PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Golden tate could slip to the 2nd rd?

Lefthanded24
03-07-2010, 06:28 AM
I know hes small, and id really like a big receiver but you gotta love his production. Heres an article just an idea.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/03/07/1516714/miami-dolphins-have-no-time-to.html

ColonelJ
03-07-2010, 06:38 AM
We have Golden Tate, and his name is Devone Bess. I think.

PhinPhan910
03-07-2010, 09:18 AM
We have Golden Tate, and his name is Devone Bess. I think.

I disagree. Golden Tate is Davone Bess with very good speed and explosion

emeraldfin
03-07-2010, 10:02 AM
I think so. With the Ravens having picked up Boldin they will probably look at another position to fill. I only see two WR's going in the 1st Bryant and Benn. Williams, Tate and LaFell will be there in the 2nd, but the Rams or Bucs could take one of them.

skipp2myloo13
03-07-2010, 11:19 AM
Davone Bess is nothing like Golden Tate. Dont even look at Tates measurables because if you have ever seen him play, you know he just gets the ball. He runs crisp routes and has some of the best hands I've seen in a long time for a college receiver.

JCfinfan
03-07-2010, 11:42 AM
Not sure what WR's will be there for us at #2 but I have a feeling there will be a couple there we werent expecting.

Someone help me out. There is the receiver from GT that hurt his foot. I cant remember his name. I was listening to Sirius NFL radio and one of the guys said he was talking to an NFL guy and said this receiver reminds him alot of Calvin Johnson. Now I haven't seen the guy play once. Anyone watch this guy on a regular basis who can help me out on this? If this is true, he may be there at 2 for us due to the injury.

skipp2myloo13
03-07-2010, 11:47 AM
Thomas and Benn may fall because the Ravens got Q and the Bengals may get TO so we will see. I still want D though.

Pat-London
03-07-2010, 01:39 PM
If there is a run on O Tackles and LB's then possibly, as has been mentioned, with the Ravens getting Boldin and Cinncinatti looking at TO, its quite possible he drops,

I would take him but not at 43, Id consider him mid 2nd if we got another one but Ive mentioned before, our passing game needs a down the field attacking TE either 2nd or 3rd round... we get that it moves Fasano back to a more comfortable, productive 2nd TE spot, having threats from the inside will automatically help our outside WR's be more productive, leave the 1st/high 2nd pick to a WR in the 2011 draft.

#1dolphinsfan
03-07-2010, 01:57 PM
I dont think we are going to be able to get a WR in the second that is worth picking we are going to see a run of WR in the second round just like we did last year. the best WR that will be there when we pick with be Damian Williams from USC

PJack
03-07-2010, 02:33 PM
Davone Bess is nothing like Golden Tate. Dont even look at Tates measurables because if you have ever seen him play, you know he just gets the ball. He runs crisp routes and has some of the best hands I've seen in a long time for a college receiver.

I agree with you here. Also think he one of the best after the catch. Solid build and not afraid of contact. Only thing small about him is his height. People call him small but he's got 30 pounds on Ginn. Wouldn't mind taking him in the 2nd if he falls. Unless we sign someone in FA, we better be taking a WR in the first 2 rounds or we will suck on O again next year and beyond. Henne desperately needs more weapons!

mmikel30
03-07-2010, 03:42 PM
golden tate will be gone before pic 43 id bet money on it . plus I think this front office is looking for the big wide reciever

j-off-her-doll
03-07-2010, 03:43 PM
Hey may, but I think the 2nd has to go OLB or NT.

Clipse
03-07-2010, 03:56 PM
Maybe, I don't want him anyways.

finfan54
03-07-2010, 09:34 PM

and seperation. Which I know for a fact is a key that this regime is looking for.

Golden Tate will probably go early because teams like his style of play. Wouldnt be surprised if Jets or Pats take him.

finfan54
03-07-2010, 09:40 PM
golden tate will be gone before pic 43 id bet money on it . plus I think this front office is looking for the big wide reciever

This is a misnomer IMO. I think after Pat Turner experiment, they get smart and just get a guy who gets seperation, catches the ball, and gets big chunks.

Golden Tate probably describes that best on any of the early guys.

hooshoops
03-07-2010, 10:27 PM
golden tate drops the ball as much if not more than most these other wrs...in fact he drops beautiful throws from clausen

i don't see him on the board at #43 but i also don't feel all that great that he's what we need either

finfan54
03-07-2010, 10:33 PM
golden tate drops the ball as much if not more than most these other wrs...in fact he drops beautiful throws from clausen

i don't see him on the board at #43 but i also don't feel all that great that he's what we need either

And I dont disagree with you there either. Thats why I have a weird thing with WR's. Dime a dozen they say...unless your a DIVA.

This thread gets me wondering about Arrelious Benn now. Since Baltimore got Boldin and gave up two picks, and pass-happy teams are full of WR's, do these two drop a little and Benn makes it to 43? It can happen IMO because i think many teams will look at alot of the so-called second tier guys in 3-4-5th rounds.

hooshoops
03-07-2010, 10:42 PM
benn at #43 is a robbery imo...i think he could go to cincy at #21...i really do

just like jerry hughes in the 2nd round is a robbery...etc

i did hear however that benns route running at the combine left a lot to be desired