PDA

View Full Version : Uh Oh... CJ Spiller to the Bills?

esafille
03-09-2010, 11:15 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/09/bills-line-up-meeting-with-cj-spiller/

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the Bills have lined up a visit with Clemson running back C.J. Spiller for next week.

I really, really hope we don't have to face him on the Bills twice a year!

ticophin
03-09-2010, 11:18 AM
Dont worry, @ 12, well get his Kryptonite....

Etuoo33
03-09-2010, 11:23 AM
They are looking at Tebow too.... should we worry? I don't think so.

Vaark
03-09-2010, 11:25 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/09/bills-line-up-meeting-with-cj-spiller/

I wouldn't relish that, but if it's any consolation The Jills'll have the AFCE version of Wade Phillips coaching them.

Tunaphish429
03-09-2010, 11:27 AM
Good go ahead take him...Glad they have no one blocking for him..not to mention 2 running backs taken in the first round in the past 4 years or so...

Great Value!!

Dolfan4life84
03-09-2010, 11:27 AM
With what oline to block for him. Not a great fit!!

Etuoo33
03-09-2010, 11:32 AM
If the Jills pick him, he'll have a very short career. Poor kid.

SQuinn17
03-09-2010, 11:40 AM
They have much bigger needs than rb.

Pitbull13
03-09-2010, 11:47 AM
Good go ahead take him...Glad they have no one blocking for him..not to mention 2 running backs taken in the first round in the past 4 years or so...

Great Value!!

I was going to post the same thing. They have NO OL! :)

Tunaphish429
03-09-2010, 11:52 AM
Bills maybe even worse off than we were coming off that 1 and 15 year...We did have some things go are way in the offseason..Like Pennington, Jake Long...

Bills have done nothing so far this offseason..they are lucky they have all their draft picks...

Plus about 36 players are coming off of IR...that might help lol

esafille
03-09-2010, 12:08 PM
They are looking at Tebow too.... should we worry? I don't think so.

I'm not worried about facing Tebow :lol2:

FinaticalOne
03-09-2010, 12:22 PM

LOL....it wouldn't mean anything behind that offensive line. They couldn't even get Wade Smith to sign with them. That team is hurting bad on the o-line. They better forget about a RB and draft tackles with their first two picks.

WISfinfan13
03-09-2010, 12:26 PM
Buffalo, NY. Where football talent goes to die!!

TheBow305
03-09-2010, 01:23 PM
Buffalo, NY. Where football talent goes to die!!

I dunno about that man. I'd sure take Jairus Byrd and Lee Evans right now.

Aqua and Orange
03-09-2010, 01:27 PM
With no one throwing screen passes to him, no one blocking for him, and no WRs shifting attention from him, I don't think Spiller would be worrisome even if they did pick him.

TedSlimmJr
03-09-2010, 01:31 PM
I was going to post the same thing. They have NO OL! :)

They didn't need one to beat Miami apparently.....nor a head coach....nor a quarterback....

The Bills ran roughshod over the Phins in week 12 with an interim head coach....a scrub Ivy League backup quarterback....and an offensive line decimated by injuries that even healthy, would've been worse than anything Miami has ever fielded...

If the Bills do go Spiller, you can bet that twice a year he'll humiliate Miami's defense and special teams...

Clipse
03-09-2010, 05:10 PM
Let them draft Reggie Bush 2.0.

123KID
03-09-2010, 09:19 PM
even with them being such a bad team didnt we lose to them twice??

rickd13
03-09-2010, 11:49 PM
Let them draft Reggie Bush 2.0.

First of all, Spiller looks like a more instinctive runner than Reggie Bush. He looks like he will be similar to Chris Johnson rather than Reggie Bush. Spiller even looks like he has a stockier build than Johnson, and Johnson has been able to handle a large workload so far. Spiller reminds me of an even faster version of Charlie Garner. Second of all, you make it sound like Reggie Bush sucks. If Spiller ends up as a clone of Reggie Bush, he would still be a valuable, versatile weapon for any offense. Name one other offensive player in this draft that looks like he can make as big an impact in so many different ways as Spiller can.

Zounds
03-09-2010, 11:56 PM
Second of all, you make it sound like Reggie Bush sucks. If Spiller ends up as a clone of Reggie Bush, he would still be a valuable, versatile weapon for any offense.

Reggie Bush does suck, and if he didnt have a great QB and offensive coordinator and was on a team such as the Bills, he would suck even worse. Great character guy, great college player, but not a good NFL back.

rickd13
03-10-2010, 12:10 AM
Reggie Bush does suck, and if he didnt have a great QB and offensive coordinator and was on a team such as the Bills, he would suck even worse. Great character guy, great college player, but not a good NFL back.

Reggie Bush sucks? Really? He is a great return man at the very least. He is a nightmare match-up in the passing game, and he makes some big plays in the running game. I agree that he is not a 25 carry type running back. He is not instinctive enough and therefore not consistent enough to be a pure running back, but he still brings an explosive element to the Saints offense.

SRM
03-10-2010, 12:12 AM
Man, ****ty OL or not, I'd be pretty worried if they got Spiller. However, they have to be *******es to not draft OL in the 1st round. But, I guess that may happen.

Clipse
03-10-2010, 02:50 AM
First of all, Spiller looks like a more instinctive runner than Reggie Bush. He looks like he will be similar to Chris Johnson rather than Reggie Bush. Spiller even looks like he has a stockier build than Johnson, and Johnson has been able to handle a large workload so far. Spiller reminds me of an even faster version of Charlie Garner. Second of all, you make it sound like Reggie Bush sucks. If Spiller ends up as a clone of Reggie Bush, he would still be a valuable, versatile weapon for any offense. Name one other offensive player in this draft that looks like he can make as big an impact in so many different ways as Spiller can.
No, he doesn't look like Chris Johnson at all actually. Jahvid Best looks somewhat like CJ, Spiller not even a slight resemblence. Bush doesn't suck, he's average at best, but would anyone take him at #12? No. Spiller is nothing but another scat back who won't be able to run in the pros.

772Fin
03-10-2010, 03:17 AM
With no one throwing screen passes to him, no one blocking for him, and no WRs shifting attention from him, I don't think Spiller would be worrisome even if they did pick him.

To be fair, Lee Evans is pretty freaking amazing. If they had a decent quarterback, he'd be in the top ten statwise for wideouts, every year.

rickd13
03-10-2010, 08:19 AM
No, he doesn't look like Chris Johnson at all actually. Jahvid Best looks somewhat like CJ, Spiller not even a slight resemblence. Bush doesn't suck, he's average at best, but would anyone take him at #12? No. Spiller is nothing but another scat back who won't be able to run in the pros.

We will see, but I think you are wrong. He looks like a star in the making to me.

Oraclepz
03-10-2010, 07:30 PM

That would be a waste of a career... would be like owning a Lamborghini but not having enough gas money...