PDA

View Full Version : My Updated Mock: Tell me what you think (4 rounds)

cobbs321
03-07-2010, 11:13 PM
im pretty confident Clark will be a dolphin after his visit.
so now that we have ILB and FS filled here is my updated mock

1st: NT Dan Williams Tenn.: A true force against the run, not a 2 down player like Cody, and i think he can develop into a better pass rusher with Nolan

2nd: OLB Jerry Hughes TCU: Probably the only true 3-4 OLB in the draft. I had B. Graham with our 1st but ive been reading sites like walter football and they have Graham being drafted only as a DE. Hughes has great potential and dominated tackles this year in college football.

3rd: WR Dexter McCluster Ole Miss: Amazing explosiveness, wildcat maybe? if he isn't there than i say we will take Gillyard

4th: TE Dennis Pitta BYU: I know everyone wants Jimmy but the fact is Pitta is better than Jimmy. Pitta can block well and catch dang near everything.

tell me what you think

X-Pacolypse
03-07-2010, 11:13 PM
Nice job.

hooshoops
03-07-2010, 11:15 PM
i think the players are all very good...i think you'll be damn lucky to see jerry hughes on the board at pick #43 and lucky to have mccluster available at #74 and pitta at #108...

good players just going higher imo...

i don't see gilyard as what we need to complete this wr core and definitely don't see his value at #74...

so many teams play the 3-4 now and need wolb pass rushers that jerry hughes i don't think makes it out of round 1...heck he's a top 20 player available imo

cobbs321
03-07-2010, 11:24 PM
Hughes has one downside and thats his size, but every mock i see he is picked in the 2nd and even walter football has us taking him in the 2nd.

hooshoops
03-07-2010, 11:27 PM
who gives a damn where walterfootball has him...rate him yourself off your own study...hughes is 6 ft 2 and i think 257 lbs...i don't know what the size knock is...

he's ultraproductive on tape...i mean downright dominant in some games...check out the utah game tape...it's sick...and there's a lot more tape just like it

MiamiDolfan85
03-07-2010, 11:28 PM
Hughes is a WOLB,and Wake is going to be playing WOLB....thats not gonna work out....besides,hes probably going late in the first anyways after the combine.

Dan Williams or Cam Thomas are the only 3-4 NT's 'd consider in the first 4 rounds...However,the distance Dan has on Cam is very slim,so I think it'd be wise to wait til the 3rd round to get a NT,besides Parcells doesnt take WR's,NT's or S's in the early....

Astrosback
03-07-2010, 11:28 PM
i think the players are all very good...i think you'll be damn lucky to see jerry hughes on the board at pick #43 and lucky to have mccluster available at #74 and pitta at #108...

good players just going higher imo...

i don't see gilyard as what we need to complete this wr core and definitely don't see his value at #74...

They would all be good values where they are picked. They COULD be gone but they COULD be there too.

I think the best "values" we could get would probably be...

Round 1.) Derrick Morgan - Could make it to our pick with a run on OTs or if JPP jumps him.

Round 2.) Arrelious Benn - Could make it to our pick if Golden Tate jumps him.

Round 3.) Jonathan Dwyer - Will probably go after Spiller, Best, Ryan Mathews and McCluster are off the board which could push him to the 3rd. Lots of vet FA RBs could devalue roolie runners too.

Round 4.) Aaron Hernandez - If some of the more "complete" TEs (like Gresham, Gronkowski, McCoy and Dickson) go ahead of him, and then Dorin Dickerson jumps him as the first H-Back off the board, then he could slide.

hooshoops
03-07-2010, 11:34 PM
Hughes is a WOLB,and Wake is going to be playing WOLB....thats not gonna work out....besides,hes probably going late in the first anyways after the combine.

Dan Williams or Cam Thomas are the only 3-4 NT's 'd consider in the first 4 rounds...However,the distance Dan has on Cam is very slim,so I think it'd be wise to wait til the 3rd round to get a NT,besides Parcells doesnt take WR's,NT's or S's in the early....

i don't think it's a guarantee that wake will be the wolb...did you see the breakdown of mike nolans defense that ck did??? i can see wake unless he shows more from a standup position being viewed as the 3rd rusher with his hand in the dirt on pass downs... still a situational player

hughes is most effective on tape from stand up position...perfect for olb...i'm not saying hughes is in play cause i'm pretty much just guessing right now as to what wake is long term and i agree that i'd like to see wake be able to handle the wolb on an every down basis but i do know that if wake isn't that guy there's no reason that jerry hughes shouldn't be up for consideration...

i'd like to wait til pick #74 for cam thomas also but i think it's a risky proposition...i don't agree that he's as close to dan williams as you state though...i see dan williams as a guy who could start for many teams from day 1 on the nose i see cam thomas as a rotational player early on at least...

cobbs321
03-07-2010, 11:34 PM
im not trying to say he sucks because and im not putting him here because walter has that im putting him here because i think we will get him. Ive watched his tape over and over and over again and he simply dominates in pass rushing.

hooshoops
03-07-2010, 11:36 PM
im not trying to say he sucks because and im not putting him here because walter has that im putting him here because i think we will get him. Ive watched his tape over and over and over again and he simply dominates in pass rushing.

so the question is do you have a 2nd round grade on him??? if not why put him in the 2nd round of your mock??? wishful thinking i guess

cobbs321
03-08-2010, 12:12 AM
no its a matter of i see him falling because other teams owners aren't very smart which is why those teams that do have talent SUCK

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-08-2010, 12:49 AM
No to Dexter we have a ton of small recievers its time for a big tall physical playmaker... I say Bey Bey with the third if he is there and pick up Bryant...

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-08-2010, 12:50 AM
Also lets not draft a tight end that early I would like to get a big DE but first two pics not bad...

cheyannefan
03-08-2010, 01:21 AM
I would like an OLB at 12, NT at 43.
Brandon Graham/Everson Griffen at 12, Cam Thomas at 43.

Astrosback
03-08-2010, 01:53 AM
No to Dexter we have a ton of small recievers its time for a big tall physical playmaker... I say Bey Bey with the third if he is there and pick up Bryant...

Bey Bey may not make it to the 3rd but if he doesn't, and we still want a raw and powerful receiver (but not necessarily a WR) with 4.4 speed, what about Dorin Dickerson?

Imagine...

FA) Karlos Dansby
FA) Ryan Clark
FA) Antonio Bryant

1.) Anthony Davis - The Trio shocks the mocks and take the Rutgers junior to add to what should become the NFL's best OL. Davis can start off as our RG (to replace the regressing Donald Thomas) and provides insurance for Carey and Long.

2.) Cam Thomas - Patience pays off as we can still snag one of the draft's best NTs here.

3.) Dorin Dickerson - Great depth at TE in this class allows this physical freak to slip down here. After getting Antonio Bryant in FA to be our WR1 and Fasano in RFA to be our blocking TE, we can afford to draft the raw talent to develop as a receiving TE and H-Back. Dorin should be our answer for Dustin Keller.

4.) Linval Joseph - This guy's combine numbers (size and bench) were awesome so we double dip on NT in this draft as we have done at other positions the last couple of years. Cam and Linval should give Soliai a run for his money at starting NT.

Then look for 3-4 OLBs later as well as skill position sleepers.

#1dolphinsfan
03-08-2010, 02:00 AM
They would all be good values where they are picked. They COULD be gone but they COULD be there too.

I think the best "values" we could get would probably be...

Round 1.) Derrick Morgan - Could make it to our pick with a run on OTs or if JPP jumps him.

Round 2.) Arrelious Benn - Could make it to our pick if Golden Tate jumps him.

Round 3.) Jonathan Dwyer - Will probably go after Spiller, Best, Ryan Mathews and McCluster are off the board which could push him to the 3rd. Lots of vet FA RBs could devalue roolie runners too.

Round 4.) Aaron Hernandez - If some of the more "complete" TEs (like Gresham, Gronkowski, McCoy and Dickson) go ahead of him, and then Dorin Dickerson jumps him as the first H-Back off the board, then he could slide.
I like it except i have heard that MOrgan fits better as a DE in the 4-3 and unless Ronnie or Ricky is traded i think they is a little early for a RB. Benn i highly doubt he is there when we pick in the second also. i like hernandez he would be a good adition to our team

Astrosback
03-08-2010, 02:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9fZQpuoJ_Q

And just go to 2:30 of that clip if you don't think Dorin can help us as a blocker ...or check out his performance against JPP and George Selvie in the Pitt vs. USF game.

Dorin Dickerson seems like Bey-Bey without the broken foot.

I'd be happy with either or both!

Imgaine...

1.) Brandon Graham
2.) Demaryius Thomas
3.) Dorin Dickerson
4.) Linval Joseph

And in FA, sign NT Jamal Williams instead of Antonio Bryant.

Astrosback
03-08-2010, 02:20 AM
I like it except i have heard that MOrgan fits better as a DE in the 4-3 and unless Ronnie or Ricky is traded i think they is a little early for a RB. Benn i highly doubt he is there when we pick in the second also. i like hernandez he would be a good adition to our team

That wasn't supposed to be a mock of what I want but just the possibilities of BEST VALUES on the board for us in each round.

Right now what I would like to see is....

FA) Karlos Dansby (check)
FA) Ryan Clark (hopefully by tomorrow)

TRADE) Shaun Rogers (from CLE for Thigpen & Ginn)

1.) Anthony Davis - Surprise pick plays RG for now, franchise-tackle upside.
2.) Demaryius Thomas - Brandon Marhsall without the baggage.
3.) Dorin Dickerson - Wow! Now these are the weapons Henne wanted.
4.) Linval Joseph - NT insurance for Shaun Rogers.

FA) Chad Pennington (check)
FA) Jason Taylor
FA) Davone Bess
RFA) Anthony Fasano (check)
RFA) Ronnie Brown (check)

:hi5:

#1dolphinsfan
03-08-2010, 02:25 AM
That wasn't supposed to be a mock of what I want but just the possibilities of BEST VALUES on the board for us in each round.

Right now what I would like to see is....

FA) Karlos Dansby (check)
FA) Ryan Clark (hopefully by tomorrow)

TRADE) Shaun Rogers (from CLE for Thigpen & Ginn)

1.) Anthony Davis - Surprise pick plays RG for now, franchise-tackle upside.
2.) Demaryius Thomas - Brandon Marhsall without the baggage.
3.) Dorin Dickerson - Wow! Now these are the weapons Henne wanted.
4.) Linval Joseph - NT insurance for Shaun Rogers.

FA) Chad Pennington (check)
FA) Jason Taylor
FA) Davone Bess
RFA) Anthony Fasano (check)
RFA) Ronnie Brown (check)

:hi5:
Not bad but if we are going to go Guard with the first pick i would be more looking for Mike Iupati who is the best OG in the draft and there is no question he will be there when we pick and assuming we fill the OLB need in FA that wouldnt be a bad mock

Astrosback
03-08-2010, 02:48 AM
Not bad but if we are going to go Guard with the first pick i would be more looking for Mike Iupati who is the best OG in the draft and there is no question he will be there when we pick and assuming we fill the OLB need in FA that wouldnt be a bad mock

Iupati looked like he had a bad habit of getting his hands outside and holding a lot at the Senior Bowl. The OL pick would seem so unlikely at 12 and the only reason I had mocked it was in case the Trio just has Davis ranked as the BPA by far, and a combination of them being very concerned about Donald Thomas (regression) and Justin Smiley (health).

But yeah...we'd be looking for more OLB help.

Maybe more realistically would be...

1.) Brandon Graham
2.) Demaryius Thomas
3.) Dorin Dickerson
4.) Linval Joseph

And OL depth with some of the late picks.

But I would love to see if we could pry Shaun Rogers away from CLE for players (like Thigpen and Ginn, or Merling if we had to) so we're not too desperate for a NT going into the draft.

#1dolphinsfan
03-08-2010, 02:53 AM
Iupati looked like he had a bad habit of getting his hands outside and holding a lot at the Senior Bowl. The OL pick would seem so unlikely at 12 and the only reason I had mocked it was in case the Trio just has Davis ranked as the BPA by far, and a combination of them being very concerned about Donald Thomas (regression) and Justin Smiley (health).

But yeah...we'd be looking for more OLB help.

Maybe more realistically would be...

1.) Brandon Graham
2.) Demaryius Thomas
3.) Dorin Dickerson
4.) Linval Joseph

And OL depth with some of the late picks.

But I would love to see if we could pry Shaun Rogers away from CLE for players (like Thigpen and Ginn, or Merling if we had to) so we're not too desperate for a NT going into the draft.
i wouldnt be opposed to moving Dansby or crowder to SOLB if the coachs feel like they could play good there and draft Sean Weatherspoon i think having Dansby, Weatherspoon, Crowder, and Wake at OLB would be amazing i would love most of our LBs then i think with the addtion to a good OLB and ILB crowder could become a lot better then he was. but if we draft Graham i wouldnt be upset at all i think he will be a very good player

Danny
03-08-2010, 10:20 AM
im pretty confident Clark will be a dolphin after his visit.
so now that we have ILB and FS filled here is my updated mock

1st: NT Dan Williams Tenn.: A true force against the run, not a 2 down player like Cody, and i think he can develop into a better pass rusher with Nolan

2nd: OLB Jerry Hughes TCU: Probably the only true 3-4 OLB in the draft. I had B. Graham with our 1st but ive been reading sites like walter football and they have Graham being drafted only as a DE. Hughes has great potential and dominated tackles this year in college football.

3rd: WR Dexter McCluster Ole Miss: Amazing explosiveness, wildcat maybe? if he isn't there than i say we will take Gillyard

4th: TE Dennis Pitta BYU: I know everyone wants Jimmy but the fact is Pitta is better than Jimmy. Pitta can block well and catch dang near everything.

tell me what you think

I like Williams,but would like to move down and get an extra 2nd round pick then take Williams.......I'd rather have Kindle at 43 if he last that long and then take a TE with the other 2nd rounder......however, don't be surrised if we take Spikes at 43 if he's there.....imagine him and Dansby inside....Pitta will not be there in round 4 and might even be going in round 2.

Ozzy rules!!

Farmer
03-08-2010, 12:53 PM
I think Pitta and Dexter go in the 1st round. Hughes will be gone too.

So i dont like it, but good thoughts