PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins scout spotted at Utah Pro Day

MiamiDolfan85
03-08-2010, 06:40 PM
per Armando Salguero twitter....

Armando Salguero

By the way, Utah had its Pro Day today. Source tells me Dolphins repped by a scout at the workout. Obviously Sean Smith played @ Utah.

Speculation is that its Todd Bowles,the same scout that went to Sean Smith's pro day....

#1dolphinsfan
03-08-2010, 06:43 PM
I wouldn't mind Robert Johnson in later rounds

SamIam
03-08-2010, 06:52 PM
I think there were looking at Koa Misi... now many of you will say who??

Very good DE pass rusher with a chance to play OLB

j-off-her-doll
03-08-2010, 07:05 PM
They were probably looking at both Johnson and Misi, but I think they're much more interested in Misi. Some people have him going as high as the 2nd. In other drafts, he might go as high as late 1st, but this year, I can see him falling to the 4th. Either way, he's an interesting prospect.

ColonelJ
03-08-2010, 07:19 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1245666?tag=pageRow;pageContainer

hooshoops
03-08-2010, 07:43 PM
i sure hope it was misi cause robert johnson does nothing for me...

misi is underrated i have a 3rd round value on him...can do many things but not great at really anything...kind of reminds me of a mike vrabel like player...underrated glue player that's on your roster for 10 years

just seems like he's a guy that gets overlooked somewhat

j-off-her-doll
03-08-2010, 08:10 PM
i sure hope it was misi cause robert johnson does nothing for me...

misi is underrated i have a 3rd round value on him...can do many things but not great at really anything...kind of reminds me of a mike vrabel like player...underrated glue player that's on your roster for 10 years

just seems like he's a guy that gets overlooked somewhat

Think he might be there in the 4th. If he's there in the 4th, I wouldn't mind going NT in the 2nd and D. Thomas or Pitta in the 3rd. It's a tricky draft. I think it's most important, though, to get maximum value out of OLB and then pick up a NT.

Really, I might go OLB, OLB, NT or OLB, NT, OLB and then Pitta or the best TE available in the 4th. S. Long intrigues me, but I think he vaulted himself into the 4th or 5th. If he's there in the 6th, though, I'd feel better about him there than I would Tate in the 2nd.

Mr. Magoo
03-09-2010, 04:21 AM
Might also have been looking at late-round WR David Reed. I remember reading somewhere Sean Smith saying he was hard to cover in practice. Coaches and scouts do pay attention to those kinds of recommendations, particularly from starting CBs who played a lot of man coverage in college who say that about WRs.

Lord Of Miami
03-09-2010, 09:18 AM

Speculation is that its Todd Bowles,the same scout that went to Sean Smith's pro day....

Todd Bowles isn't a scout...............So when Armando says " Source tells me Dolphins repped by a scout at the workout. Obviously Sean Smith played @ Utah"" he isn't talking about Todd Bowles.

If he would of said "Source tell me Dolphins repped by defensive back coach of the Miami Dolphins " then he would of been talking about Todd Bowles

Troysif
03-09-2010, 10:07 AM
Todd Bowles isn't a scout...............So when Armando says " Source tells me Dolphins repped by a scout at the workout. Obviously Sean Smith played @ Utah"" he isn't talking about Todd Bowles.

If he would of said "Source tell me Dolphins repped by defensive back coach of the Miami Dolphins " then he would of been talking about Todd Bowles

Todd Bowles can still scout players.

FinaticalOne
03-09-2010, 11:25 AM

That's good to hear. I hope they are taking a really close look at Koa Misi. I've been talking about Misi on this board for the past month.

Aqua and Orange
03-09-2010, 01:31 PM
If we can somehow address NT in one of the first two rounds, I'd be happy with Misi in the 3rd. Guy sounds like an athletic freak. Much rather take a gamble on athleticism in the 3rd and not the 1st (ahem, JPP).

dr.jake
03-09-2010, 01:38 PM
FS robert johnson would be my guess.

52CANES
03-09-2010, 01:42 PM
Think he might be there in the 4th. If he's there in the 4th, I wouldn't mind going NT in the 2nd and D. Thomas or Pitta in the 3rd. It's a tricky draft. I think it's most important, though, to get maximum value out of OLB and then pick up a NT.

Really, I might go OLB, OLB, NT or OLB, NT, OLB and then Pitta or the best TE available in the 4th. S. Long intrigues me, but I think he vaulted himself into the 4th or 5th. If he's there in the 6th, though, I'd feel better about him there than I would Tate in the 2nd.

I like your 2nd idea IF we get a FA Free Safety... first 3 picks, in any order: OLB OLB NT
Then Best Available TE in the 4th.

If we don't get a FS via free agency, I think 1st 3 picks, in any order need to be OLB, NT, FS.

TheBow305
03-09-2010, 01:44 PM
I hope it's just for Robert Johnson, because I don't care much for Koa Misi.

ckparrothead
03-09-2010, 01:46 PM
If Bowles was there then obviously he'd be there to look at Robert Johnson.

But Bowles isn't a scout, he's a coach. If it were Bowles, I would think the rumor would be that a Dolphins coach was spotted at the Pro Day, not a Dolphins scout.

If it's a scout they could be looking at Zane Beadles as a Guard/Tackle prospect. They could be looking at Koa Misi. They could be looking at David Reed. Could be Stevenson Sylvester who might be my favorite prospect on the entire Utes roster. Could also be as mentioned, Robert Johnson.

MiamiDolfan85
03-09-2010, 04:30 PM

be that as it may,whether its a coach or a scout,their only going to a Pro Day to scout,so i really dont know why your having to cause a confliction...