PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Midnight Mock (March 4)

j-off-her-doll
03-04-2010, 02:08 PM
1. (FS) E. Thomas
2. (OLB) J. Hughes/S. Kindle/R. Sapp
3. (OLB) R. Sapp/J. Worilds/K. Misi
4. (TE) D. Pitta
6. (ILB) M. Johnson
6. (ILB) Stevenson Sylvester
7. (NT) K. Weston
7. (NT) T. Ivey

Few points:

1. I don't love the idea of addressing NT so late, but I like Weston as a prospect, and the double-drafting should provide good competition for a reserve NT, or maybe one even competes with Paul S.

2. Also, don't love addressing ILB late. But, this is under the assumption that we get Dansby, and M. Johnson will add some depth and physical presence. Sylvester would be the counterpoint to Johnson. 4-3 OLB at Utah, I can see him being a good cover ILB and an ILB that can grow into a 3-down player.

3. If something happens with the R. Brown situation, it'd obviously change things, but I'd have an extra pick to address the RB position.

4. I don't like like that I didn't add any O-line depth. I'm very high on C/G J. Byers, but I have a 4th/5th RD grade on him. I like Pitta a lot in the 4th, and we don't have a 5th.

5. I don't think it's clear where the OLB's will be drafted. Hughes' stock seems to be rising - might not be there in the 2nd; Kindle's might be falling. He'd be a great value in the 2nd. I see Sapp there in the 2nd or 3rd. He's a great talent - would prefer him in the 3rd. I don't think that Sapp, Worilds, and Misi will be there in the 3rd, but I think one or two will be. I have the LB's listed in the order I want them.

6. I love E. Thomas. I was like an 8 y/o girl at a Jonas Bros. concert while watching him in the coverage drills. His feet and hips are unreal.

7. I'm hoping Pitta falls to the 4th. Might have to go after him in the 3rd and hope Misi or Worilds fall to the 4th. I think he's much better than any of the other TE's I've watched. I see him as somewhere between D. Clark and T. Heap - that kind of talent, though.

8. You'll notice the heavy emphasis on D. M. Nolan's a big reason for this. When you get one of the best minds in the game, you give him tools. There's no question as to who are better coordinator is - between Henning and Nolan - so I trust Nolan to utilize what you give him better than I do Henning. Give Nolan the proper tools, and I think you have a top 5 or 6 D.

. . .

This will obviously change in the coming weeks.

ticophin
03-04-2010, 02:58 PM
Looks great...If it goes like that, we would pick up a FA WR like A.Bryant, and next year, focus on bringing a RB, drafting a RB, an possibly T and G....Although at WR, next year, some studs will be available!

justdev7
03-04-2010, 03:08 PM
I don't think Micah Johnson will help us at ILB. He's way slower than I thought and he can't stay healthy. But I really like Worilds at OLB.

j-off-her-doll
03-04-2010, 06:47 PM
I don't think Micah Johnson will help us at ILB. He's way slower than I thought and he can't stay healthy. But I really like Worilds at OLB.

He's slow, but he's not as slow as his 4.99 - not to my eyes, anyway. And, he's a bruiser. As a situational run-stopping ILB, I think he'd be a great value in the 6th.

hooshoops
03-04-2010, 08:39 PM
i think you've got a better shot of getting misi in the 4th than you do getting pitta there...

although i could really see misi coming off in round 3 also...

sapp at #43 seems possible...hughes for me does not...would be nice though

emeraldfin
03-05-2010, 06:17 AM
Love the 1st two picks and its a pretty solid draft. Hughes in the 2nd would be fantastic value.