PDA

View Full Version : P.White vs D.McCluster

munchkin
03-09-2010, 06:46 PM
With Pat White's athletic ability I didn't understand how the Fins didn't use him more as a utility player. He wasn't used as the receiver/hb on any screen passes, quick outs or hb swing routes. The QB draw and Off tackle stuff seemed to be the only time the coaching staff tried to utilize his athleticism.

That being said, what use would we have for D.McCluster? Who athletically seems very similar to P.White

I would love to here the a good analysis on the two and how their skills are compared to each other. I just watched video on both, and to me they are comparable. Both being ultra quick, fast but not incredible straight line speed, with great agility. McCluster seems a bit sharper with his cuts with a little better acceleration and White seemed to have better vision locating defenders and field awareness.

FinSince1971
03-09-2010, 06:53 PM
I don't think most of us saw anything from Pat White. They need to really give him an oppurtunity to contribute by increases his touches in a totally different play package because the whole wildcat look is burned out .

FinSince1971
03-09-2010, 06:54 PM
Pat White is two bad pre season games away from being labeled a bust already

Biscayne Bay
03-09-2010, 06:59 PM
Pat White never wanted to play anything other than QB and he made that clear by refusing to work out at other positions at BOTH the combine and his pro day.

If he sucks as a QB (which he does seem to), then he's probably just a busted pick b/c he really doesn't have another position - or the desire to play another position. Very, very bad pick for early round 2.

state06
03-09-2010, 09:21 PM
With Pat White's athletic ability I didn't understand how the Fins didn't use him more as a utility player. He wasn't used as the receiver/hb on any screen passes, quick outs or hb swing routes. The QB draw and Off tackle stuff seemed to be the only time the coaching staff tried to utilize his athleticism.

That being said, what use would we have for D.McCluster? Who athletically seems very similar to P.White

I would love to here the a good analysis on the two and how their skills are compared to each other. I just watched video on both, and to me they are comparable. Both being ultra quick, fast but not incredible straight line speed, with great agility. McCluster seems a bit sharper with his cuts with a little better acceleration and White seemed to have better vision locating defenders and field awareness.

Years of playing QB for white and Years of playing all skilled positions for McCluster developes a confidence that is hard to change at the NFL level. Having a QB line up at RB or WR and trying to make plays is different than having McCluster possibly take the snaps at wildcat. in the NFL, McCluster will be more dangerous. Dont expect White to be a big threat until he shows that he has the ability to not only run, put PASS