PDA

View Full Version : Let's say we sign Ryan Clark, NOW who is our first pick?

VA_Finfan
03-07-2010, 10:25 PM
We all know that Dansby has been signed, and Jeff Darlington has been reporting that Ryan Clark is in Miami and he wants this to be his one and only stop. If Clark gets signed with us, who do you think we choose? A lot of you were saying Earl Thomas, but that could most likely change with the signing of Clark.....

dominizzo
03-07-2010, 10:31 PM
SERGIO KINDLE........BANK ON IT... fat tuna loves him

X-Pacolypse
03-07-2010, 10:31 PM
It's going to be either Dan Williams, or an OLB like Graham or Kindle. Assuming we stay at #12.

finfan54
03-07-2010, 10:35 PM
I go with B. Graham at that point.

But now I actually look at a position that might blow some peoples minds here.

Iaputi the G from Idaho. think it cant happen?

VA_Finfan
03-07-2010, 10:37 PM
I agree. I just don't know if we'll get a NT or an OLB.....would you guys rather have Graham or Kindle?

uga3406
03-07-2010, 10:37 PM
I don't think it will be Kindle or Dan Williams. I am thinking that maybe Morgan from tech or Pierre-Paul could be the choice. Any way you slice, it I do beleive it will be a OLB.

uga3406
03-07-2010, 10:38 PM
I agree. I just don't know if we'll get a NT or an OLB.....would you guys rather have Graham or Kindle?

personally I like what I see from Kindle but Graham is explosive..he will be hard to pass up

miabrown23
03-07-2010, 10:38 PM
i think the wilcard is spiller. would be happy with bryant graham kindle or williams

Roman529
03-07-2010, 10:39 PM
Here is what I would do....trade down a few places....somewhere between 17-20 for an extra 2nd round pick. Use our first rounder for Brandon Graham. Use one of our 2nd rounders for the best WR available (someone like Arrelious Benn)....use the other for a nose tackle like Cam Thomas.

hooshoops
03-07-2010, 10:39 PM
i'd say dez bryant or brandon graham...

i'd be leary trading down a few spots and still having brandon graham available also...although that sure would be nice

Astrosback
03-07-2010, 10:40 PM
It's going to be either Dan Williams, or an OLB like Graham or Kindle. Assuming we stay at #12.

If Jamal Williams can pass a physical and we can sign him, then we should go either...Brandon Graham or CJ Spiller at 12.

Karlos Dansby-Ryan Clark-Jamal Williams would set us up nicely for the draft.

finfan54
03-07-2010, 10:42 PM
Here is what I would do....trade down a few places....somewhere between 17-20 for an extra 2nd round pick. Use our first rounder for Brandon Graham. Use one of our 2nd rounders for the best WR available (someone like Arrelious Benn)....use the other for a nose tackle like Cam Thomas.

No brainer. Any teams wanna deal?

Wild cards IMO to make it happen.

Dez Bryant
Spillar
One of the Tackles someone might covet that some team after our pick wants too. ex: Baluga

Long shot any way you slice it.

WISfinfan13
03-07-2010, 10:42 PM
Just like before BPA.

PhinsTD
03-07-2010, 10:44 PM
Yeah, at this point, we're most likely going with a matchup problem type player (Spiller, Bryant), or a pass rusher at OLB.

If we could get Jamal Williams, and he passed a physical that would allow us to take a guy with one of our 6th's to develop. The problem is, I think Williams is toast. No team would trade for him, and he is just sitting out there. With all of the teams going to a 3-4, that's an ominous sign.

MiamiDolfan85
03-07-2010, 10:45 PM
I think Miami will go SOLB(Brandon Graham),or BPA,cause our remaining holes can be filled in this one draft,so picking talent>need is warranted...if need be...

VA_Finfan
03-07-2010, 10:45 PM
i'd say dez bryant or brandon graham...

i'd be leary trading down a few spots and still having brandon graham available also...although that sure would be nice
I'd take Dez Bryant if he's available except it is unlikely because Brandon Marshall is likely to leave Denver, so they'll be looking at Bryant.....:boohoo:

hooshoops
03-07-2010, 10:47 PM
i wouldn't count on jamal williams...i'd put him in the same boat at this point of his career as fergie minus the current 8 game suspension of course

we're gonna likely have to overdraft a nose prospect to make sure we get one that can contribute next year...

dominizzo
03-07-2010, 10:47 PM
sergioooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

hooshoops
03-07-2010, 10:48 PM
I'd take Dez Bryant if he's available except it is unlikely because Brandon Marshall is likely to leave Denver, so they'll be looking at Bryant.....:boohoo:

maybe they will maybe they won't...i just know that for my tape study of the players in the draft bryant is absolutely top 5 bpa

and i also think all this diva talk etc about him thats floating right now is way overstated...

hooshoops
03-07-2010, 10:52 PM
sergioooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

that's one guy i don't even have a 1st round grade on...and there's significant off the field concerns there to boot...

Dogbone34
03-07-2010, 10:57 PM
Eric Berry
Dez Bryant
Sean Weatherspoon
Rolando McClain
Brandon Graham

rickd13
03-07-2010, 10:59 PM
The biggest needs on this team are on defense, but if CJ Spiller is there at 12, I hope he is the pick. I think he can be a game changer on offense and be more valuable than Percy Harvin was for the Vikings.

SamIam
03-07-2010, 11:00 PM
SERGIO KINDLE / GRAHAM / MORGAN

You can take it to the bank.

Astrosback
03-07-2010, 11:38 PM
i wouldn't count on jamal williams...i'd put him in the same boat at this point of his career as fergie minus the current 8 game suspension of course

we're gonna likely have to overdraft a nose prospect to make sure we get one that can contribute next year...

Then maybe we should be in the Shaun Rodgers sweepstakes. CLE has him on the block but we're not one of the teams rumored to be interested.

DET traded only a 5th and 7th to CLE for DT Corey Williams.

Maybe we could give CLE a combination of Thigpen and/or Ginn (hometown hero discount) and some late picks for Shaun Rodgers?

hooshoops
03-07-2010, 11:43 PM
Then maybe we should be in the Shaun Rodgers sweepstakes. CLE has him on the block but we're not one of the teams rumored to be interested.

DET traded only a 5th and 7th to CLE for DT Corey Williams.

Maybe we could give CLE a combination of Thigpen and/or Ginn (hometown hero discount) and some late picks for Shaun Rodgers?

shaun rogers has burned 2 bridges with 2 different teams in the last 3 years or so...i just don't know what kind of influence in the lockerroom he'd be...

i do know that when he's motivated he can be downright dominant...but something always seems to bother him...

wouldn't hurt to kick the tires on the demand in trade but i'd want to talk to some of his prior employers to see what kind of package i'm getting...on the surface it seems like a me first one

Astrosback
03-07-2010, 11:43 PM
The biggest needs on this team are on defense, but if CJ Spiller is there at 12, I hope he is the pick. I think he can be a game changer on offense and be more valuable than Percy Harvin was for the Vikings.

Spiller seems like his downside will be Reggie Bush-esque but his upside could be Marshall Faulk-like.

That's not a bad gamble at 12. I try to make NFL comparisons to think about the pick...

Spiller::Faulk
Graham::Woodley
Dez::Crabtree?
Demaryius::Marshall
Benn::Crabtree?

???

Astrosback
03-07-2010, 11:46 PM
shaun rogers has burned 2 bridges with 2 different teams in the last 3 years or so...i just don't know what kind of influence in the lockerroom he'd be...

i do know that when he's motivated he can be downright dominant...but something always seems to bother him...

wouldn't hurt to kick the tires on the demand in trade but i'd want to talk to some of his prior employers to see what kind of package i'm getting...on the surface it seems like a me first one

Maybe it was playing for the Lions and then the Browns?:ponder:

Astrosback
03-07-2010, 11:50 PM
The Browns definitely have him on the block and we definitely have some players at positions where they could use some help - namely QB (Thigpen), WR (Ginn) and 3-4 DE (Merling).

Any combination of those guys plus a late round pick for Shaun Rodgers would be a solid move that would free us up from a forced NT pick early in the draft.

hooshoops
03-07-2010, 11:50 PM
Maybe it was playing for the Lions and then the Browns?:ponder:

maybe and maybe it wasn't...

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-07-2010, 11:51 PM
Dez, Brandon Grahm or OLB

skipp2myloo13
03-07-2010, 11:54 PM
Dez, Spiller, Graham, Williams.

Astrosback
03-08-2010, 12:02 AM
The other position where CLE needs big help is RB. By putting only the 1st round tender on Ronnie instead of the 1st-and-3rd, it's still not out of the question that they move Ronnie.

Imagine if we traded Ronnie plus our 4th rounder to CLE for Shaun Rogers plus their 2nd rounder.

j-off-her-doll
03-08-2010, 12:17 AM
Brandon Graham.

Then, I'm hoping Hughes is there in the 2nd. If he's not, I'm taking a hard look at R. Sapp. If we decide Sapp isn't the player we want at OLB, I'm going C. Thomas or T. Cody.

C-HUCKS
03-08-2010, 01:25 AM
No brainer. Any teams wanna deal?

Wild cards IMO to make it happen.

Dez Bryant
Spillar
One of the Tackles someone might covet that some team after our pick wants too. ex: Baluga

Long shot any way you slice it.
I think our best bet for a trade down would occur if Bradford or Clausen drop down to the 12th pick. Teams also seem willingly to give up picks in order to move up to draft a big name QB.

Miamifin23
03-08-2010, 01:54 AM
Kindle is better than Graham... Earl Thomas is still not out of the question. If Ryan Clark is so good then pitt wouldn't be letting him go for nothing. Dez Bryant is the obvious choice if he's still there. Dan Williams = worst pick at 12.

#1dolphinsfan
03-08-2010, 01:56 AM
Sean Weatherspoon, Dez Bryant, or trade down i would love to see our LB with Weatherspoon, Dansby, Crowder, and Wake that would be amazing IMO

TheBow305
03-08-2010, 02:41 AM
SERGIO KINDLE........BANK ON IT... fat tuna loves him

Yup. Kindle will be the pick IMO, unless someone like JPP or Berry are there, but I don't see it.

Elliott 1
03-08-2010, 03:32 AM
Trade up and grab Suh.

Clipse
03-08-2010, 05:26 AM
Brandon Graham.

Buff
03-08-2010, 06:49 AM

Thats what I am thinking. Trade the 12th to San Fran for there 17th & 2nd rounder (49). They get Spillar & have there original 13th pick, we still get either NT Williams, OLB/DE JPP/Graham at 17, then our original 2nd rounder we get the best WR/TE or NT/OLB, and with the 49th pick from the 49ers we select anoth OLB/ILB or maybe Toby Gerhardt.

Dolfan1000
03-08-2010, 10:09 AM
I dont see Parcells going anywhere near JPP. He places tremendous value on experience.

Danny
03-08-2010, 10:25 AM
Don't be surprised if we take Spikes at 43 if he's there...wow, Dansby and Spikes inside.....TE's would not have it as easy next season with those 2 guys in there......I'd love to move down and then take Williams tho, then with the extra 2nd we'd take an OLB and Spikes.......so that's 2 LB's on draft day plus Dansby and Wake......with Williams on the nose and Clark back there with Bell and the 2 young corners....Randy and Langsford at End's.

Ozzy rules!!

52CANES
03-08-2010, 10:29 AM
Round 1 whichever OLB the FO likes the best.

52CANES
03-08-2010, 10:30 AM
I'm kinda thinking... we could still get Earl Thomas.... to groom... maybe he could also play nickel or backup CB?

Maybe too much for a rookie to learn 2 positions...

fgrocker
03-08-2010, 10:53 AM
As much as I hate it, I think we go with the best pass-rusher available at #12. I don't like the fact that OLB is one position that is more prone to boom-or-bust guys. However, if Berry falls to us, I think we have to pick him up to play SS. We need to recognize that Bell wasn't any better than Wilson last year (probably even worse).

tay0365
03-08-2010, 12:37 PM
Graham, Kindle, or Weatherspoon....LB will still need to be upgraded, personally I like Graham, and hope we can get him, Kindle on the other hand scares me a lot.

flynryan15
03-08-2010, 01:08 PM
Don't think it will be Graham way to many doubts on can he convert to a stand up olb in the 3-4. Probably trade down and pick up a guy like Weatherspoon in the 18-20 range. Then maybe a guy like Dakoda Watson in the 3rd or 4th round.

j-off-her-doll
03-08-2010, 01:12 PM
Don't think it will be Graham way to many doubts on can he convert to a stand up olb in the 3-4. Probably trade down and pick up a guy like Weatherspoon in the 18-20 range. Then maybe a guy like Dakoda Watson in the 3rd or 4th round.

Great idea: pick up two 4-3 OLB's.

flynryan15
03-08-2010, 01:17 PM
Great idea: pick up two 4-3 OLB's.

Yeah because no one has ever drafted a kid out of college and switched them to a 3-4. Amazing people love the idea of switching a pro 4-3 DE to OLB, but not a college LB.

state06
03-08-2010, 01:22 PM
ideally for me, i would trade down for another 2nd or 3rd

take Thomas or graham later in rd 1.
then take the other position above in the 2nd (LB-Hughes, NT-Thomas, Cody) i would LOVE Demaryius Thomas and getting him is becoming more realistic as it seems like he will be there for us in rd 2 and we are filling holes on the D side of the ball through FA. That, with the addition of Nolan should significantly help our D. Maybe Nolan likes what he sees out of some of our backups and we go offense 2 picks early in the draft (WR,TE). I feel our primary objective is to fix our D but giving Henne some weapons ranks right up there.

Aqua and Orange
03-08-2010, 01:26 PM
I think they will do everything to trade down, but will be unable.

That will leave us drafting one of these three:

Graham
Kindle
Spiller

I think there isn't a considerable difference between Dan Williams and the NT in round 2 like Cody and Cam, so we go NT there. 3rd round we will go WR.

RockyMtnPhinfan
03-08-2010, 01:41 PM
Everson Griffin because he is fast and the EXACT same size as Demarcus Ware is. Just a guess.

j-off-her-doll
03-08-2010, 01:55 PM
Yeah because no one has ever drafted a kid out of college and switched them to a 3-4. Amazing people love the idea of switching a pro 4-3 DE to OLB, but not a college LB.

If anything, those players would be undersized 3-4 ILB's. Collegiate 4-3 DE's often translate to 3-4 OLB's, because they're the right size and they rush the passer. Those kids are undersized and they don't rush the passer. But, nice try.