PDA

View Full Version : Walter Football's New Mock 3/9/10

FinaticalOne
03-09-2010, 11:41 AM
Some major changes up top (Suh, McCoy, Berry, etc) which could impact our draft:

http://walterfootball.com/draft2010.php

TXFinFan
03-09-2010, 11:56 AM
I can't tell you how pissed I would be if we took JPP at #12. Not real impressed with the rest of that draft either.

FinSolari
03-09-2010, 11:59 AM
JPP has bust written all over him. I don't think you take a player like that with the 12th pick; you want a sure solid starter. Brandon Graham is more like it.

Also, it's hard to envision Mccoy falling that much.

ROADRUNNER
03-09-2010, 11:59 AM
nooooooooooooooooooooo for our pic............FS please

FinaticalOne
03-09-2010, 12:05 PM
I hate the JPP pick too, Brandon Graham is my top choice.

FinaticalOne
03-09-2010, 12:05 PM

Just curious, what's wrong with Nate Allen?

PhinsTD
03-09-2010, 12:13 PM
The guy just decides what your needs are, then goes through and gives you a player from the positions he feels are your biggest needs in each round. In a vaccuum that's fine, but you don't draft in a vaccuum, and he doesn't seem to understand how Miami actually drafts.

That draft is very underwhelming, and we'll take two OLB types for sure. If we don't take Dan Williams, I expect us to wait on the NT position and try to develop a guy.

SnakeoilSeller
03-09-2010, 12:17 PM
All the picks makes sense, though I have a hard time believing that the Trifecta would go with JPP @ 12. I would rather TE Graham with our 4th round pick. Then we could trade next years #1 for Marshall and we would be set.

FinaticalOne
03-09-2010, 12:18 PM
The guy just decides what your needs are, then goes through and gives you a player from the positions he feels are your biggest needs in each round. In a vaccuum that's fine, but you don't draft in a vaccuum, and he doesn't seem to understand how Miami actually drafts.

That draft is very underwhelming, and we'll take two OLB types for sure. If we don't take Dan Williams, I expect us to wait on the NT position and try to develop a guy.

I'm starting to feel the same way too about our NT position.

Aqua and Orange
03-09-2010, 01:24 PM
JPP is one of the only guys mocked to us that I would dislike. Pat White should have taught them something last year with high-risk boom or bust picks.

TheBow305
03-09-2010, 01:33 PM
So let me get this straight. No one wants JPP, the guy with the most potential at OLB in this draft. And no one wants Sergio Kindle, the most Pro-Ready OLB in this draft.

We aren't taking Brandon Graham, a 6'1" OLB prospect with the #12 pick in the draft. I think everyone needs to start realizing that now. It will be so much easier when April 22nd rolls around.

Better start warming up to those others guys.

Hey, I'm rooting for Eric Berry or Dez to fall to us, but I just don't see it happening.

Chubby
03-09-2010, 01:57 PM
So let me get this straight. No one wants JPP, the guy with the most potential at OLB in this draft. And no one wants Sergio Kindle, the most Pro-Ready OLB in this draft.

We aren't taking Brandon Graham, a 6'1" OLB prospect with the #12 pick in the draft. I think everyone needs to start realizing that now. It will be so much easier when April 22nd rolls around.

Hey, I'm rooting for Eric Berry or Dez to fall to us, but I just don't see it happening.

I want nothing to do with a OLB prospect with only 7 starts who was out benched by some DB's and WR's at the combine.

Someone who needs alot of developing and very raw should not be considered in the 1st round let alone top 10 as many have him listed.

Guys like this come around every year and the same thing happens; they get overhyped, overpaid and overdrafted.

Let the Jets Draft him and then him and Vernon Gholston can work on their "potential" together.
Chubbs

SnakeoilSeller
03-09-2010, 02:12 PM
Chubbs has great points. Unfulfilled potential is practically a Chinese Proverb and quite honestly I dont feel like gambling with the 12th pick in the draft.

Farmer
03-09-2010, 02:12 PM
Hate it. JPP and the Tulane WR Hate

TedSlimmJr
03-09-2010, 02:13 PM

When you have to keep using the word "potential" in order to justify the prospect.....that pretty much says it all....

I'd take Brandon Graham over Pierre-Paul 10 times out of 10.....even if he was 5'9"...

newlownorder
03-09-2010, 02:28 PM
Dude is obsessed with giving us Jeremy Williams.

TheBow305
03-09-2010, 03:02 PM
When you have to keep using the word "potential" in order to justify the prospect.....that pretty much says it all....

I'd take Brandon Graham over Pierre-Paul 10 times out of 10.....even if he was 5'9"...

That's great, but I don't think Parcells will.

And maybe not JPP, but it most certainly could be Sergio Kindle.

SnakeoilSeller
03-09-2010, 03:05 PM
Hate it. JPP and the Tulane WR Hate

How do you really feel?

skipp2myloo13
03-09-2010, 03:23 PM
That's great, but I don't think Parcells will.

And maybe not JPP, but it most certainly could be Sergio Kindle.

Why do you feel so strongly that they are so good, when all of us put our dew dilligence forth and come to the conclusion that we dont want to be anywhere near this team.

enduro
03-09-2010, 03:26 PM
Some major changes up top (Suh, McCoy, Berry, etc) which could impact our draft:

if we don't draft t cody #1 i could see us draft haden the cb and move one of our cbs to safety.

skipp2myloo13
03-09-2010, 03:30 PM
if we don't draft t cody #1 i could see us draft haden the cb and move one of our cbs to safety.

facepalm. to both of your suggestions.

TheBow305
03-09-2010, 03:33 PM
Why do you feel so strongly that they are so good, when all of us put our dew dilligence forth and come to the conclusion that we dont want to be anywhere near this team.

Because bottom line, Sergio Kindle is the most Pro-Ready OLB prospect in this draft. Graham may come in at #2 or 3 in that department, but he's also 6'1". And everyone can choose to ignore that if they want, but Parcells won't, he never has.

You may not like JPP, and that's fine, I understand the immense risk of taking him so high. But he is such a talent, a Top 10 talent. And while everyone gushes about how they would LOVE if Dez or Berry fell to us at #12, and would take him in a heartbeat, JPP arguably must fall into that same stance. He is every bit as talented as every player ranked in the top 10.

And for the life of me I can't understand why people don't want Sergio Kindle. He's got freakish ability as well, already has the most experience at LB of any of these "conversion" guys, and has played in a winning program under GREAT coaching. He's the guy I want if we go OLB in the 1st. Take the guess work out of it, and I think Parcells could agree if he chooses to go the OLB route.

skipp2myloo13
03-09-2010, 03:42 PM
his is a strait line player. He uses his speed to get in the backfield. He doesnt seem to be able to really use his hands or technique well enough to fight off fast kick stepping lineman. He will get his lunch eaten if he tried to rush past everyone like he did in college. I just dont see him being able to drop back to coverage or really dominate in the run game. He is a pass rusher and we need a SOLB. IMO.

NRA
03-09-2010, 03:43 PM
Dan Williams, I expect us to wait on the NT position and try to develop a guy

DAN WILLIAMS isnt a NT. he has been a DT in a 4-3 scheme his whole football
life. for some reason, everyone on these boards are calling him a NT. he is NOT
a NT and never has been.

so when guys are talking "developing" a nt, thats what you would be doing with
williams. just because a guy was a good DT in college or anywhere else doesnt
mean they are natural NT's. most cant do it at all.

you dont take a PROSPECT at ANY position hi in the draft. PERIOD!! expecially
one who could only bench 22 reps at the combine.

dan willams does NOT have the experiance or strength to be an nfl NT.

now, if the finz are adamant about a NT at the #12, then just draft TERRRENCE CODY who IS a NT and a dominant one. he showed he is serious about his weight
as he lost almost 30 lbs coming to the combine. his bench press was 34 reps. think
of him after going through an off season of parcells work out and weight routine and
practicing in those florida hot, humid afternoons! he wont be a fat boy for long, even
if he does get lazy about weight in an off season. but i think he is taking his pro
career serious. showing up like he did at the combine shedding the pounds he did
shows he knows what he has to do. GREAT SIGN!!! doing it before he is forced to.

go for the real deal, a guy who IS a nt if thats a must with our 1st rounder, not a
DT who doesnt have the strength or leverage or experiance.

dan williams would be the ABSOLUTE WORST PIC at #12 that we could do.

NRA
03-09-2010, 03:59 PM
And everyone can choose to ignore that if they want, but Parcells won't, he never has.

DO YOU really think that MIKE NOLAN came here to run bill parcells scheme on
defense? i dont think so.

all this parcells this, parcells that. guys just dont want to face the facts that bill
is a rear echelon executive who is letting his coaches draft and coach as they
see fit. he says so HIMSELF that this is what he is doing!

mike nolan didnt meet with parcells and have him agree to come here only if he
follows his defense and player restrictions.

brandon graham wouldnt be ANY better if he was two inches taller. get out a tape
measure [or unzip your fly] and look at two inches.

and how many players that are 3 and 4 inches taller than him in this draft that dont
have anywhere near his production? being 4 inches taller, shouldnt they be better?

now, looking into your fly....errrr tape measure, you can see how miniscual and inch
or two is. i dont see his play being any better 2 inches taller.

you have game, or you dont. you have skills, or you dont. you have heart, or you dont. you understand the game, or you dont. you produce, or you dont.

and if bill parcells would look at a player with that kind of game and crap can him
over 2 inches, then he is an absolute idiot!!

i personally think that brandon graham is the MODEL parcells player. big school,
big production, model citizen. plays pass and run and DOMINATES!!

will they draft him at #12? dont know. but i do know one thing, they are not going
to pass him up because of an inch or two. it will just be because they want another
position [safety, wr] over olb. thats it!!

MIKE NOLAN has never set any hard or fast "rules" as far as players height goes on
defense and i dont see him doing it now. i think with nolan, if you can play, you
can play. and thats the way it should be for the most part.

[just having fun with the "fly" thing. not flaming or stiring the pot]

dolfan91
03-09-2010, 04:03 PM

KICKERS ARE PEOPLE TOO!!!

MiamiDolfan85
03-09-2010, 04:43 PM

I dont like any of them....at all...

Morgan Burnett is better than Allen...why would we not just take him in the third,instead of getting Allen at 43....

NO MORE ALLENS!!!:cerror:

MiamiDolfan85
03-09-2010, 04:48 PM
facepalm. to both of your suggestions.
wait a minute now,I think he might be on to something....

maybe instead of letting our briefly experienced corners getting settled in,we can blow
up the process and draft another inexperienced corner,and trade him for another corner!

Its the perfect plan!

XxfeensterxX
03-09-2010, 05:08 PM
We wont take Brandon Graham because he is only 6'1"? Yeah, worked out pretty good for Lamarr Woodley.

Not to mention Brandon Graham has gone up against a Top-tier NFL LT in Jake Long, and that must have definitely helped him learn the OLB posistion.

Honestly , Other then Eric Berry/Suh, Brandon Graham might be the best pick for our team. He is what we need at SOLB. I know picking him at #12 is a bit of a reach in most peoples opinions ,but this guy is a NFL star in the making.
(http://www.nfl.com/players/lamarrwoodley/profile?id=WOO324724)

SamIam
03-09-2010, 05:14 PM
Because bottom line, Sergio Kindle is the most Pro-Ready OLB prospect in this draft. Graham may come in at #2 or 3 in that department, but he's also 6'1". And everyone can choose to ignore that if they want, but Parcells won't, he never has.

You may not like JPP, and that's fine, I understand the immense risk of taking him so high. But he is such a talent, a Top 10 talent. And while everyone gushes about how they would LOVE if Dez or Berry fell to us at #12, and would take him in a heartbeat, JPP arguably must fall into that same stance. He is every bit as talented as every player ranked in the top 10.

And for the life of me I can't understand why people don't want Sergio Kindle. He's got freakish ability as well, already has the most experience at LB of any of these "conversion" guys, and has played in a winning program under GREAT coaching. He's the guy I want if we go OLB in the 1st. Take the guess work out of it, and I think Parcells could agree if he chooses to go the OLB route.

I agree with everything you said about Sergio Kindle.... I like Graham but I think Kindle is the most ready OLB prospect on the entire draft and can start from day 1 , I have seen him drop back in coverage several times along with his great pass rush.

I have said it before in that he looks like BP type of player.

uga3406
03-09-2010, 05:36 PM
I can't tell you how pissed I would be if we took JPP at #12. Not real impressed with the rest of that draft either.

I agree, boy that is a brutual mock :boohoo:

krosston
03-09-2010, 05:50 PM
No way the Parcel regime invest a #12 pick on a one year wonder.

FinaticalOne
03-09-2010, 07:46 PM

Look at the quote in my sig, quoted by Bill Parcells himself. I believe he won't be sold on JPP too, not at 12.

tcolli17
03-10-2010, 02:18 AM
now, if the finz are adamant about a NT at the #12, then just draft TERRRENCE CODY who IS a NT and a dominant one. he showed he is serious about his weight
as he lost almost 30 lbs coming to the combine. his bench press was 34 reps.
When did he bench? He certainly didn't do it at the combine. And he won't do 34 reps.

dr.jake
03-10-2010, 09:59 AM
DAN WILLIAMS isnt a NT. he has been a DT in a 4-3 scheme his whole football
life. for some reason, everyone on these boards are calling him a NT. he is NOT
a NT and never has been.

so when guys are talking "developing" a nt, thats what you would be doing with
williams. just because a guy was a good DT in college or anywhere else doesnt
mean they are natural NT's. most cant do it at all.

one who could only bench 22 reps at the combine.

dan willams does NOT have the experiance or strength to be an nfl NT.

as he lost almost 30 lbs coming to the combine. his bench press was 34 reps. think
of him after going through an off season of parcells work out and weight routine and
practicing in those florida hot, humid afternoons! he wont be a fat boy for long, even
if he does get lazy about weight in an off season. but i think he is taking his pro
career serious. showing up like he did at the combine shedding the pounds he did
shows he knows what he has to do. GREAT SIGN!!! doing it before he is forced to.

go for the real deal, a guy who IS a nt if thats a must with our 1st rounder, not a
DT who doesnt have the strength or leverage or experiance.

dan williams would be the ABSOLUTE WORST PIC at #12 that we could do.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ibelieve brandon graham played DE at michagin. NOT SOLB . be crazy to draft him and try and develop him as a linebacker prospect right?

jlfin
03-10-2010, 01:25 PM

Dez's actions are going to push him out of the top 20 (no combine work, won't workout during his team's pro day). He's got prima donna written all over him. There is no way this regime picks this guy.

chon-ji
03-10-2010, 01:48 PM
one who could only bench 22 reps at the combine....

as he lost almost 30 lbs coming to the combine. his bench press was 34 reps.

Williams did 27 reps and Cody didn't lift.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=72899&draftyear=2010&genpos=DT