PDA

View Full Version : Trade down partners?

Minnphin
03-09-2010, 12:47 PM
I had a dream the other night that we traded down in the draft with the Texans. After a little checking, this might actually make some sense. They're pretty hard up for a CB and there seems to only be one elite prospect at the position in this year's draft. If Haden is there, I could possibly see them trying to move up ahead of the 49ers to get a shot at him. I definitely think it'd be worth moving back to 20 to pick up another 2nd. At that point we could take a look at Earl Thomas, Dan Williams, one of the OLB's, or a Golden Tate. Any thoughts on this? Any other teams that make sense as a trade down partner?

hemidemon
03-09-2010, 12:55 PM
I would love to see Miami trade down, but that is a two way street. A trade partner has to be willing to give up proper compensation. Otherwise you're being short changed.

Minnphin
03-09-2010, 01:05 PM
I would love to see Miami trade down, but that is a two way street. A trade partner has to be willing to give up proper compensation. Otherwise you're being short changed.

Yeah...that's kind of what I'm asking in this post. Anybody see any obvious team/player fits? I remember reading last year that the 10-15 range was a prime area for trades because the salaries aren't so exorbitant but you can get a guy that's one of the top prospects at the position. I'm asking, looking at who might be there, are there any teams with big needs that might make sense as a trading partner.

normaniii
03-09-2010, 01:58 PM
I also think Texans would be after CJ Spiller.

Also the Packers, I think they would be after one of the TOP 4 OT and the 49ers and seahawks want the same who pick right behind us.

Teams wanting OT - Redskins, Cheifs, Seahawks (either with 6 or 14) Raiders and Bills. If one of top 4 and poss Cambell left I think they could trade

52CANES
03-09-2010, 02:09 PM
Yeah...that's kind of what I'm asking in this post. Anybody see any obvious team/player fits? I remember reading last year that the 10-15 range was a prime area for trades because the salaries aren't so exorbitant but you can get a guy that's one of the top prospects at the position. I'm asking, looking at who might be there, are there any teams with big needs that might make sense as a trading partner.

I don't think many teams, if any, want to trade up. I think after that 40 time, Houston would be just as happy getting Kyle Wilson @ 20 if they are so desperate for a corner.

#1dolphinsfan
03-09-2010, 02:25 PM
I would love to be able to trade down to the 20th spot and pick up Weatherspoon or Benn