PDA

View Full Version : If we sign these FA's

matt11390
03-05-2010, 10:06 AM
Hypathetically, what if we sign Dansby and Rolle, then trade for Boldin. Do you think that paves the way for us drafting either a RB or an OLB with our first pick ... possibly even our second pick?

Mr_Freezetag
03-05-2010, 10:18 AM
IMO we won't get all three, but as the title says "IF".

I would like to see us bring in a NT and then move to other positions if we already addressed the issues with those 3 Cardinals above.

I'm all for getting a runningback but that will mean cutting one of our current 5 RB's on the roster. The future of our RB situation has me worried a bit. With Ricky (most likely) departing next year and Ronnie's future in question, we could have some serious holes to fill come 2011/12. So maybe taking a look at the talent of RB's in the draft will be a serious consideration in the early rounds.

The one thing that worries me is that we need to get a solid young NT. Can we find that in the draft, and at #12 is that our best option? I like Solilai but for me he is not the answer. We shall see

Bta72dolphins
03-05-2010, 10:24 AM
Absolutely not. If and BIG if we get those three our first pick of the draft will be a nose tackle and if not that a outside linebacker and we all know why. Even if for some reason we lose Brown (which i hope to god we don't) we will most likely not get a rb because the FO like the rb's they have in Ricky, Cobbs, and Lex.

As offensive line you believe after spending so much on it last year we would be set here but not exactly. We had many injuries and some had to play different rolls in which i thought they did ok and wasn't so great against the pass rush, but if FO fills a need they will look at late picks or FA for one.

j-off-her-doll
03-05-2010, 10:47 AM
If that happens, I see two of our top four picks being OLB's. If we were able to trade down and pick up an extra 2nd, I'd like to see us do some variation of OLB, OLB, NT, TE.

At TE, Pitta would be my want. There are a few studs at OLB - have them listed in my mock, and Williams, Cody, Thomas, or even Troup would all be options at NT.