PDA

View Full Version : RIP Mitch Pierce

GoonBoss
03-03-2010, 09:36 PM
http://blog.nola.com/tpcrimearchive/murder_35_mitchell_pierce/index.html

Tuesday, March 6, 2007
An armed security guard responsible for keeping watch over a lot full of FEMA trailers was fatally shot early Monday morning in the Gentilly neighborhood, police said.
The man, a guard contracted by the Federal Emergency Management Agency, was shot in the face around 5 a.m. in his guard shack, in the 2900 block of Elysian Fields Avenue. Officers responding to the scene found him inside the shack with a single gunshot wound, police said.

I slept in what was a hollowed out Winn Dixie in Boutte, LA for a number of months, some of which were spent cattycorner to this man. He was a good man. Generous. A retired cop, and was just down contracting to help his daughter get a car to get her off to college on the right foot. A classic example of a man doing his best to help his family even though he and his wife didn't see eye to eye.

His love was his daughter. He was a good man, and he deserved better than to die being shot through his right eye in a dirty, scumy, worthless, no account, POS district of a city of the same quality.

I was a security officer...Same as him working for Corporate Security Solutions and contracting for FEMA. We worked 12 hours a day, 7 days a week providing armed security for FEMA Emergency group sites set up for largely, the same class of person that put a bullet in a man that is better than that whole cess pool of a city. I was working at the Bunny Friend EGS at the time he was at the Gideon's Church EGS. I was off the night he was shot....March 6 2007. I learned of his death 3 hours after it happened. 12 or so hours later, I volunteered to work that site with a friend of mine that volunteered to be the supervisor, like Mitch was. Two months later, Gideon's Church was mine as a supervisor.

Those ****ing animals that inhabit NOLA still enrage me to this day. I'll never forgive them.

Sorry, I was just trying to remember when I saw Fujita play for the Saints, and it struck me that the only landmark to remember it was when Mitch got shot. Then it stuck me this is the first time I've ever shed a tear over his death.

I figgure someone else should know. The guy died in a makeshift guard shack, and he was a decent man.

By the way, the only reason the motive was unknown, and why he got executed in a FEMA park with two other guys on duty is a mystery is because no press ever talked to us.

Bumpus
03-03-2010, 09:50 PM
That's ****ed up.

R.I.P. Mitch (I'm gonna drink a beer for 'ya)

GoonBoss
03-03-2010, 10:04 PM
That's ****ed up.

R.I.P. Mitch (I'm gonna drink a beer for 'ya)

It was a bad way to go. It wasn't his bullet.

It's a strange thing when you've never shed a tear about an event that happened years ago, and all of a sudden it's back.

At the time, I wanted payback.

CedarPhin
03-03-2010, 10:05 PM
R.I.P. It's always a bad deal when someone gets killed for senseless reasons.

X-Pacolypse
03-03-2010, 10:13 PM
Rest In Peace.

GoonBoss
03-03-2010, 10:32 PM
Thanks guys. Just venting.

Vaark
03-04-2010, 12:45 AM
RIP. It's no consolation, but Mitch's mark does live on in the hearts, tributes and remembrances of people who valued him as you so obviously do.

Ricky4Life
03-04-2010, 12:52 AM
Rip

PhinzN703
03-04-2010, 11:47 AM
It always saddens me when I hear stories of people getting hurt b/c of mindless acts. How someone can do something so wrong to another person I'll never understand.

GoonBoss
03-04-2010, 09:36 PM
It always saddens me when I hear stories of people getting hurt b/c of mindless acts. How someone can do something so wrong to another person I'll never understand.

It wasn't mindless. It was an act by a particular person that was a dealer in the EGS to save face/protect his territory. Mitch wasn't involved in it, but, the bad guy wasn't completely unjustified in his actions, IMO, because they were sort of forced on him.

Anyways, it was lots of bad juju.

ETA; It quickly got into a situation where "The guys in the tan pants" (As one of my local gaurds told me we were refered to) were known to respond in force, quickly and violently to any threat on our parks or our people.

There was a National Guard HUMMV that pulled up after the announcment went out that a threat was made on one of our EGS sites...There were about 10 of us with 15 more on the way standing at the gat of the park. Shotguns, ARs, or just handguns.

The guy pulls up and looks at us and goes...."Jesus..."

There is something about man when he's ready to kill and he's made peace with it.

PhinzN703
03-05-2010, 10:52 AM
It wasn't mindless. It was an act by a particular person that was a dealer in the EGS to save face/protect his territory. Mitch wasn't involved in it, but, the bad guy wasn't completely unjustified in his actions, IMO, because they were sort of forced on him.

Anyways, it was lots of bad juju.

ETA; It quickly got into a situation where "The guys in the tan pants" (As one of my local gaurds told me we were refered to) were known to respond in force, quickly and violently to any threat on our parks or our people.

There was a National Guard HUMMV that pulled up after the announcment went out that a threat was made on one of our EGS sites...There were about 10 of us with 15 more on the way standing at the gat of the park. Shotguns, ARs, or just handguns.

The guy pulls up and looks at us and goes...."Jesus..."

There is something about man when he's ready to kill and he's made peace with it.

Pardon my not knowing but what is EGS?

GoonBoss
03-08-2010, 08:17 AM
Pardon my not knowing but what is EGS?

Emergency Group Site. It's a fancy government term for "FEMA Trailer Park" where they housed residents of LA and MS after Katrina. There were slang terms used for a number of sites, but the proper terminoligy would be...."Gideon's Church Emergency Group Site" or BUnny Freind Emergency Group Site."