PDA

View Full Version : Join The Don't Draft Jimmy Graham Fan Club

justdev7
03-07-2010, 06:07 PM
I'm sire I'll hear it for this one but I gotta put it out there. I am hearing a lot of hype about this guy and I think it's unwarranted. The guy is tall and athletic, I get it. But the guy is 6'7" and skinny so don't hold your breath if you're waiting for him to be able to block. And it would be one thing if he had crazy production but his stats are not impressive 17 REC 213 Yards the 5 TDs is nice but your still not even averaging 2 REC a game.

This would be a waste of a draft pick just like Nalbone last year. As far as I'm concerned Rob Gronkowski is the only TE in this draft worth having.

j-off-her-doll
03-07-2010, 06:13 PM
I'm sire I'll hear it for this one but I gotta put it out there. I am hearing a lot of hype about this guy and I think it's unwarranted. The guy is tall and athletic, I get it. But the guy is 6'7" and skinny so don't hold your breath if you're waiting for him to be able to block. And it would be one thing if he had crazy production but his stats are not impressive 17 REC 213 Yards the 5 TDs is nice but your still not even averaging 2 REC a game.

This would be a waste of a draft pick just like Nalbone last year. As far as I'm concerned Rob Gronkowski is the only TE in this draft worth having.

1. I wouldn't draft him before the 4th
2. This draft is deep at TE.
3. With Gronkowski's injury issues, there are a few TE's I'd draft ahead of him:
4. Gresham, Pitta, Dickerson, and maybe even Graham - not in that order.

FinsFanatic777
03-07-2010, 06:20 PM
1. I wouldn't draft him before the 4th
2. This draft is deep at TE.
3. With Gronkowski's injury issues, there are a few TE's I'd draft ahead of him:
4. Gresham, Pitta, Dickerson, and maybe even Graham - not in that order.

Gresham had two major knee surgeries... A torn ACL in high school and a torn cartilage (or another ACL, not too sure) last year. I'd rather bank on Gronkowski than Gresham. And a team will reach for Dickerson because he ran a 4.40.

Clipse
03-07-2010, 07:38 PM
Won't find me in your fan club. If you watched any games/tape on him you'd know better. Gronkowski the only one? Ok...

FINS4LIFE16
03-07-2010, 07:48 PM
I like Graham....Sure he's a project with many things to work on (route running, blocking..) but he has a HUGE upside and would be a great target for Henne.

Kdawg954
03-07-2010, 08:09 PM
Most upside at TE in this draft (except for a fully healthy Jermaine Gresham).

It may take a year or 2, but I think the wait will be worth the reward.

2413fanphins
03-07-2010, 08:36 PM
yeah, go ahead and count me OUT of your cute lil fan club too.

finfan54
03-07-2010, 09:06 PM
Graham has all the goods. He just has to put some time in to route running and blocking ect. Stuff that can be taught. But you have a tall guy like that going down the seam who catches the rock at takes it to the house, forget it.

This is where work ethic comes in.

But for me, the guy who I think we have an eye on is Dickerson. spread him out, bring him in, whatever, dude runs a 4.4.

13_dolfan_13
03-07-2010, 09:12 PM
only TE worth drafting? are you high? PITTA im tellin you the guy is a stud dallas clark type but has the pottential to be a better blocking TE

Troysif
03-07-2010, 09:22 PM
I won't be joining your fan club.

#1dolphinsfan
03-07-2010, 09:24 PM
I am against drafting him before the fourth round

Markcalius
03-07-2010, 09:41 PM
only TE worth drafting? are you high? PITTA im tellin you the guy is a stud dallas clark type but has the pottential to be a better blocking TE

Pitta! Yes! Yeeeeessss!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VvgspV2fcI

X-Pacolypse
03-07-2010, 11:03 PM
Count me out of your little club.

3rdandinches
03-08-2010, 12:09 AM
What a lonely little club your going to have but I'm sure you'll be able to handle the President, Secretary and Janitor roles.

ChadHenne
03-08-2010, 12:12 AM
I just want it to be known that I hate the word "upside" more than anything in the entire draftworld of everything.

That said, I'd take Graham in the 4th round, but simply because I'd sit him behind a more seasoned backup for around 3+ years. As I've said, he's the rawest player in this draft, it's crazy that some people believe he's magically going to come into this league and dominate. He'll need a lot of years as a backup before he can even start.

I can't see Graham ever being a star in the league, but a serviceable backup he could end up becoming. Pitta is the better choice in the 3rd or 4th round, simply because his production matches his physical ability.

justdev7
03-08-2010, 05:09 AM
Well fine then, I wasn't gonna let you guys in anyways. Do you guys really think he'll still be there in the 4th round.

Clipse
03-08-2010, 05:25 AM
Well fine then, I wasn't gonna let you guys in anyways. Do you guys really think he'll still be there in the 4th round.
Not a chance unfortunately.

Ricky4Life
03-08-2010, 08:08 AM
Another non-member here.

justdev7
03-08-2010, 02:39 PM
So are you guys saying that you honestly believe this guy will be able to block at the next level? Really? I get the "Upside" theory but why do you take a guy with upside rather then taking a well rounded player? Go ask Ryan Leaf about upside. Yeah he's the extreme example but the idea remains. And maybe Gronkowski isn't the only TE worth taking. I like Dickson and Pitta as well. I worry about Dickson's ability to block because he ran a spread here at U of O. I like Pitta a lot actually but I have a little stigma attached to players from BYU for some reason.

fgrocker
03-08-2010, 03:06 PM
You guys do realize he is a basketball player who played football in high school, right? You all seem to be analyzing him in terms of production from one year of college level ball. I still think 5 TDs in his first year in a poor offense is pretty decent. His athleticism and determination set his upside higher than all other TEs in this class. It will be up to NFL teams to determine if he is the next Gates/Gonzalez, or if he is just another basketball kid who wants to play football. If our FO drafts him, I have confidence that they see serious football talent in there somewhere.

Clipse
03-08-2010, 05:16 PM
So are you guys saying that you honestly believe this guy will be able to block at the next level? Really? I get the "Upside" theory but why do you take a guy with upside rather then taking a well rounded player? Go ask Ryan Leaf about upside. Yeah he's the extreme example but the idea remains. And maybe Gronkowski isn't the only TE worth taking. I like Dickson and Pitta as well. I worry about Dickson's ability to block because he ran a spread here at U of O. I like Pitta a lot actually but I have a little stigma attached to players from BYU for some reason.
Graham isn't a bad blocker. Isn't great either. There's a lot of great TE's who couldn't block in college but have turned into pretty good blockers. Jason Witten comes to mind. Blocking is coachable and Graham is a very coachable person. Dickson and especially Pitta can't block either you know.

Elliott 1
03-08-2010, 05:40 PM
Jimmy actually weighed in at 6'6" 260 lbs. He ran a 4.5 and had a 38 inch vertical.

260 isn't skinny at all. He is big strong fast and explosive.

What he obviously isn't is experienced.

He can learn to block and run good routes.

He might be there in the 4th. I think Jared Cook and Shawn Nelson lasted until the 4th last year. Ahh, maybe Cook went late 3rd to the Titans.

No to the club thing, I'd draft him with a mid to late 3rd that I traded for.

Danny
03-08-2010, 06:48 PM
I will not be in any club that doesn't want to draft a TE from the U....are you kidding me? Ok, he's not a first rounder but I think he'll be a very good player....having said that, I think we might take a different TE in the 2nd round if we move down from 12 and get an extra 2nd....still, don't be surprised if we take him.

Ozzy rules!!

NRA
03-09-2010, 04:17 PM
yes! he will be there in the 4th round and [hopefully] we wont take him
then either!!

how in hell has this guy gotten so hyped? he cant block. not at all!! in fact,
he is considered a LIABILITY in blocking. and a TE must be able to do that
in the nfl. you have to at least be a somewhat respectable, willing blocker
and jg is NEITHER!!!

not a lot of experiance. not only at TE but in FOOTBALL all together!

he shouldnt even be considered untill the 6th round by ANY team and thats
only if they are going to make a wr out of him which will be his ONLY chance
in the nfl.

the 2 most over rated guys in htis draft.....

JIMMY GRAHAM

DAN WILLIAMS

Chubby
03-09-2010, 04:21 PM

JPP
JPP

Sorry he is so legendary I had two him twice.

NRA
03-09-2010, 04:22 PM
He can learn to block and run good routes.

ELIIOT: you mean you hope to god he can learn to block and run
routes, right? no guerantee there at all.

and you dont take a inexperianced guy who cant block at all in any
of the early rounds. thats not good drafting at all.

Clipse
03-09-2010, 05:12 PM
yes! he will be there in the 4th round and [hopefully] we wont take him
then either!!

how in hell has this guy gotten so hyped? he cant block. not at all!! in fact,
he is considered a LIABILITY in blocking. and a TE must be able to do that
in the nfl. you have to at least be a somewhat respectable, willing blocker
and jg is NEITHER!!!

not a lot of experiance. not only at TE but in FOOTBALL all together!

he shouldnt even be considered untill the 6th round by ANY team and thats
only if they are going to make a wr out of him which will be his ONLY chance
in the nfl.

JIMMY GRAHAM

DAN WILLIAMS
No, he won't be available in the 4th. Jason Witten was such a dominant blocker coming out too right? No, he was awful, and now he's a very good blocker. Blocking for a TE is coachable. Graham is very coachable.