PDA

View Full Version : Draft Tek 7 rd mock 3/9/10

jim1
03-09-2010, 10:18 AM
1. CJ Spiller

Miami
The addition of ILB Dansby alters the Dolphins plans a bit. No longer must they draft an ILB within the first 2 rounds; they are now free to address other needs. While RB doesn't fall into the glaring needs category, Spiller remains the most electric player in the draft. You build long-term contenders by taking the perceived best player available, not reaching for needs. Sure this pick could easily be Dan Williams, Earl Thomas, or an OLB. But taking a playmaker like Spiller is just as possible. - Joe Mays, Draft Tek Analyst

2. Nate Allen

Miami
The departure of Gibril Wilson after only one mediocre season leaves a hole in the secondary for Miami. Yeremiah Bell is probably the most underrated SS in the league, a lot of which has to do with him not having a competent partner next to him. While that person could be second year pro Chris Clemons, it could also be an early round pick such as Allen. - Joe Mays, Draft Tek Analyst

Carlton Mitchell
WRF
South Florida

Brandon Lang
OLB34
Troy

http://www.drafttek.com/round12010.asp

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/03/commenttwitbox-1.jpg (http://www.twitter.com/drafttek)

Chubby
03-09-2010, 10:24 AM
I am a spiller fan but too many holes at OLB,FS,NT to even consider a luxury pick as Spiller. I would even venture so far and say we need to address FS and OLB before WR.

Chubbs

Farmer
03-09-2010, 10:24 AM
That would definitely be the sexy draft some of the people here want

i wouldnt ***** and moan but i wouldnt be overly happy either

Tunaphish429
03-09-2010, 10:34 AM
They have Doren Dickerson falling to the 6th round...next mock please

PhinsTD
03-09-2010, 12:28 PM
We will find a veteran to man FS, I am almost sure of it. You can get FS's in this league pretty easily. That doesn't mean every one will work out of course.

TheBow305
03-09-2010, 01:24 PM
I'd be ok with that.

skipp2myloo13
03-09-2010, 03:30 PM
Im not a huge fan. Spiller is special but with the cash we spent on our line we shoudl be able to put an old lady at half back. I would much rather go elite saftey with that pick. any WR not Dez, Benn, Tate, or Thomas shouldnt be taken unless they are a late flyer. OLB and NT need to be seriously addressed.

j-off-her-doll
03-09-2010, 03:52 PM
That mock sucks. I love Spiller, but B. Lang is not the answer at OLB - or even an answer.

DcRy82
03-09-2010, 04:06 PM
The only way i'd ever be happy with spiller is if we get that 1st for ronnie. Even then, i'd still rather spend those firsts on Defense and wait til the 2nd or 3rd for McCluster in that scenario. But as others have said, we have Serious needs at OLB, NT, and FS.

MiamiDolfan85
03-09-2010, 04:53 PM
Brandon Lang ran a 4.99....he wouldn't stand a chance against any TE in our division,let alone the rest of the NFL...

hooshoops
03-09-2010, 09:06 PM
brandon lang isn't an olb period...not after what he ran at the combine and the way he looked in lb drills...

that ship has sailed

hooshoops
03-09-2010, 09:09 PM
there's nothing wrong with picking nate allen...i'd prefer it not be with pick #43 but after eric berry and earl thomas he's the only other fs prospect in this class that i'd be comfortable with starting week 1...