PDA

View Full Version : OLB at 12

lucid22
03-09-2010, 07:53 PM
It is beginning to look more and more like we'll use the 12th overall pick for an OLB. We resigned Ferg, picked up Dansby via FA, and will most likely be selecting a FS through FA (Sharper, Atogwe). Unless we trade down, OLB and WR seem to be our biggest needs. I don't see us taking Dez, that is if he is even available since the FO isn't fond on receivers in the 1st round.

So, with all of this, all I have to say is, Brandon Graham, Welcome to the Miami Dolphins :up:

52CANES
03-09-2010, 07:58 PM
Yeah if you need 1 OLB and 1 WR then I'd likely get the OLB every time... and, we need TWO OLB.

lucid22
03-09-2010, 08:02 PM
Yeah if you need 1 OLB and 1 WR then I'd likely get the OLB every time... and, we need TWO OLB.

Any ideas of any good OLBs projected in the second? Maybe Jerry Hughes?

truedolfan57
03-09-2010, 08:05 PM
Any ideas of any good OLBs projected in the second? Maybe Jerry Hughes?

I hope Navarro Bowman falls...

or Jerry Hughes

spiketex
03-09-2010, 08:25 PM
Don't forget about Weatherspoon! The number 12 spot may be just a tad high but he looks like a terrific prospect. 'Spoon is a gamer..

Tiko377
03-09-2010, 08:25 PM
Don't forget about Weatherspoon! The number 12 spot may be just a tad high but he looks like a terrific prospect. 'Spoon is a gamer..

only way we take him is if we trade down.

3rdandinches
03-09-2010, 08:29 PM
I really hope we trade back for more picks!

Elliott 1
03-09-2010, 08:32 PM
It makes no sense to use the 12th pick on an OLB when nobody in the world is on the same page as far as which player or players are the best prospects.

Might as well draft a sure thing with the 12 and draft OLB at a later time when you know you are getting value.

And for God's sake re-sign JT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

truedolfan57
03-09-2010, 08:34 PM
It makes no sense to use the 12th pick on an OLB when nobody in the world is on the same page as far as which player or players are the best prospects.

Might as well draft a sure thing with the 12 and draft OLB at a later time when you know you are getting value.

And for God's sake re-sign JT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
who exactly is a for sure thing at 12?

ColonelJ
03-09-2010, 08:34 PM
Griffen is a good pure OLB prospect for us sizewise.
Brandon Graham is very good W or SOLB as well, but maybe too stout to drop in coverage.
Hughes can play inside and outside anywhere because he's very quick and strong.
Worilds is a liability in run, good prospects but needs time.
Weatherspoon would replace Crowder in our system. He is a W mike purely in 3-4.
Washington is a third down passing situations ILB. Strictly situational player.
Koa Misi is simlar to Hughes. Can play both inside and outside and play well.
Kindle and JPP are interesting because of the athleticism but not #12 talent because they lack immediate impact imo.

ChambersWI
03-09-2010, 08:56 PM
with Clark spurning us, Earl Thomas at safety is becoming more and more appealing (I doubt Berry will be there)

lucid22
03-09-2010, 09:01 PM
with Clark spurning us, Earl Thomas at safety is becoming more and more appealing (I doubt Berry will be there)

Thats a viable option but don't you think thats a reach? I'm not sure, I know Mike Mayock from NFL network has him listed as the best safety in the draft so maybe it's doable.

ChambersWI
03-09-2010, 09:05 PM
Thats a viable option but don't you think thats a reach? I'm not sure, I know Mike Mayock from NFL network has him listed as the best safety in the draft so maybe it's doable.

me personally? No. I originally had him as our pick way back in January. He's just starting to get noticed more nationally, but he was always a top 20 pick IMO. Would it be nice to move back to 15-18 and get him? Yeah, but it may not happen. Very good player, whose only knock is size.

dr.jake
03-09-2010, 09:08 PM
[QUOTE=Elliott 1;1063357695]It makes no sense to use the 12th pick on an OLB when nobody in the world is on the same page as far as which player or players are the best prospects.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
amen.olb's are the deepest position in this draft and it's paperclip thin between an angerer or edds. fwiw that penn state kid sean lee has the tools.

state06
03-09-2010, 09:09 PM

i dont think he is any more a reach as taking any of the OLB that will be there. take him

lucid22
03-09-2010, 09:17 PM
i dont think he is any more a reach as taking any of the OLB that will be there. take him

Well I'm all for it depending on one thing, whether we sign a safety in FA or not. If we do, I say we go OLB probably in the first two rounds, and if not, then Earl Thomas sounds like a good option.