PDA

View Full Version : Miami is clearly going after Dez...

CaSh
03-07-2010, 10:17 AM
How the hell can you pass up on Boldin for a 3rd and a 4th AND GET A 5TH IN RETURN!

They passed on everyone so far.

You can't pass on Boldin for a 3rd + 4th without having a backup option.

I just hope they do get Dez, because someone like Antonio Bryant isn't what this team needs.

IMO, with that move Baltimore may have just became the best team in the league...

I think they could be going after Berry as well, granted they don't get Sharper, Clark, or Atogwe. Even then, they might have to trade up which I don't think they want to do.

Anyone agree?

outlawd2u
03-07-2010, 10:22 AM
I think neither I or anyone else knows what this front office is planning on doing. If it was me though Dez Bryant would definitely be the target but I'm pretty sure we'd have to trade up to get him and I don't think these guys will do what it takes to do that so if I had to guess I'd say we end up with either Earl Thomas or one of those DE's/OLB's.

Cloudy
03-07-2010, 10:26 AM
I disagree! Off with your Dez!

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/03/red_queen-1.jpg

dolpns13
03-07-2010, 10:27 AM
How the hell can you pass up on Boldin for a 3rd and a 4th AND GET A 5TH IN RETURN!

I just hope they do get Dez, because someone like Antonio Bryant isn't what this team needs.

IMO, with that move Baltimore may have just became the best team in the league...

I think they could be going after Berry as well, granted they don't get Sharper, Clark, or Atogwe. Even then, they might have to trade up which I don't think they want to do.

Anyone agree?

How do you know we passed? How do you know the FO didnt put a claim in on Boldin and Baltimore offered more?

I do n't see why ANYONE is surprised by the moves this FO makes? Personally, I dont care that we did not get Boldin. Would you like us to give up draft picks and about 8 million/year in renegotiation for a player who will only give you about 12-14 games a year?

MiamiDolfan85
03-07-2010, 10:34 AM

Anyone agree?
ha....I really dont think Dez is on their radar...even after signing Karlos...Parcells MO never has been a WR or a safety in the first....I just cant see it.For me to believe it,they would have to actually do it.Til then,Miami is going after an SOLB,since we currently dont have on on roster.

Jason Taylor looks to not be returning as of the moment,Miami sees Wakes as a WOLB.Karlos will be taking over the spot Crowders been playing for the past 2 years.Crowders moving over to the position Adoyele used to play,and that leaves SOLB open.I think Miami could be targeting Brandon Graham.Hes the best SOLB prospect,and at the Senior Bowl,Tony Sparano got a front row view of "The Brandon Graham show"....

Bumpus
03-07-2010, 10:34 AM
IDK if it's all that clear.

Do we need a #1 WR? Yep.
Is he the guy? Maybe.

However, IMO, WR is nowhere near as important right now as filling gaping holes at FS, OLB, and another NT.

ArmyFin7
03-07-2010, 10:37 AM
I've had a man crush on dez for a while now....

that being siad Im kind of leaning toward finding a safety in FA and grabbing dan williams at #12....our D would be sick

Phinatic8u
03-07-2010, 10:37 AM
its either Brando Graham or Earl Thomas.
Benn, Lafell, D Thomas are all big WR & will be available in the 2nd RD

Dajesus
03-07-2010, 11:00 AM
I have a sneaking suspision we will take Dez, just because of how big of a drop off there is after him. I am sure there will be a 2nd or 3rd round WR surprise from this draft, but Dez is the only #1 wr in this draft. Tate might be the only other first round WR, but he is a #2 and a dynamic kick returner.

I wouldn't be surprised if we took McClain or Dez. Dansby plays in and outside LB, and we lost 3 of our 4 starting LBs from last season, Crowder got injured very late. LB though I think has a lot more depth, and there will be OLB/ILB in the 2nd round that could start.

My new dream scenario is get Marshal for our 2nd this year, and a 3rd next year. Sign Sharper and draft McClain. Then add Jimmy Graham in the 3rd round to give us pass catching TE with huge upside. Those moves would make us a super bowl threat now, but we would also remain very young outside of FS.

Kdawg954
03-07-2010, 11:08 AM
I think we would sign a Derrick Mason first . . . we need a stop gap at WR until the next draft. If our guys don't show progress this year, we will draft a guy next year. I don't see Parcells taking Dez Bryant at 12, plus rumor has it that he has a horrible attitude and there are concerns with him.

Mason or Antonio Bryant IMO, or if Marshall's asking price goes down. Make Patrick Turner looks better, maybe Hartline takes the next step, I mean I rather develop the youngsters on our team already then add to the youth, makes no sense. These young WR's have not had a veteran WR to help them with anything, they could use an experienced guy.

milldog
03-07-2010, 11:12 AM

Do we need a #1 WR? Yep.
Is he the guy? Maybe.

However, IMO, WR is nowhere near as important right now as filling gaping holes at FS, OLB, and another NT.

Damn, Crosby is one ugly dude. Looks like a retarded monkey!

MiamiDolfan85
03-07-2010, 11:14 AM
I have a sneaking suspision we will take Dez, just because of how big of a drop off there is after him. I am sure there will be a 2nd or 3rd round WR surprise from this draft, but Dez is the only #1 wr in this draft. Tate might be the only other first round WR, but he is a #2 and a dynamic kick returner.

I wouldn't be surprised if we took McClain or Dez. Dansby plays in and outside LB, and we lost 3 of our 4 starting LBs from last season, Crowder got injured very late. LB though I think has a lot more depth, and there will be OLB/ILB in the 2nd round that could start.

My new dream scenario is get Marshal for our 2nd this year, and a 3rd next year. Sign Sharper and draft McClain. Then add Jimmy Graham in the 3rd round to give us pass catching TE with huge upside. Those moves would make us a super bowl threat now, but we would also remain very young outside of FS.
I disagree,I'd rather have Demaryius Thomas than Dez.I think Dez is good,but he isnt great....the word is too commonly thrown around.What would we call guys like Andre Johnson coming out of Miami,or Larry Fitz out of Pitts,or Calvin Johnson out of GT?

Dez is a good player,and is going to have a good career,but he is not on the level the 3 players I just listed above.Demaryius Thomas hasnt caught as many balls as Dez,but he has just as much potential as Dez maybe even more...

Scoffaveli
03-07-2010, 11:14 AM
who knows

they can't be happy with 3 things:

-our current wr corp
-soliai as NT
-Clemons at FS

Seems likely to me that we will target Dan Williams in Rd 1, as a starting NT is impossible to find through FA

So we will need to find a safety in FA and draft a WR in Rd 2

I think we can find a pass rusher in Rd 3/4

hemidemon
03-07-2010, 11:28 AM
Miami is not going to trade up. We might trade down to collect draft picks. This is a deep draft.

twohype
03-07-2010, 11:33 AM
who knows

-our current wr corp
-soliai as NT
-Clemons at FS

Seems likely to me that we will target Dan Williams in Rd 1, as a starting NT is impossible to find through FA

I think that you are right on target. Obviously the phins can not play a 3 - 4 defense without a NT so Dan Williams is the pick in round 1 due the Jason Fegerson issue (suspended 8 games in 2010), thus Demaryius Thomas hopefully is there in the 2nd round for da Phinz. Demaryius Thomas will be awesome in the future :hump:

CaSh
03-07-2010, 11:37 AM
I'm just curious as to why we passed on so many people so far.

Someone above me said that we could have put in a bid for Boldin but Baltimore raised, that could be true. We never know. I could then ask you, why didn't we at least match it? Our 4th is higher than theirs..

This is a good topic, because from both sides people have valid points.

Kdawg954
03-07-2010, 11:41 AM
who knows

-our current wr corp
-soliai as NT
-Clemons at FS

We got the captain of our defense and arguably filled our biggest need on the team with Dansby.

We resigned our veteran leader at QB, he has been teaching Chad Henne for 2 years . . . great to see him back for a third, can only help, and if Henne gets hurt you got a proven leader backing him up. He can also continue to help bring along either White or Thigpen.

Get WR and FS in FA. We need a veteran FS and keep bringing along Clemmons . . . we need a veteran WR to keep bringing along Ginn, Camarillo, Bess, Turner and Hartline. Drafting those 2 positions this year only adds to the youth we have at those positions. Bringing in experience is much more critical. Get Atogwe and Antonio Bryant.

Trade our 2010 4th round pick to Detroit for Cliff Avril (SOLB)

Draft:

1. Dan Williams - NT - Tennessee
2. Jerry Hughes - WOLB - TCU
3. Jimmy Graham - TE - Miami
4. Cliff Avril Trade
5. Tyler Thigpen Trade
Late Rounds: KR/PR (RB/CB/etc.), OL depth, NT/DE depth, etc.

Also we could trade Phillip Merling, Will Allen, Greg Camarillo, Tyler Thigpen, Pat White or a RB for picks.

This would be the ideal offseason for me. 2011 draft is already shaping up . . . WR, RB, OL, LB

a1csiriaS
03-07-2010, 11:52 AM
this is my opinion so dont eat me on this but

why is everyone so high on this Dez kid he's had plenty of character issues not to mention his mentor is non other than deon sanders. Think about this ok he has potential this doesnt mean its gona translate to the nfl now we got Antonio and Brandon. Antonio is proven to be a solid player in this league when he has his head straight and yes he also has character issues. Brandon is the same but he is better then Antonio and Dez but also has character issues and baggage my point is why waste a 1st round pick on a dude that has had character issues before and has not set a foot in the nfl not knowing if he's gona pan out to be that great reciever they are projecting him to be as oppose to signing Antonio as a stop gap and drafting a reciever in the later rounds and developing them. just imo

JCfinfan
03-07-2010, 11:57 AM
No way in hell we pick Dez at 12.

Dr. Phin
03-07-2010, 12:15 PM
I think that you are right on target. Obviously the phins can not play a 3 - 4 defense without a NT so Dan Williams is the pick in round 1 due the Jason Fegerson issue (suspended 8 games in 2010), thus Demaryius Thomas hopefully is there in the 2nd round for da Phinz. Demaryius Thomas will be awesome in the future :hump:

Yep, with the Ferguson problem...NT is now our No. 1 priority IMO also...

Dan Williams, come on down!!! Your the Miami Dolphins No. 1 pick!!!

Ricky4Life
03-07-2010, 12:46 PM
Depending on who falls in our laps at #12 I think we might trade back and try to pick up a few more picks like another second and a later pick in the draft. I would like them to pick up Benn in the second if its possible.

SamIam
03-07-2010, 01:07 PM

Believe me... D Thomas is not that big of a drop off and I have watched both Thomas and Dez.

#1dolphinsfan
03-07-2010, 01:14 PM
I hope we get Dez that would be great

Yessir
03-07-2010, 01:17 PM
Big fan a Dez. But don't see how this conclusion is being drawn.

We need a Nose and need some OLB badly. Cam Wake, Charlie Anderson, Quentin Groves... All those dudes are question marks at best. And Paul Soliai is not a full time starter.

MiamiDolfan85
03-07-2010, 01:21 PM
Big fan a Dez. But don't see how this conclusion is being drawn.

We need a Nose and need some OLB badly. Cam Wake, Charlie Anderson, Quentin Groves... All those dudes are question marks at best. And Paul Soliai is not a full time starter.
exactly why i think Brandon Graham should be the pick at 12...That SOLB is the glaring hole on defense.I think Miami will sign Jamal Williams or Kemeuto(whatever....),and draft a NT late,like they always do...

Ricky4Life
03-07-2010, 01:23 PM
exactly why i think Brandon Graham should be the pick at 12...That SOLB is the glaring hole on defense.I think Miami will sign Jamal Williams or Kemeuto(whatever....),and draft a NT late,like they always do...

Exactly, Parcells likes to find his later round NT. Fergie and Ware were both 7th round picks and looked how they turned out. (Other then the recent news on Ferg)

PJack
03-07-2010, 01:32 PM
Exactly, Parcells likes to find his later round NT. Fergie and Ware were both 7th round picks and looked how they turned out. (Other then the recent news on Ferg)

Ware was a 1st round pick (something like 11th or 12 overall). NT is a huge need but we MUST get an upgrade at WR. I can't take another year of watching this crew. If we expect Henne to show improvement we have to give him something to work with. I think Bryant is our best FA option, but otherwise we better draft a WR in the first couple rounds.

SamIam
03-07-2010, 01:34 PM
I have a feeling Sergio Kindle is going to be the pick.. just seems like a BP type of OLB

BillParFan
03-07-2010, 02:17 PM

Not Ware.

You're probably thinking of Ratliff(7th round).

39wildman
03-07-2010, 02:28 PM
[
-soliai as NT to me he play good football our defense suck the hold yr on 3rd down is wear we need to improve and 4th quarter. the run def was allright the pass is what killed us.... Clemons at FS need more experience. bringing a guy like sharpe for a yr would really help our db....

NT is possible to find through FA like rodger or williams

JAYROD305
03-07-2010, 02:37 PM
I doubt we get Dez bryant its either berry ,earl thomas, or dan williams we all know parcells dosent draft wr and corners in the 1st round, wrong he went with 2 corners with our 1st round pick and our 2nd round pick in last years draft if Dez didnt have a big ego and alot of problems i would of seen him coming to the dolphins if we do go after a receiver with off the feild issues its going to be brandon marshall hes already a star in the NFL and has already proven hes elite can you imagine henne and marshall what a combo I think if we get Marshall he would become a top notch receiver with no off the feild issues the whole time hes here, 1 reason is because we have an orginization that is build like a family and our Qb's penney and henne wouldnt allow Marshall to get in trouble they will help him alot

Krush
03-07-2010, 02:49 PM
What progress? You mean if Henne don't show progress, some of those misses were the result of Henne, the receiver we have are good enough. Now if they just want a big target or a complentary target to hartline and not ginn then make a trade with Detroit for Calvin Johnson or go get Brandon marshall.

cltchperf
03-07-2010, 02:56 PM
Well I think its not do or die for miami as far as WR and them having to get Dez Bryant or else they wont have a no.1 Wr this season. Dez has question marks about his work ethic and attitude problems and I'm not sure if I would want Miami to take a WR like that with their first pick when they have so many other glaring needs. I think a safety or nose tackle would be great for the first pick, maybe Eric Berry if he were to make it or trade down and get extra picks in a deep draft. And then with the second pick, espeicially since Baltimore got boldin, they might skip getting a WR now with their first round pick..so more first round talent Wrs could very well fall into the second round and miami has a high second round pick I believe.

Everybody says Demariyus thomas, but what I've read in scouting reports is that his route running sucks and Arrelius Benn has is not always the most sure handed Wr and dropping passes. But from what I've read on scouting reports of who has as much upside as Dez and can be a very good WR in the draft is Damian Williams, he has good speed and supposedly his route running is pretty darn good and has pretty decent size too. The only question is that he's a USC WR, but I think its stupid to think every USC WR will not be that good, He seems to have a better skill set than previous USC Wrs like Dwayne Jarret who was big but not that good of a route runner and average speed, thus questions about him getting separation and Williams faster and bigger than Steve Smith from the Giants. You never know how things go, but I think Miami could get their NT or FS in round one and get their future no.1 in round two if they get Damian Williams who could definitely still be there for miami since Miami has a high second round pick.

greenmiamicat
03-07-2010, 03:04 PM

Anyone agree?
Vikings, Colts and Saints are still better than Baltimore

auqa alliance
03-07-2010, 03:15 PM
I want Dez as bad the next guy, But i dont know if you guys have noticed Denver shopping Marshall arond could mean they might draft Dez so it will be a moot point.

Clipse
03-07-2010, 04:32 PM
No. Boldin does not make Ravens the best team n the league. You don't trade a 3rd and a 4th for a 29 year old, injury prone WR who wants big money.

tcdrover
03-07-2010, 04:43 PM
No way in hell we pick Dez at 12.

Of course not. Anyone who seriously thinks that they even have him on their draft board is out of touch.

'I'm a great person..', I still can't belive that he said that. You know who his agent is right?

There is absolutely no way that they would pick this guy in the first OR second round. This is exactly the kind of guy that they don't draft. I would bet money that he isn't even on their draft board.

I think they'll take Kindle or whichever of those top two safeties fall to them.

Phantom
03-07-2010, 05:20 PM
They second this braintrust took Pat White with a 2nd round pick and a holes all over the team to fill, i lost any clue of what the hell they think or will do.

etsudolfan
03-07-2010, 06:06 PM
if Berry slips...BP will take a safety in Round 1

tay0365
03-08-2010, 03:30 PM

Do we need a #1 WR? Yep.
Is he the guy? Maybe.

Exactly, these are also my feeling, I think there is a plan in place, and the receiver problem will get fix as the big three see fit for what Miami will be doing next year on offense....in due time.