PDA

View Full Version : Mike Mayock says, Cam Thomas over Cody. Agree?

52CANES
03-09-2010, 08:01 PM
I am still pretty sure I would take Cody over Cam Thomas.

?

IAG
03-09-2010, 08:02 PM
Yes....However, I like Dan Williams at 12.

52CANES
03-09-2010, 08:04 PM

I wouldnt be upset with that. So hard with choice of almost any OLB or 1 of the top 2 FS in the draft still available...

TheBow305
03-09-2010, 08:35 PM
I totally disagree. I like Mayock, but I think he's off on this one.

I'll take a guy like Cody, who dominated at times against some of the best competition in College Football in the SEC, over a guy who showed next to nothing in the ACC. Sure, Cam Thomas has the build and is the prototypical nose, but I just don't see what the big deal is with this guy. Very overrated IMO.

WaxOn WaxOff
03-09-2010, 08:47 PM

Dan Williams is not much better than Cam Thomas, who could be had in the 2nd surely. Take a difference maker at #12.

DefensiveEnd76
03-10-2010, 12:11 AM
Cody will be a big fat lazy turd in the NFL. He will never be in shape and will probably eat himself out of the league. I don't want him.

Ricky4Life
03-10-2010, 12:30 AM
Give me Thomas over Cody. Cody has weight problems and would have to drop a ton of weight to be our NT. I mean look at Paul, the FO gave him all kinds of trouble for being over weight. Why go into that knowing Cody will have the same problems??

Mr. Magoo
03-10-2010, 12:37 AM
Thomas shows better discipline off the field but generally less effort on it (Senior Bowl week excepted). Cody is a huge man, a slob, but always gives good effort on the field and I think is unquestionably better on tape (when his conditioning allows him to stay on the field).

Both are challenges for your coaches, just in different ways. Early in his career Soliai was a mix between the two (and not in a good way), but he seems to have sorted out both issues (or at least the coaches have figured out how to motivate him). If he shows he better awareness he's always had the ability to be elite. Rare, rare feet and quickness for a big, strong man. If he's finally figured out how good he can be -- look out, world.

I still think what we need most is a replacement for Tony McDaniel. Despite his motor and obvious physical gifts, he plays far too high and always seems more eager to peel off and make a tackle down the field than to penetrate and attack the quarterback. A guy like Geno Atkins is no one's idea of a nose tackle but he has rare quickness and penetration ability for a DT and might be available later on.

al711
03-10-2010, 12:40 AM
I got one for you, Dan Williams and the highly rated Eric Berry, gave up 285 yards rushing to 170 pound Dexter. Bama with T. Cody and the "overated" R. McClain gave up 15 yards rushing to McClusky. I wouldn't take Williams or Thomas over Cody,at some point you have to look at production and performance above physical build. All the guy(Cody) does is be a major part of dominating defenses,isn't that what we want?

newlownorder
03-10-2010, 12:43 AM
It goes Williams>Thomas>Cody but its very close all the way

Mr. Magoo
03-10-2010, 01:06 AM
I got one for you, Dan Williams and the highly rated Eric Berry, gave up 285 yards rushing to 170 pound Dexter. Bama with T. Cody and the "overated" R. McClain gave up 15 yards rushing to McClusky. I wouldn't take Williams or Thomas over Cody,at some point you have to look at production and performance above physical build. All the guy(Cody) does is be a major part of dominating defenses,isn't that what we want?

:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

XxfeensterxX
03-10-2010, 01:41 AM

Eric Berry is the safety dude,Tennesee doesn't have Mcclain playing for them, or anyone close to him.

ROADRUNNER
03-10-2010, 09:29 AM
Cody is a big fat f####r but i bet someone will draft him in round 1..............

j-off-her-doll
03-10-2010, 10:23 AM
Coin flip. Cody's the better talent but the bigger risk.

ckparrothead
03-10-2010, 11:30 AM
I just took a look at my board and yup, I have Cam Thomas above Mount Cody. In fact I have him two spots above Cody, as I also have Arthur Jones above the fat man.

foozool13
03-10-2010, 11:56 AM
Cody = fatter version of Solai...if that's possible

TedSlimmJr
03-10-2010, 12:12 PM
They're both a little overhyped and overrated....

BARF
03-10-2010, 01:01 PM
hey i will take cody if he is going to block some field goals

ZachThomas76
03-10-2010, 01:35 PM
I dont have a big board.

newlownorder
03-10-2010, 03:53 PM
I dont have a big board.

I think you can by them at staples.........or is it office depot? I can't remember.

PhinsTD
03-10-2010, 03:56 PM
I'm just not high on Cam Thomas. This stuff isn't science, and there are a lot of intrinsic factors with these guys that determine their careers, as we as injuries, so we'll see who turns out right.

Cam Thomas is a guy I'd take in the 4th, but not before.

al711
03-10-2010, 07:26 PM
We all have our own opinions and other than that guy that called himself "pro scout" we are all just fans expressing our opinions based on what we saw during games or on highlight reals. My opinion is get Cody...