PDA

View Full Version : MoctoMom's Mock Draft & FA (with Draft Day Trade Up!)

MoctoMom
03-09-2010, 07:36 PM
NFL Mock Draft - First 12 Picks

1.) STL: Sam Bradford
2.) DET: Ndamukong Suh
3.) TB: Gerald McCoy
4.) WSH: Russell Okung

That Okung-to-Redskins pick is critical b/c the Chiefs were targeting Okung and with him gone, the Chiefs are looking to trade down so Scott Pioli calls his father-in-law...

5.) KC: TRADE*

Chiefs trade #5 overall and Dwayne Bowe to Dolphins.
Dolphins trade #12 overall, 2nd & 6th round picks, and Ted Ginn, Jr. to Chiefs.

5.) MIA*: Eric Berry
6.) SEA: Jimmy Clausen
7.) CLE: Earl Thomas
8.) OAK: Derrick Morgan
9.) BUF: Brian Bulaga
10.) JAX: Dez Bryant
11.) DEN: Rolando McClain
12.) KC*: Trent Williams

Complete Phins Draft & Offseason

1.05) Eric Berry FS Tennessee (from KC) - Impact FS and then some!
2.) Traded to KC
3.) Dorin Dickerson TE Pittsburgh - The big fast weapon Henne was dreaming of.

TRADE*

Dolphins trade Tyler Thigpen and 7th round pick to Bills.
Bills trade 4th round pick to Dolphins.

4a.) Koa Misi OLB Utah (from BUF) - Perfect for 3-4 SOLB.
4b.) Linval Joseph NT East Carolina - The anchor we need to run our D.
6a.) Traded to KC
6b.) Torrell Troupe NT Central Florida - Doubling up at a position of dire need.
6c.) Micah Johnson ILB Kentucky - 2 down only run stopping LB but a great value here.
7a.) Traded to BUF
7b.) Eric Cook C/G/T New Mexico - Versatile O-lineman who we've shown interest in.

Trade) Dwayne Bowe WR1
FA) Karlos Dansby LB
FA) Dwan Edwards DE
FA) Chad Pennington QB
FA) Jason Taylor OLB
ERFA) Davone Bess WR
RFA) Anthony Fasano TE
RFA) Ronnie Brown RB/WC

#1dolphinsfan
03-09-2010, 07:40 PM
That would be pretty Sweet but highly unlikly

MoctoMom
03-09-2010, 07:48 PM
Trade Explanation

So an mentioned, the Chiefs were hoping for Okung at 5. With Okung off the board and KC feeling like the rest of the top 5 or 6 OTs are pretty comparable, they look to trade down and who better to trade with than your own father-in-law.

We're interested in filling our FS hole with an impact FS. We failed in FA so look to the draft. There are rumblings that Earl Thomas may not even make it to 12 given the priority being given to the FS position in today's pass happy NFL and given that Earl Thomas leap frogged Joe Haden as the draft's 2nd best DB (thanks to Joe Haden's high 4.5 to time). So if we want that impact FS, we look to deal up with KC and in doing so, we look to steal Dwayne Bowe too in order to address our WR1 need.

The cost to move from 12 up to 5 is 500 points. Our 2nd round pick is worth about 470 points. We throw in our early 6th but ask for the Ginn-Bowe swap as part of the deal. Given how badly KC wants to save on contract costs by moving out of the top 10, and given how little the Chiefs HC cares for Bowe, they go for the deal.

Ginn gives KC a deep threat compliment to newly re-signed Chambers. And Ginn can relieve Jamal Charles of some of the return duties.

Bowe can be the #1 WR we've been looking for. He just needs the right motivation and some technique work and hopefully, playing for his hometown Phins is exactly what he needs to play up to his potential.

So we get the impact FS and come away with a WR1 which is why it's worth giving away the 2nd and 6th round picks.

MoctoMom
03-09-2010, 07:53 PM
That would be pretty Sweet but highly unlikly

I know Bowe for Ginn is a coup but basically, our 2nd rounder and our 6th rounder is exactly the trade value compensation that it would "cost" (based on the trade value chart) to jump from 12 to 5.

I'm thinking that we shouldn't really have to pay full/exact price for the trade up b/c many teams would love to get out of the top 10 and the contract demands that come along with those picks.

So if KC wants to get this done, we'll give them the picks but we ask for a swap of the disgruntled Bowe (who coach Haley hates anyway) for the over-drafted Ginn (who'll just never live down his draft status here in Miami).

Basically, both guys have their issues and both guys could use a change of scenery. I don't think the Bowe-Ginn swap is too much to ask if KC really wants to get this done.

Remember, the Chiefs HC had Bowe running with the 3rd and 4th stringers all last summer and didn't even let him get into the starting lineup until after the first few games. Bowe was almost as disgruntled as Brandon Marshall so it shouldn't be too hard to pry him loose.

MoctoMom
03-09-2010, 08:08 PM
MoctoMom Starters and Key Reserves

QB Henne, Pennington, White
RB Ronnie, Ricky, Hilliard, Cobbs
FB Polite
TE Dickerson, Fasano
WR Bowe, Hartline, Bess, Camarillo

LT Long
LG Smiley, Cook
OC Grove, Berger
RG Garner, Thomas
RT Carey

DE Langford, Merling
NT Joseph, Soliai, Troupe
DE Starks, Edwards

OLB Wake, JT
ILB Dansby, Torbor
ILB Crowder/Johnson
OLB Misi, Anderson

CB Vontae Davis, Jason Allen
FS Berry, Clemmons
SS Bell, Culver
CB Will Allen/Sean Smith

Bold = New Additions

TheBow305
03-09-2010, 08:30 PM
I'm pretty sure KC would laugh at that trade offer. But I would love it.

MoctoMom
03-09-2010, 08:32 PM
No Dwayne Bowe love out there?

MoctoMom
03-09-2010, 08:43 PM
I'm pretty sure KC would laugh at that trade offer. But I would love it.

Well, our 2nd and our 6th would be almost exactly what the point chart says we'd owe for the jump from 12 to 5.

Plenty of teams want to trade down to a.) get more picks and b.) get out of the huge contacts owed to the top 10 rookies.

So basically we're offering fair price and then just asking them to swap their own disgruntled #1 WR for our own #1 WR/RS.

Bowe hasn't done all that much more than Ginn thus far and as I mentioned, the Chiefs HC has had a lot of complaints about Bowe.

I don't think it's that bad an offer (or at least that's how I'd spin it to Pioli).

nate52
03-09-2010, 10:20 PM
i think the problem is the trade up to 5 might makes sense for our 1 2 and 6. Then for them to throw in Bowe for Ginn is a little to much.

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-09-2010, 10:24 PM
I just jizzed...

skipp2myloo13
03-09-2010, 10:55 PM
I would love that. Even if we keep Ginn and they keep Bowe. You gotta do what you gotta do.

skipp2myloo13
03-09-2010, 10:56 PM
im going to have to retract, the more i think about it. I would prolly be a lot cooler with Earl Thomas and Cam Thomas than Eric Berry. But i sure wouldnt cry to get Berry.

newlownorder
03-10-2010, 12:49 AM
I just jizzed...

is there a "no thanks" button?