PDA

View Full Version : Joe Pawelek Surprises Scouts

Elliott 1
03-05-2010, 06:19 AM
http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=1125

The report is a down the page a little way in the 3:00 P:M update.

Pawelek was thought to be 6'1.5" but he measured in at 6'2.2"

It was also thought he would run around a 4.85 but he ran 4.72.

It will be very interesting to see where the boy genius ends up being taken.

He is a four time academic all-american.

Some say McClain was the smartest football player at the collegiate level last year but I beg to differ.

IQ and intangibles can make a big difference some times. Maybe Joe Pawelek really could become the Mike LB for the Dolphins going forward.

I'd guess he would go in the 4th or 5th round after running that 40 but who knows.

If he shows he has the strength and athleticism to play at the next level he could become great. That 31 inch vertical wasn't very impressive though, and it didn't say if he lifted.

I'd take a chance on him with a 4th. He has pretty much the same measureables and speed as Barrett Ruud, and we know who is smarter.

I'm no strength and conditioning trainer but it sure looks like he could do some serious bulking up. I would think the Dolphins could easily put about 15 more lbs. of muscle on him.

Pat-London
03-05-2010, 06:22 AM
There is book smart and football smart. Two very different things and book smart doesnt always translate to football smart.

j-off-her-doll
03-05-2010, 08:46 AM
Why wasn't he at the combine?

FinaticalOne
03-05-2010, 11:09 AM
There is book smart and football smart. Two very different things and book smart doesnt always translate to football smart.

If that were the case, Myron Rolle would be the #1 overall pick.