PDA

View Full Version : Dan Williams not real impressive

DefensiveEnd76
03-08-2010, 12:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUMwtmHooJo

Outside of a couple of plays, he didn't do much other then get pushed backwards and knocked out of plays over and over

ColonelJ
03-08-2010, 12:34 AM
Man, I disagree. He looks like a fine player. But i don't think we should draft him though at 12 for other reasons.

Troysif
03-08-2010, 12:36 AM
I agree. I haven't seen him play until that. He also doesn't look big enough to be a Nose Tackle. EDIT: i guess his measurable show that he has the size.

al711
03-08-2010, 01:07 AM
That was a great!!! ROLL TIDE!!! sorry I got carried away...I would not take this guy at 12, 43rd maybe,I'd rather have Cody than Williams.

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-08-2010, 01:10 AM
I think it will be a reach gettin him at 12 IMO I think if we get him we should trade down...

j-off-her-doll
03-08-2010, 01:26 AM
I'm curious to see if there are any under-the-radar prospects they like. As I see it, We'll probably get a NT in the 2nd (C. Thomas or T. Cody). If not, then maybe the 4th or 6th.

For the record, back in November, I predicted our first two picks would be B. Graham and T. Cody. Don't hate my chances.

ColonelJ
03-08-2010, 01:28 AM
Interesting that Denver knew they could take Williams or Cody, but chose to get Bannan in FA.

Elliott 1
03-08-2010, 03:54 AM
There are a lot of teams desperate for a NT.

Both Buffalo and the Redskins are converting to the 3-4 and need NT's; and I meant the plural. Haynesworth and Stroud could play NT, but both teams want them playing DE, so ya, these two teams need both a starter and a backup.

KC may need two as well. They at least need one.

San Diego cut Jamaal Williams. They need at least one.

Then there are several other teams that may grab a potential 3-4 NT to play in their 3-4.

I have seen mocks that have Dan Williams going to the Vikings because this is Pat Williams last year.

Personally, I think Dan Williams may be drafted by Buffalo in the 1st.

I would like to see the Dolphins draft Linval Joeseph and Martin Tevaseau.

I think Joeseph could play nose or end. If Tevaseau works out well, the Linval could move to end and if Tevaseau didn't make it Linval could play NT.

But Joeseph has gone from a 6th round prospect to 3rd round prospect because of the way he "killed it" at the combine. He may have to taken with the 73rd pick.

justdev7
03-08-2010, 04:53 AM
man that really surprised me. I guess I've never noticed how easily he gets redirected. This really changes my line of thought regarding the draft. I still feel like he's a solid player but I really thought he was an option at 12 but now I don't think so.

enduro
03-08-2010, 10:24 AM
That was a great!!! ROLL TIDE!!! sorry I got carried away...I would not take this guy at 12, 43rd maybe,I'd rather have Cody than Williams.

it will be cody #1

Chubby
03-08-2010, 10:26 AM
it will be cody #1
It wil not be Cody #1. He's barely a top 30 talent at this point. But we would select with #43 imo.
Chubbs

2413fanphins
03-08-2010, 10:33 AM
I'd be comfortable with cody at 43.

ticophin
03-08-2010, 11:37 AM
Everson Griffen-Graham-Kindle-Dez Bryant-CJ Spiller @ 12
Jerry Hughes-Spoon-Benn-Cam Thomas-Odrick-@ 43
Id be up for any combination of these players

52CANES
03-08-2010, 11:51 AM
I'm curious to see if there are any under-the-radar prospects they like. As I see it, We'll probably get a NT in the 2nd (C. Thomas or T. Cody). If not, then maybe the 4th or 6th.

For the record, back in November, I predicted our first two picks would be B. Graham and T. Cody. Don't hate my chances.

I could be really happy with that... then take Cam Thomas in the 2nd if Cody is gone.

Kdawg954
03-08-2010, 12:14 PM
If We sign Ryan Clark, then we are down to NT, OLB, WR and CJ Spiller.

I don't think we take Dez Bryant. We will sign a veteran WR for atleast next year, and if the youngsters have not improved, we will draft one of the guys in the 2011 draft.

Dan Williams definitely would be a reach, but would fill a HUGE need. Takes care of NT for this team for a good while. Big time stuffer against the run, needs to develop some sort of pass rush. He would NOT be the BPA at 12, but I wouldn't be too upset about the selection. Him and Soliai will form a nice BIG young NT tandem. If we pass on him at 12 . . . I'm sure this Front Office has their eyes on somebody later.

If OLB wasn't so deep in this draft, I would have said this is the no brainer pick now, but maybe not. If they think they can get a guy like Kindle or Hughes in round 2, I could see them reaching for Dan Williams if he is there and banking that a name will fall. At 12 though, you have to think Brandon Graham, Derrick Morgan or Everson Griffen looks tempting, especially Graham, who you know has that non stop motor and can play on the strongside probably better than any of these guys. I think there is no way we DON't address OLB with one of our first 2 picks.

CJ Spiller, electric returner and RB . . . Chris Johnsonesque talent and speed, can play some WR ala Percy Harvin . . . really Percy Harvin is a great comparison except CJ has shown to be much more durable. He IMO would be BPA and provide the need that alot of peole are forgetting . . . WEAPON. We don't have many weapons on offense, CJ is that. You bring in CJ Spiller and give Henne a veteran WR like Bryant and a pass catching TE later in the draft . . . that is a solid plan in my eyes . . . and if the WR's still don't improve, you dip into what may end up one of the GREAT WR drafts in 2011. I'm really liking the CJ Spiller idea alot more . . . but I do want to see a veteran WR brought in prior to the draft.

52CANES
03-08-2010, 12:28 PM
It's very tempting to take Spiller @ 12... VERY.

1. Spiller
2. Jerry Hughes/Kindle/
3. Best NT Avail
4. Jimmy Graham/Pitta

Imagine 1 offseason filling RB/playmaker, OLB, ILB, FS, NT, pass catching TE

Then also grabbing a veteran, stop-gap, not great but better than we have WR like Antonio Bryant... and maybe a project WR if turner isn't going to materialize.

Thats HUGE HUGE upgrade to Offense AND Defense...plus consider young player improvement....

2011 maybe hit the WR and a big RB among other things...

nolefin
03-08-2010, 03:45 PM
I Thought He Looked Great And Would Be Happy If We Drafted Him

ticophin
03-08-2010, 04:56 PM

1. Spiller
2. Jerry Hughes/Kindle/
3. Best NT Avail
4. Jimmy Graham/Pitta

Imagine 1 offseason filling RB/playmaker, OLB, ILB, FS, NT, pass catching TE

Then also grabbing a veteran, stop-gap, not great but better than we have WR like Antonio Bryant... and maybe a project WR if turner isn't going to materialize.

Thats HUGE HUGE upgrade to Offense AND Defense...plus consider young player improvement....

2011 maybe hit the WR and a big RB among other things...

1. Spiller
2. Hughes
3. Cam Thomas
4. Jimmy Graham...would work for me!!!!:hi5:

etsudolfan
03-08-2010, 06:14 PM
If We sign Ryan Clark, then we are down to NT, OLB, WR and CJ Spiller.

I don't think we take Dez Bryant. We will sign a veteran WR for atleast next year, and if the youngsters have not improved, we will draft one of the guys in the 2011 draft.

Dan Williams definitely would be a reach, but would fill a HUGE need. Takes care of NT for this team for a good while. Big time stuffer against the run, needs to develop some sort of pass rush. He would NOT be the BPA at 12, but I wouldn't be too upset about the selection. Him and Soliai will form a nice BIG young NT tandem. If we pass on him at 12 . . . I'm sure this Front Office has their eyes on somebody later.

If OLB wasn't so deep in this draft, I would have said this is the no brainer pick now, but maybe not. If they think they can get a guy like Kindle or Hughes in round 2, I could see them reaching for Dan Williams if he is there and banking that a name will fall. At 12 though, you have to think Brandon Graham, Derrick Morgan or Everson Griffen looks tempting, especially Graham, who you know has that non stop motor and can play on the strongside probably better than any of these guys. I think there is no way we DON't address OLB with one of our first 2 picks.

CJ Spiller, electric returner and RB . . . Chris Johnsonesque talent and speed, can play some WR ala Percy Harvin . . . really Percy Harvin is a great comparison except CJ has shown to be much more durable. He IMO would be BPA and provide the need that alot of peole are forgetting . . . WEAPON. We don't have many weapons on offense, CJ is that. You bring in CJ Spiller and give Henne a veteran WR like Bryant and a pass catching TE later in the draft . . . that is a solid plan in my eyes . . . and if the WR's still don't improve, you dip into what may end up one of the GREAT WR drafts in 2011. I'm really liking the CJ Spiller idea alot more . . . but I do want to see a veteran WR brought in prior to the draft.
#12 may or may not be a reach for Williams. I think in any other draft he would be a top 10 pick...but because of Suh and McCoy, he falls out of that range. I think he would be a solid pick though. People point out the Alabama tape, but here is some more tape of him
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ8_Y_Rgh6w

Roman529
03-08-2010, 06:19 PM
I think we trade down from the #12 pick and get an extra second rounder. Use our first overall pick for Brandon Graham and we get a great tackler and a guy who can rush the QB. Then take Nose Tackle Cam Thomas in the 2nd and the best WR available.

Roman529
03-08-2010, 06:23 PM

1. Spiller

I also really love Spiller and think taking him at #12 would not be a bad thing with the uncertainty about Ronnie and Ricky. Parcells/Ireland should maybe float rumors that we are definitely taking Spiller so the teams that really want a RB after us start sweating hard....maybe we could get a pick or two to trade down. :hi5:

skipp2myloo13
03-08-2010, 06:45 PM
It is kinda dumb to take a RB early with all the money we paid on our line. Any RB should do fine with our power blocking scheme. But Spiller is special. He has to be considered.