PDA

View Full Version : Trade with Packers for 1 and 2

normaniii
03-08-2010, 12:22 PM
Unless Berry drops to 12 I think there is a real possibility we can make this trade.

The Packers have a superb D, superb weapons with a young inside OLine. They have just re-signed Clifton and have one glaring need........TACKLE.

There is always a run on tackles in 1st round and there is no question that the 49ers also want a tackle with pick 13.

I think there is real value in trading with packers for their 1 and 2, as they could then draft someone like Bulaga/T.Williams/B.Campbell if available with our pick at #12.

With the addition of Dansby and Clark, this will open up the draft, with 5 picks in top 4 rounds, especially with the depth at OLB and NT.

I can then see us just picking up the BPA and filling holes through-out our roster at WR, TE, NT, OLB and ILB.

I would love:-

1 - Graham - Would allow JT & Cw to remain as pure pass rushers.
2a - T.Cody - Glaring need now JF out and him and Solai could split time
2b - Demaryius Thomas - physical WR........a need!
3 - J.Graham - despite injury would have gone in 1st and would help Henne.
4 - D.Sharpton - Not the biggest and not ideal for BP, but I think Nolan would have big say in picking up a fluid ILB for passing downs.

This would be my wet dream!

hooshoops
03-08-2010, 12:50 PM
or they can sit there at their pick and get a solid tackle in a draft loaded with them...

52CANES
03-08-2010, 02:36 PM
We should try to get a high 2nd for next year's first... like if we could get #33-37

#1dolphinsfan
03-08-2010, 02:39 PM
if we trade down i hope we draft A. Benn and go Defense and one TE the rest of the draft

fgrocker
03-08-2010, 03:02 PM
If Berry falls to 12, I think the possibility of trading down would be much more likely. Just not with Green Bay.

Green Bay has no desire to trade up unless OTs go on an early run, which isn't too likely. The only reason people keep bringing GB up in mock trades is because they most closely match our #12 pick value on the draft trade value chart. It would make no sense for them to trade up when their position of greatest need is one of the deepest in the draft.

2413fanphins
03-08-2010, 04:18 PM
if we trade down i hope we draft A. Benn and go Defense and one TE the rest of the draft

I really like benn as well. I live in IOWA and have seen more than a handful of benns games. although two years ago was much better. last year as a whole especially the qb for whatever reason just sucked.

he has the stature I love in a WR. and skills to boot. I think he could really make something of himself. and lately, our FO sure does have a crush on the big ten players.

I hope he is our target.

foozool13
03-08-2010, 05:10 PM

Hi route running is considered his biggest weakness. We already have a 6'5" WR who cant run routes...no thanks!

normaniii
03-08-2010, 07:43 PM
If Berry falls to 12, I think the possibility of trading down would be much more likely. Just not with Green Bay.

Green Bay has no desire to trade up unless OTs go on an early run, which isn't too likely. The only reason people keep bringing GB up in mock trades is because they most closely match our #12 pick value on the draft trade value chart. It would make no sense for them to trade up when their position of greatest need is one of the deepest in the draft.

Maybe others, but not myself. Texans would make better fit for a 'point chart'.

Over last 3 yrs there has been a run on tackles and I think the same will occur again. The Packers have very little needs and after signing Clifton, I believe if they can get a quality tackle they can make a serious superbowl push.

My thinking was, that SF and Seahawks pick after us and also need tackles!

52CANES
03-08-2010, 07:46 PM

BITE YOUR TONGUE