PDA

View Full Version : If Dansby signs who do we pick at 12?

justdev7
03-05-2010, 04:23 AM
If Dansby signs which it looks like he might who do we pick? It looks like Brandon Marshall will be out of Denver so the Broncos will probably draft Dez Bryant. If both those things happen I think our best option is to try and trade back but if we can't what do we do? Dan Williams, Earl Thomas?

13_dolfan_13
03-05-2010, 04:53 AM
wow... if dez was gone i might still like 2 see us draft mcclain and move crowder for a fourth. if we look 2 trade back i would probably like 2 trade out of the first completely grab a 2,3 and 5
i just dont think theres much talent worth taking in the late first if that makes sense

2A. Benn
2B. spikes
3A. pitta
3B. c. thomas
4B. aernas
4. long
5. r. johnson

MrClean
03-05-2010, 05:55 AM
Earl Thomas

emeraldfin
03-05-2010, 06:06 AM
If Dez is off the board, then either Dan Williams, Earl Thomas or if possible trade down.

But if the Front Office really like McClain, then I wouldn't be surprised if we drafted him at 12.

skipp2myloo13
03-05-2010, 07:47 AM
Earl Thomas should be the guy, Brandon Graham prolly will be the guy.

Orlando Fan
03-05-2010, 08:26 AM

Agree 100% either one will fill the bill at #12. If I had to choose I would go with Earl Thomas. Plenty of good LB's that will still be around in the 2nd round.

matt11390
03-05-2010, 10:11 AM
Possibly trade down or draft an OLB. Don't rule out a RB either. I think if Miami drafts an OLB to go along with Dansby, Crowder, and Wake then we would have a young and tough LB corp that could drastically!

pb1300
03-05-2010, 10:28 AM
Eric Berry, since he is going to fall to us at 12.

rrrrphin
03-05-2010, 10:38 AM
While I like Graham, Williams and Thomas.... I would not rule out Spiller

I think the draft is deep in defensive talent. The offensive difference makers are few.

FinaticalOne
03-05-2010, 11:02 AM
If we sign Karlos Dansby (fingers crossed), and the Broncos trade away Marshall, then we can kiss Dez Bryant good bye. If Berry falls to us at 12, he is the only guy I would considered drafting over Brandon Graham. Other than that, we should focus on LBs because that is the most DECIMATED position on our roster. It needs a SERIOUS infusion of youth and speed there; and since we run a 3-4, there are a few vacancies at the position that should be filled by quality players.

The 3-4 lives and dies on linebacker play.

We do need a NT as well, but after the combine, I was more impressed with Linval Joseph, we can get better value drafting him in the third.

rent this space
03-05-2010, 11:41 AM
I would be happy with Thomas, Graham or Williams

Dogbone34
03-05-2010, 12:08 PM
E Berry
S Weatherspoon
E Thomas

Ronnie23Brown
03-05-2010, 12:16 PM
E Berry
S Weatherspoon
E Thomas

^this

rev kev
03-05-2010, 12:41 PM

how did bg's arms grow by 2.5 inches at the combine...

MP-Omnis
03-06-2010, 09:11 AM
E Berry
S Weatherspoon
E Thomas

Or trade down for E. Griffin.

Cloudy
03-06-2010, 09:36 AM
If Eric Berry is on the table.. lets make it happen!

justdev7
03-07-2010, 06:53 AM
Well it's no longer hypothetical. And It really looks like Marshall will be gone. I hope he doesn't go to Seattle though because then Denver will have 2 picks before us and Dez Bryant would be gone for sure.

Buff
03-07-2010, 07:56 AM
With Dansby on board, that alters things a bit.

Berry, Bryant will be gone. Trade with 49ers 12/17, let them pick up Spillar.

We get their 17th, get Dan Willams or Brandon Graham, and pick up the 9rs 2nd rounder as well.

Then select either Cody or Jerry Hughes with our original 2nd (depends on who we pick with our 1st), then with the 49ers pick (49th spot) select a WR/TE or S. Asante, Gilyard, LaFell, Thomas, Gronkowski or Hernandez would be OK

finfan54
03-07-2010, 09:05 AM
Earl Thomas

sure

ticophin
03-07-2010, 10:29 AM
Id say, as of right now:
FS- Are htere any better than Clemmons in the later rounds? Is our chance at a starter, going to be reduced to a 1st rd. pick?
OLB - Plenty of options in the 2nd and 3rd rd., very deep
NT- Some options in the 2nd or 3rd, with Dan Willinms, Price from UCLA, or Cam Thomas as the only possible starters
WR- If Bryant is gone, which looks like it, no 1st rd WR

So, for me, reallistically, and as of today with no other FA signing than Dansby, it either Earl Thomas or CJ Spiller....

Yessir
03-07-2010, 10:34 AM
Brandon Graham, Sergio Kindle, or Dan Williams.

One of thes guys will be the pick at 12. Book it.

JCfinfan
03-07-2010, 11:16 AM
At 12, the only players I'd consider are Berry, Thomas, Morgan, Spiller and Williams.

I would prefer to trade down and get Graham to sure up the outside. We wold also pick up another 2nd rounder. There are going to be so many studs in the 2nd round this year. This draft is loaded. I know it takes another team to trade, but I have a feeling there is going to be a team that wants to move up to get spiller in our spot.

rev kev
03-07-2010, 11:32 AM
Well it's no longer hypothetical. And It really looks like Marshall will be gone. I hope he doesn't go to Seattle though because then Denver will have 2 picks before us and Dez Bryant would be gone for sure.

We aren't taking Bryant..., :rolleyes2: next years draft is loaded with WRS... even Spiller at #12 makes more sense

We have bigger needs at OLB, NT and Safety

skipp2myloo13
03-07-2010, 11:46 AM
The way i see it is from a value standpoint.
Needs-in no order
WR-True number 1 needed-only Dez really fits the bill at 12. Doubt he is there.
RB-Not a big need-when you pay that much for a line-dont spend high picks.
OLB-big need-lots of 3-4 run stopping backers out there, even more WOLBs. Wait.
NT-worth taking early if dominant. No one is really dominant. Williams isnt that much better than Cam Thomas IMO. Cody is a joke.
FS-Very few great ones. Worth taking early. 2 great ones in draft.

I truly think we need to get a FS in the first round unless we can somehow get OA from the Rams. Berry will be gone, IMHO, and Thomas looks like the guy to me.

X-Pacolypse
03-07-2010, 12:24 PM
Dan Williams.

Phinatic8u
03-07-2010, 12:30 PM
Bpa

dr.jake
03-07-2010, 12:35 PM
i'd still grab mcclain (assuming berry's gone). we passed on willis when we signed porter and next thing you know zach's gone and we need lbs and we're stuck with lady ginnger.
you can't have too many good linebackers in a 3-4 and mcclain is the best in this draft.

ChadHenne
03-07-2010, 01:17 PM
Yeah, with Dansby signing, Gibril released, Porter released, and Ferguson gone for half the season (and a free agent), that narrows it to (most likely) Thomas, Graham, Williams, Berry (if by some miracle he falls), and a very slim outside chance of Bryant.

I'm not thrilled, but it seems we're going to draft Dan Williams simply out of necessity.

Ikema
03-07-2010, 01:27 PM
Safety! Unless the top two are already (but I doubt) gone by then. Trade down if Barry and Thomas are gone.

j-off-her-doll
03-07-2010, 03:50 PM
The way i see it is from a value standpoint.
Needs-in no order
WR-True number 1 needed-only Dez really fits the bill at 12. Doubt he is there.
RB-Not a big need-when you pay that much for a line-dont spend high picks.
OLB-big need-lots of 3-4 run stopping backers out there, even more WOLBs. Wait.
NT-worth taking early if dominant. No one is really dominant. Williams isnt that much better than Cam Thomas IMO. Cody is a joke.
FS-Very few great ones. Worth taking early. 2 great ones in draft.

I truly think we need to get a FS in the first round unless we can somehow get OA from the Rams. Berry will be gone, IMHO, and Thomas looks like the guy to me.

Exactly right.

But, if we do sign a FS, then we go Spiller or OLB in RD 1 - probably OLB. That way, we get the best OLB on our board, get a NT in the 2nd and then another OLB in RD 3. Of course, if we like a NT in the later rounds, we might just load the **** up on OLB's in RD 1 and 2. You can't overemphasize the OLB's importance to the 3-4. No matter what happens, I see us picking up two OLB's in the first four rounds.

j-off-her-doll
03-07-2010, 03:51 PM
i'd still grab mcclain (assuming berry's gone). we passed on willis when we signed porter and next thing you know zach's gone and we need lbs and we're stuck with lady ginnger.
you can't have too many good linebackers in a 3-4 and mcclain is the best in this draft.

Nope.

There are at least 5 better OLB's.

JAYROD305
03-07-2010, 04:05 PM
EARL THOMAS OR ERIC BERRY , berry is my 1st pick if hes taking then thomas is the guy

SamIam
03-07-2010, 04:12 PM
Sergio Kindle... book it

Yessir
03-07-2010, 04:34 PM
Earl Thomas is too small for a Parcells safety. Not gonna happen.

j-off-her-doll
03-07-2010, 04:37 PM
Earl Thomas is too small for a Parcells safety. Not gonna happen.

How is 5'10 1/2 and 208 lbs too small?

hooshoops
03-07-2010, 04:41 PM
he's not too small...just seems like we've decided that fs is a need we will try and fill in free agency not the draft...i was impressed with the way earl thomas carried that weight at the combine...

i think we're gonna end up signing a wr maybe antonio bryant in free agency and even though i'd HATE to pass on dez bryant if he was still there i think the pick will be an olb...

provided we do actually add a wr in free agency...

j-off-her-doll
03-07-2010, 04:47 PM
he's not too small...just seems like we've decided that fs is a need we will try and fill in free agency not the draft...i was impressed with the way earl thomas carried that weight at the combine...

i think we're gonna end up signing a wr maybe antonio bryant in free agency and even though i'd HATE to pass on dez bryant if he was still there i think the pick will be an olb...

provided we do actually add a wr in free agency...

As much as I love Berry and Thomas, I think it's the wise move. If you can grab Atogwe for a decent salary or Bethea for a good deal less than our 12th, it's a better value move.

hooshoops
03-07-2010, 04:52 PM
As much as I love Berry and Thomas, I think it's the wise move. If you can grab Atogwe for a decent salary or Bethea for a good deal less than our 12th, it's a better value move.

my thought is kinda try and get ryan clark on a short term deal given his age and buy yourself some time to fill other needs in the draft...

the only concern you must have with anyone pretty much outside of palamalu and a couple others in pittsburgh is are they a product of the system but i think clark would be solid not special for the next 2 years at least...but is he enough of a ballhawk???

the bethea thing to me is too costly if it requires a pick compensation in the top 2 rounds...good player just not sure i want to give up the picks when i can maybe get something else to do the job for the short term and still have all my picks

j-off-her-doll
03-07-2010, 05:16 PM
my thought is kinda try and get ryan clark on a short term deal given his age and buy yourself some time to fill other needs in the draft...

the only concern you must have with anyone pretty much outside of palamalu and a couple others in pittsburgh is are they a product of the system but i think clark would be solid not special for the next 2 years at least...but is he enough of a ballhawk???

the bethea thing to me is too costly if it requires a pick compensation in the top 2 rounds...good player just not sure i want to give up the picks when i can maybe get something else to do the job for the short term and still have all my picks

Know what you mean. My first impression is that Clark isn't enough of a ball hawk, but we'll see.

We might be better off grabbing Rodgers from Cleveland and picking up Berry or Thomas with the 12th.

hooshoops
03-07-2010, 05:18 PM
rogers burns bridges wherever he goes...good player when he wants to be...

something to think about...absolutely

i think he's got a massive contract also that he renegotiated an extension on when he was traded from detroit to cleveland

hooshoops
03-07-2010, 08:40 PM

damn...bump