PDA

View Full Version : I have miami's first round pick here!!!

enduro
03-07-2010, 11:05 AM
After much research and talking to my sources:

dolphins pick T Cody nt alabama.

I have been sniffing around the d bryants, e thomas and cj spiller bandwagons but i have a feeling this mountain of a man will be our #1 pick. Some of you may not have him rated at #12 but i think with a little weight lifting and good diet choices he will become a force. stay tuned.

There are only so many big men!

JCfinfan
03-07-2010, 11:11 AM
Cant agree with that. The weight issue is a huge concern. He is one of those guys that we would jump all over if he fell to us in the 2nd, but not at 12.

I know there is never a "sure thing" in the draft but I like Berry, earl thomas, Morgan, Spiller, and Williams much better at 12.

skipp2myloo13
03-07-2010, 11:17 AM
ya...no. LOL at your sources.

enduro
03-07-2010, 11:17 AM
Cant agree with that. The weight issue is a huge concern. He is one of those guys that we would jump all over if he fell to us in the 2nd, but not at 12.

I know there is never a "sure thing" in the draft but I like Berry, earl thomas, Morgan, Spiller, and Williams much better at 12.

Now if berry was there at 12 he would be the pick. But he will be gone. D bryant is a question, Earl thomas is great and i would be happy with him but he's not elite for #12. Morgan fits more of a DE position instead of jumping to OLB. Mccluster will be our pick in the third round so we won't need cj spiller. I keep going back to the phrase "there are only so many big men".

go to this link and read the t cody scouting report:
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/front-office-total-access-stats.html&position=dt

i might be crazy but i think he might be the pick.

skipp2myloo13
03-07-2010, 11:21 AM
You dont want future Ed reed at FS because he isnt elite, but you want a fat tub of lard that can only play 1-2 down in the NFL at the 12th freaking pick. Yah cause that is really elite. McCluster wont make it to the third btw. but i should prolly respect the sources. haha

JCfinfan
03-07-2010, 11:21 AM
Now if berry was there at 12 he would be the pick. But he will be gone. D bryant is a question, Earl thomas is great and i would be happy with him but he's not elite for #12. Morgan fits more of a DE position instead of jumping to OLB. Mccluster will be our pick in the third round so we won't need cj spiller. I keep going back to the phrase "there are only so many big men".

go to this link and read the t cody scouting report:
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/front-office-total-access-projections.html&position=dt

i might be crazy but i think he might be the pick.

I understand the "Only so many big men theory" however, If I am picking a NT at 12, I'm picking Williams. Alot of scouts are projucting Coty to be a 2 down NT. I just have some concerns regarding his weight and work ethic to be picking him at 12. If the guy cant stay in shape when he is playing for Satan, and playing for no money, whats he going to do when he signed a deal paying him 10-12 million in guaranteed money. 2nd round ok, not 1st round. Too big of a risk. Literally.

skipp2myloo13
03-07-2010, 11:24 AM
Williams would be my pick too if i had to go NT there. But i just dont see any of the NT's elite enough for the first. Williams can be a 3 down NT, but i dont think he will collapse the pocket. He will take up the blockers-idk if consistantly, but he just doesnt seen elite enough at 12. Ill go CAm Thomas for virtually the same thing round 2.

EFWilson
03-07-2010, 11:27 AM
I think Miami's first pick will be NT Dan Williams. I think they will look at OLB with their 2nd round pick. Berry will most likely be gone by 12 and Earl Thomas looks like a CB. I dont see them taking another ILB until later in the draft if at all. A WR will be 3rd round or later.

enduro
03-07-2010, 11:32 AM
You dont want future Ed reed at FS because he isnt elite, but you want a fat tub of lard that can only play 1-2 down in the NFL at the 12th freaking pick. Yah cause that is really elite. McCluster wont make it to the third btw. but i should prolly respect the sources. haha

E thomas is a little small for me. I still think he's a number #1 pick but since the boyz worked with that big tub of lard and can envision him at 335 toned up and dominating in the florida sun. I thought the same thing about that tub of lard tackle last year but the bengals still snatched him up. Don't be so easy to dismiss T Cody as our pick at #12. we can grab a saftey or wr at #2. I have not been on the cody bandwagon either i just have a feeling that he will be the pick.

rev kev
03-07-2010, 11:34 AM
Cody will go in the late late 2nd or third..., the weight concern is not going away...,

skipp2myloo13
03-07-2010, 11:39 AM
E thomas is a little small for me. I still think he's a number #1 pick but since the boyz worked with that big tub of lard and can envision him at 335 toned up and dominating in the florida sun. I thought the same thing about that tub of lard tackle last year but the bengals still snatched him up. Don't be so easy to dismiss T Cody as our pick at #12. we can grab a saftey or wr at #2. I have not been on the cody bandwagon either i just have a feeling that he will be the pick.

I will promise 100% that Cody will NOT be the pick. There are no starting caliber FS in round 2. WR need is overrated. CAm Thomas in the second >>>Cody. Is Eric Berry too small? If Eric Berry was 4 lbs lighter would he be too small??? THATS WHAT THOMAS IS? But no, im sure you didnt know that and just heard someone say that he was small somewhere so you took it as your own genious observation. Never looking or doing any work for yourself. Much like you did with Cody, saw his measurables, one of your friends (sources) said this kid looked really good in college. Ohh and if your going to give me the Thomas is weak excuse he did 2 more reps than Berry, that doesnt tell the whole story, i know. But pop in some tape and you will see Thomas is willing to hit anyone. Than put in some tape of Ed Reed and tell me how many highlight reel tackles he has made, not a whole helluva lot. He is a FS, who covers and a football player who tackles.

skipp2myloo13
03-07-2010, 11:40 AM
Cody will go in the late late 2nd or third..., the weight concern is not going away...,

I would thank you for shedding some light on this thread with me-but for some reason there is no thanks button. Which is kinda gay, IMO.

MiamiDolfan85
03-07-2010, 11:42 AM

I have been sniffing around the d bryants, e thomas and cj spiller bandwagons but i have a feeling this mountain of a man will be our #1 pick. Some of you may not have him rated at #12 but i think with a little weight lifting and good diet choices he will become a force. stay tuned.

.....:foundout:

skipp2myloo13
03-07-2010, 11:47 AM
.....:foundout:

Dude, he has "sources" hahahaha

MiamiDolfan85
03-07-2010, 11:48 AM
Williams would be my pick too if i had to go NT there. But i just dont see any of the NT's elite enough for the first. Williams can be a 3 down NT, but i dont think he will collapse the pocket. He will take up the blockers-idk if consistantly, but he just doesnt seen elite enough at 12. Ill go CAm Thomas for virtually the same thing round 2.
I agree with you.There arent any 3-4 NT's elite enough to warrant the 12th pick,and if anybody were to be the one,it'd be Dan Williams>>>>>>>Cody times 10x.......I realy think the best value,and top need can be met with Brandon Graham.Would play SOLB,as hes the best SOLB prospect available.And has the athletism to be compared to Pitts Lamarr Woodley,which we certainly need.

MiamiDolfan85
03-07-2010, 11:52 AM
Dude, he has "sources" hahahaha
oh,thats right,please forgive me for not giving his post proper recognizition....:jimmyjames:

enduro
03-07-2010, 12:01 PM
oh,thats right,please forgive me for not giving his post proper recognizition....:jimmyjames:

ok while everyone is busting my balls williams goes #11 to denver and d bryant falls into the twenties.....There is no way in hell that cody would fall to the 2nd half of round 2. Now if Miami were able to pick up someone like s rodgers from cleveland than this would change the pick. Then maybe would go for someone like e thomas. At least thats what my sources say. lol...

Oraclepz
03-07-2010, 01:50 PM
The more i think about it ...i think the pick is going to be an OLB... Sergio Kindle maybe.

enduro
03-07-2010, 01:52 PM
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha....On surius radio they just discussed that T cody could be an option at #12 Ha ha ha ha...so i am not so crazy after all.

My sources say. bbbbllllaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!

#1dolphinsfan
03-07-2010, 01:54 PM
T. Cody shouldnt even be considered at the 12 pick

X-Pacolypse
03-07-2010, 01:54 PM

I don't know who your "sources" are, but I think they might be wrong. While Cody is definately at a "need" position, it makes zero sense on Miami's part to reach that early.

footsteps falco
03-07-2010, 02:12 PM
i really think brandon graham would be a strong choice to handle OLB. i would also be happy with taking weatherspoon or mcclain in the first and i say that because i am not nor have i ever been a fan of channing crowder. i think hes sub par. solid at best as a tackler and 1 dimensional. so i wouldnt mind jumping on the bandwagon that everyone else is. by that i mean jets with "best corner back tandum" ... giants with "best safety tandum" dolphins with "the best linebacker tandum" after that being our weakest link last year. the only reason i would take graham over weatherspoon or mcclain is because is the only true amazing SOLB. i really like jerry hughes, but from what ive read on finheaven he is a WOLB and wont convert to the other side. i am happy with cameron wake, though he is going on 29 next year. eitehr way i would still like to get another ILB in this draft even micah johnson later on. as far as safeties go, im liking antrel rolles brother.. cant remember the name off hand maybe myron rolle?

on a side note, i think cam thomas or dan williams is the appropriate choice when we do address NT, which clearly has to be in the first 2 rounds for a legit starter. i have to say that dexter mcclusters highlights do look great, and he does take those wildcat snaps well, but i think this is a pat white #2 pick and i dont wanna see us go for another 170 lb player. i really think ben tate would be a cool pick in the 4th round, these auburn guys do well for us, i also like a few other RB's but wont get into them as thats not what this thread was about. in short. no cody, yes d williams or c thomas

BARF
03-07-2010, 02:14 PM
whose is your source jenny craig or nutrasystem

Creeping Death
03-07-2010, 02:26 PM
1st pick: bryant, spiller, berry or graham. cam thomas in the 2nd round.

enduro
03-07-2010, 02:40 PM
whose is your source jenny craig or nutrasystem

ha ha. now thats funny. seriously i did laugh. We got to see both head to head cody vs williams. my source thinks that we can get cody into a fitness regiment and control what he eats and that he would dominant. He said think of "the fridge" from the bears. In the end it always comes down to what bill, jeff and tony think.

I can't wait to see this draft

Ricky4Life
03-07-2010, 02:43 PM
No way Cody is our pick at 12. He does not fit into the mold that Tuna has for his nose tackles. Your "sources" lied to you.

COphinphan89
03-07-2010, 04:25 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/03/cody_senior_weigh-1.jpg

enduro
03-07-2010, 05:20 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/03/cody_senior_weigh-1.jpg

now you got me second guessing my source. lol....

MrEd
03-07-2010, 05:41 PM
By the way that Miami is looking to fill ILB and FS via FA tells me that they are looking to fill the other needs (NT/OLB/WR/TE/RB/OG) in the draft. So I don't see Miami having Eric Berry or Earl Thomas in their plans there.

In fact, now that they struck out of the Rolle deal, they are showing interest in Sharper (a Pennington version of the FS department). So I see them grooming Clemons behind Sharper or overpaying for Otogwe. But it doesn't seem implied by their actions that FS is in their plans in the draft. JMO.

Then, with the Ferguson news, NT is even more shedding clues to my predicted guy at #12. Dan Williams. Now, not saying that they can't find Cam Thomas or Cody at #43, one should be there, though that's risking it. Now if they sign a J Williams, then that throws my theory of Dan Williams out the window and then OLB becomes the favorite. But it most definitely looks like to me that it will come down to NT or OLB at #12.

Unless, they plan on doing a trade with Ronnie Brown that gets us a #1 WR and we use that #12 pick on Spiller. We just need to wait and see what this FO continues to do in FA, they are going to give us the clues of where we are going with this.

Let's just enjoy the Dansby upgrade for a few days.

finfan54
03-07-2010, 06:36 PM

:lol2:

BTW, If Cody could lose that 30 lbs (he is already half way) and show something on pro day to show character/work ethic ect ect., I could see this regime giving him a grade there.

We all know he makes big plays. I dont watch much college ball and I know this.

its all about mentality at the next level. Its one thing to be a fat tub and then act like his cohort from Alabama last year but another to say I am going to lose 30 lbs and do it. He is a beast at 340.

BTW, just saw Wilforks picture from last year. Now that guy is a fat tub. But he is a playa. we all know that.

finfan54
03-07-2010, 06:41 PM
By the way that Miami is looking to fill ILB and FS via FA tells me that they are looking to fill the other needs (NT/OLB/WR/TE/RB/OG) in the draft. So I don't see Miami having Eric Berry or Earl Thomas in their plans there.

In fact, now that they struck out of the Rolle deal, they are showing interest in Sharper (a Pennington version of the FS department). So I see them grooming Clemons behind Sharper or overpaying for Otogwe. But it doesn't seem implied by their actions that FS is in their plans in the draft. JMO.

Then, with the Ferguson news, NT is even more shedding clues to my predicted guy at #12. Dan Williams. Now, not saying that they can't find Cam Thomas or Cody at #43, one should be there, though that's risking it. Now if they sign a J Williams, then that throws my theory of Dan Williams out the window and then OLB becomes the favorite. But it most definitely looks like to me that it will come down to NT or OLB at #12.

Unless, they plan on doing a trade with Ronnie Brown that gets us a #1 WR and we use that #12 pick on Spiller. We just need to wait and see what this FO continues to do in FA, they are going to give us the clues of where we are going with this.

if we were after Sharper, dont you think we would have him in Miami already?

Not sure about these reports lately. FO doesnt devulge much and media these past few days have been quiet on new FA news after Dansby.

I will believe it when I see some reports coming from the other side such as a guy heading on a plane to Miami cus there is an undercover sports guy at the airport with bino's walking around.

Clipse
03-07-2010, 07:28 PM
No. Cody isn't the best NT in the draft, and probably not the 2nd best either. We're not taking a 2nd round at best prospect with #12...

FINS4LIFE16
03-07-2010, 07:36 PM
0 % chance we take cody at 12

DanTheManFinFan
03-07-2010, 07:49 PM

Heyyyyy......I checked with your "sources".....they said they never told you that!.......Be careful there superspy, you might be getting set up as a double agent like Aldrich Ames!!

enduro
03-07-2010, 08:57 PM

well, well well. ryan clark in miami. there goes the earl thomas s pick as i stated earlier. bring on the big dough boy. t cody.

enduro
03-07-2010, 08:59 PM
Heyyyyy......I checked with your "sources".....they said they never told you that!.......Be careful there superspy, you might be getting set up as a double agent like Aldrich Ames!!

teams pick up lb's in the later rounds all the time. t cody #1, wr #2, etc....

finfan54
03-07-2010, 09:21 PM
Bottom Line: We will have a grade on all these players and we will draft accordingly.

Dudes only problem is weight. If he takes care of the problem. He goes back to his original high status. He is not there yet. One month away.

Dude is a 3-4 NT. Someone will buy who needs a big man who can move people.

enduro
03-07-2010, 09:42 PM
Bottom Line: We will have a grade on all these players and we will draft accordingly.

Dudes only problem is weight. If he takes care of the problem. He goes back to his original high status. He is not there yet. One month away.

Dude is a 3-4 NT. Someone will buy who needs a big man who can move people.

we need that guy!!!!!