PDA

View Full Version : MY potential picks at #12

Fins917
03-03-2010, 11:51 PM
First of all, Berry will not drop to us after that combine. So with that said...

Dez- if we're not going to get boldin. we need this guy. and he's the only elite #1 type wr in this draft. we have every other kind of wr.

Griffen- absolute freak of nature. reminds me of a ware or merriman. was benched after starting at usc i believe. not a safe pick. but has very high ceiling.

Graham- opposite of griffen. will at least produce and never be talked about as a bust at #12 but doesn't have the dominant potential a guy like griffen could have.

McClain- would fit right in at mlb and do well. but do you take an inside backer this early?

Spiller- don't need him this year, but next year fins will need a back. however this year, he's a situational threat defenses will have to worry about. if dez is gone, spiller might be only option to get a big play threat on this offense.

Thomas- he's not berry, but he's good. and right now we're basically starting two in the box safeties. thomas/smith/davis is the best secondary in the league in a year or 2.

Pierre-Paul- another freak physically. if we want a freak with potential, i don't see a reason to take this guy over griffen though.

Sergio- less athletic (but still a great athlete), but more polished than griffen and pierre. high possibility he's the pick.

Dan Williams- most important position in the 3-4. little bit of a reach, but i wouldn't trust cody.

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-03-2010, 11:56 PM
Weatherspoon!!!!

hooshoops
03-03-2010, 11:59 PM
sergio isn't more polished than griffen...but yeah griffen does have a buyer beware element to him...

kindle has 2 significant off field incidents while at texas alone so i'd say he's buyer beware also at least with a pick that high...

well you've got 9 names listed for the potential #12 pick...i'd say the odds are good that you might hit on one of them...

Fins917
03-04-2010, 12:02 AM
Weatherspoon!!!!

i wouldn't hate that pick at all

hooshoops
03-04-2010, 12:04 AM
i would...spoon at #12??? yeah i loathe that...

i'd take any of the 9 names he's got listed over spoon...well maybe not jpp...too raw for my taste

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-04-2010, 12:05 AM
Are you serious!!!! He is a beast only thing he really needs to work on is his first step and he will be good...

hooshoops
03-04-2010, 12:09 AM
Are you serious!!!! He is a beast only thing he really needs to work on is his first step and he will be good...

i'm dead serious...i'm not taking a guy who's a better fit for a 4-3 to play in a 3-4 with a top 15 pick...spoon needs clean looks so he can run to the ball unimpeded...he's not a sift thru trash or take on blockers guy...

he's a good player he has some stiffness in his hips that i saw at the combine but that's being picky i just don't think he fits our d as well as he'd fit a 4-3 as the will lb...

first round grade??? absolutely...good player

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-04-2010, 12:12 AM
Well I was thinking if we get it I would like to trade down to packers spot then take him for ILB..

hooshoops
03-04-2010, 12:19 AM
hey people on here disagree with me on spoon...that's just the way i see it...and i definitely don't like when reviewing his tape those soft in conference rush offenses that were more side to side than downhill nfl running styles when trying to gauge him as a 3-4 ilb fit...

i think he can play 3-4 ilb i just think as i've constantly said you get more bang for your buck with him in a 4-3...let him run to the ball and use that impressive quick acceleration he shows on tape...

Morey161
03-04-2010, 12:37 AM
What about Derick Morgan from GT? That kid has a chance to be around there at pick 12. I think that would be a good pick as well. I could see the first 3 rounds going something like this.

1st Round - Derrick Morgan/McClain?Dan Williams
2nd Round - Demaryius Thomas/Benn/Cam Thomas
3rd Round - Jimmy Graham/

Something like that.

hooshoops
03-04-2010, 12:41 AM
What about Derick Morgan from GT? That kid has a chance to be around there at pick 12. I think that would be a good pick as well. I could see the first 3 rounds going something like this.

1st Round - Derrick Morgan/McClain?Dan Williams
2nd Round - Demaryius Thomas/Benn/Cam Thomas
3rd Round - Jimmy Graham/

Something like that.

i think morgan is in play with pick #12 along with some of these other guys already listed on this thread...the fact that we interviewed him at the combine and he ran a solid # in the 40 and all indications were he looked solid in lb drills at the combine keeps me thinking this way...

am i comfortable with him at olb??? i don't know about that...

TedSlimmJr
03-04-2010, 12:49 AM
If we ran a 4-3 defense I'd take Morgan out of that bunch in a flash.....I've always liked him that much...

Maybe he hasn't 100% sold me that he can play stand-up OLB....but he didn't prove to me that he couldn't either....unlike some other guys...

DearbornDolfan
03-04-2010, 12:53 AM
I think Dez falls to the Fins at #12, especially with that smokescreen rumor about him having horrible work ethic and responsibility issues. Seems like the perfect way to dissuade the Browns and Broncos from taking him. If Bryant is available at #12, he's the selection.

hooshoops
03-04-2010, 12:56 AM
I think Dez falls to the Fins at #12, especially with that smokescreen rumor about him having horrible work ethic and responsibility issues. Seems like the perfect way to dissuade the Browns and Broncos from taking him. If Bryant is available at #12, he's the selection.

i'm with ya there...this talk about dez during the combine has done nothing to change my mind...

unless we traded pick #74 for boldin...

Dogbone34
03-04-2010, 01:10 AM
1 eric berry (pipe dream)
2 sean weatherspoon (give him 2 years, he'll be a monster)
3 earl thomas
4 cj spiller
5 rolando mcclain

DearbornDolfan
03-04-2010, 02:15 AM
i'm with ya there...this talk about dez during the combine has done nothing to change my mind...

unless we traded pick #74 for boldin...

Even if we trade for Boldin, I'd still pull the trigger on Dez. There are some unanswered questions about how Boldin would do as the unquestioned focus of the defense and that makes me a tad nervous. Besides, Boldin might only be here for two years, maybe four on the outside, whereas Bryant could be here for ten years.

Personally speaking, this draft is so damned loaded with big and athletic pass catchers (WR and TE) that I almost wish the Fins would use that 3rd rounder on a guy like Dorin Dickerson.

Orlando Fan
03-04-2010, 08:51 AM
First of all, Berry will not drop to us after that combine. So with that said...

Dez- if we're not going to get boldin. we need this guy. and he's the only elite #1 type wr in this draft. we have every other kind of wr.
He could be there but I think Denver snags him at #11
Griffen- absolute freak of nature. reminds me of a ware or merriman. was benched after starting at usc i believe. not a safe pick. but has very high ceiling.
More of a 15-20 pick I think it's a bit too high for him
Graham- opposite of griffen. will at least produce and never be talked about as a bust at #12 but doesn't have the dominant potential a guy like griffen could have.
I like Graham at #12 , not as much of a reach as Griffen
McClain- would fit right in at mlb and do well. but do you take an inside backer this early?
I think we pass on McClain, he has the potential to drop out of the 1st round all together, Depends on how he does at Bama Pro day coming up if he stays in the 1st round or not.
Spiller- don't need him this year, but next year fins will need a back. however this year, he's a situational threat defenses will have to worry about. if dez is gone, spiller might be only option to get a big play threat on this offense.
Think he will be gone by #12 pick as well
Thomas- he's not berry, but he's good. and right now we're basically starting two in the box safeties. thomas/smith/davis is the best secondary in the league in a year or 2.
With what he showed at the combine, I see him as a good value at #12, it's possible Berry is there as well.
Pierre-Paul- another freak physically. if we want a freak with potential, i don't see a reason to take this guy over griffen though.
Gone by #12 pick
Sergio- less athletic (but still a great athlete), but more polished than griffen and pierre. high possibility he's the pick.
Late 1st round pick at best too much of a reach
Dan Williams- most important position in the 3-4. little bit of a reach, but i wouldn't trust cody.
possible #12 pick I think he's more of a 15-20 pick.

Overall I like Graham and Thomas, if Berry slides you run the card to the front at Warp speed!!!!:earlyriser:

fgrocker
03-04-2010, 10:35 AM
Griffen reminds me a bit too much of Vernon Gholston...

JAYROD305
03-04-2010, 10:48 AM

I agree with Thomas /davis/smith . we are going to be very beasty in the secondary but him and berry are almost identical i know alot of people are saying they are not even in the same class but i would have to dissagree cuz i was one of the guys sayin they are not in the same class until i saw some videos on the kid and when i saw him in the combine he has great feet and looks awesome i say Berry is a little better then Thomas but hes not way better, with either guy on my team i can see our secondary being very dominant for years to come and we would be set for years to come , This league is now pass first then run so we need some freaks in that secondary and with Thomas or Berry im happy if we do not get 1 of those guys we are going to regret it for alot of years to come cause their is not let me repeat their is not goin to be a better safety then thomas or berry to come out of the NCAA for a couple more years to come. So please god help us get 1 of them beasty safeties on our team , forget Dez hes a trouble maker forget ever1 else just get berry or thomas even though i like Dan williams alot i prefer taken my risk with berry or thomas and then gettin a top notch NT next year or in the 2nd round we just need to get LBS thru FA and in the later rounds for us to get an extrordinare safety to help us for years to come

hooshoops
03-04-2010, 12:00 PM
Griffen reminds me a bit too much of Vernon Gholston...

from a personality and work ethic standing i can maybe see that...from a fluidity of movement and ease of change of direction i cannot...

gholston is way more stiff than everson griffen...

j-off-her-doll
03-04-2010, 12:15 PM
E. Thomas will be as good for our D as E. Berry. If we draft Thomas, he'll be Defensive Rookie of the Year. He's a natural ball hawk, and Nolan's D's force TO's - assuming you have people who can capitalize. Smith and Davis can capitalize. But, we need a FS. Assuming we don't pick up a stud FS - if Atogwe is available, you make him the highest paid FS in football - E. Thomas is the most logical pick. He's also one of the top 5 to 8 players in the draft (by my eyes).