PDA

View Full Version : LeGarrette Blount

mandal24
03-03-2010, 04:00 AM
He's projected fall in the 3rd to 5th round..
Seriously, if he falls to the 5th round, how do you not take this guy.
He has the agility of Ronnie Brown in the body of Brandon Jacobs. Guy has skills.
Should one incident ruin his life? The guy punched someone. He didnt get a DUI, rape a girl, murder someone, etc. It happened in the heat of the moment. He was wrong but admitted to it and hopefully learned. He's a power back and fits perfectly with the Dolphins scheme.

#1dolphinsfan
03-03-2010, 04:30 AM
i like Blount so i wouldnt mind trading a player to pick up a 5th round draft pick to get him in that round i think he is going to be a good player

CedarPhin
03-03-2010, 04:31 AM
I wouldn't mind rolling the dice on him with a later pick.

justdev7
03-03-2010, 05:36 AM
I'm in Portland and I've been watching Blount for awhile now. He's got great agility for a guy his size but he's slow and paying him is only going to add to his discipline problems. Not worth the pick. This is a deep draft and there will be solid players still there in the 5th.

RustyGator
03-03-2010, 08:20 AM
I would take him in a heartbeat in the 5th. You're getting a ton of talent there at a crucial position with a really late pick. Sometimes when paychecks are coming in, it'll give you the motivation to play better...especially when you're a late pick and need to play for that 2nd contract.

Creeping Death
03-03-2010, 09:10 AM
hell yeah! id draft him in the 4th or 5th rd. big powerback. ricky prob. playin 1 more year. ronnie & blount would be a good combo,plus hilliard & cobbs wed be in good shape! :beer1:

flynryan15
03-03-2010, 09:53 AM
There is no doubt that Blount is a big punishing back, and I hate to tell the guy who called him slow. Well a 4.6 forty at that size is moving! BUT! If one guy on Boise State caused this guy to melt down. What do you think Bart Scott, Calvin Pace, Kerry Rhodes, and Sexy Rexy will get this guy to do? I have my doubts about someone who couldn't keep his cool after a non conference college loss, handling a loss to a hated rival in the NFL. Not to mention it isn't like he hit the kid and was like oh **** my bad! No he then pushed and hit his team members, got into it with the fans, and then was pushing on the police trying to get him off the field! This is a classic example of risk VS, reward. He could be Brandon Jacobs, or he could be Cecil Collins/ Lawrence Phillips!

state06
03-03-2010, 04:06 PM
There is no doubt that Blount is a big punishing back, and I hate to tell the guy who called him slow. Well a 4.6 forty at that size is moving! BUT! If one guy on Boise State caused this guy to melt down. What do you think Bart Scott, Calvin Pace, Kerry Rhodes, and Sexy Rexy will get this guy to do? I have my doubts about someone who couldn't keep his cool after a non conference college loss, handling a loss to a hated rival in the NFL. Not to mention it isn't like he hit the kid and was like oh **** my bad! No he then pushed and hit his team members, got into it with the fans, and then was pushing on the police trying to get him off the field! This is a classic example of risk VS, reward. He could be Brandon Jacobs, or he could be Cecil Collins/ Lawrence Phillips!

i would take that chance in the 5th round. If he says all the right things, why not take a chance! also, he had a kid a few months after the incident, also said he called Boise player and team and apologized the next day.

hooshoops
03-03-2010, 04:53 PM
i think he's your pretty much run of the mill downhill runner...no wiggle no suddenness or burst imo

6th round grade for me

state06
03-03-2010, 05:40 PM
id take him in the 5th. i would still like to get Tate, but we may be addressing other more pressing needs when he is expected to go. here is some of Blount both good/bad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il-18rW2muM