19 AM
there is too much depth in this TE class to expend a very high pick that could be used for a more impactful upgrade

Kdawg954
03-03-2010, 11:22 AM
I wouldn't mind using a second on him. It only took Antonio Gates two seasons to become Antonio Gates, and that was after coming in as an undrafted free agent. Look how much better Graham got over the course of his only season playing football. If he keeps up that pace we would be set.

Exactly, Gates was a UDFA . . . so the risk was minimal, low risk - high reward.

Graham would be a high risk / high reward with a 2nd round pick being invested. If he is Gates, it would be well worth it, but we wont get any guarantees on that.

I just couldn't do it for a 2nd. I'm still iffy on a third . . . too many good players out there and we need help on defense.

If we do draft him in the 2nd, I wouldn't be upset . . . excited more than anything, because he BETTER be the real deal.

52CANES
03-03-2010, 11:29 AM
Get the best TE left in Round 4 or we'll be missing out on a more important position...

RustyGator
03-03-2010, 01:44 PM
3rd is a tough call. 4th is a no-brainer for me...but does he last that long? He looks really good and for a team that can afford for him to take 2 years to develop, theyre going to have a very good player.

Clipse
03-03-2010, 05:03 PM
3rd is a tough call. 4th is a no-brainer for me...but does he last that long? He looks really good and for a team that can afford for him to take 2 years to develop, theyre going to have a very good player.
He won't make it out of the 2nd unfortunately. Graham easily has more potential than any other TE in the draft. You rarely find players like Graham that are 6'7" - 6'8" and can flat out run. He didn't drop many balls either and ran good routes. Obviously he's raw, but sky's the limit for him. There's a reason you see a lot of these guys who played basketball transition extremely well to TE. Being a PF-C in the sport of basketball, especially a shot blocker like Graham, requires excellent footwork, concentration, hustle, and hops. Graham possesses all of that to go along with him being pretty smart and a hard worker. I have a few guys over him on my board at #43, but I'd sure take him over any WR/TE available in the 2nd with the exception of Demaryius Thomas (Benn won't fall to #43).

hooshoops
03-03-2010, 05:05 PM
4th round value for me still

Morey161
03-03-2010, 05:19 PM
4th round value for me still

Well you wouldn't get anyone then because you would think everyone is going to fall farther than they are. The guy is probably going to get taken in the 2nd round but will not fall out of the 3rd for sure.

HurriPhin
03-03-2010, 05:27 PM
I'd take him in the 3rd (hopefully) after we draft a couple LB's or LB/NT.
Gates went UDFA because no one knew at that time what kind of impact that type of player would have. Graham is now in the same mold and I think a lot less teams we'll hesitate to draft a prototype TE with his potential. Jimmy is going to be a special player.

hooshoops
03-03-2010, 05:31 PM
Well you wouldn't get anyone then because you would think everyone is going to fall farther than they are. The guy is probably going to get taken in the 2nd round but will not fall out of the 3rd for sure.

if you say so...

ChadHenne
03-03-2010, 07:58 PM

He can go wherever, but that doesn't change the fact that in hooshoops eyes he's a 4th round value (and I agree).

I've said it before, people who think Graham is going to come to the Dolphins and have an impact immediately are sorely mistaken. He's going to need 3 to 5 years just to be able to become a starter for an NFL team, let alone be a good one.

As a 4th round project I'd take a chance on him. He needs A LOT of seasoning and a great amount to learn in terms of blocking and hand eye coordination, but as a 2nd rounder their is going to be a lot of players available who are better than Graham, even at the TE position.

fakespike
03-03-2010, 08:22 PM
I'm no draft guru, but I never recall a draft with this many quality TE's. We should be able to find a starter in round 4 or 5

j-off-her-doll
03-03-2010, 09:23 PM
I'm no draft guru, but I never recall a draft with this many quality TE's. We should be able to find a starter in round 4 or 5

Exactly. Pitta is the only TE I'd consider in the 3rd.

hooshoops
03-03-2010, 10:45 PM
no question the te class is deep and impressive...i agree we could find a quality player in the 4th round or so...

Pope Shula XIV
03-03-2010, 10:59 PM
I see Graham as a boom or bust type and we have too many greater needs to spend a 2nd round pick on. If he happens to be there in the 4th round, I'd consider it. He's just way too raw to spend a 2nd round pick on for our team. Plus, those boom or bust type players always seem to bite us in the ***.