PDA

View Full Version : Everson Griffen?

Phinatic8u
03-10-2010, 09:54 PM
Why hasn't anybody talked about him. He is a physical freak & IMO better than Brandon Graham. He's a freak on the feild. I'd say go get him..

TedSlimmJr
03-10-2010, 09:55 PM
Who?

Mr. Magoo
03-10-2010, 09:58 PM
Why hasn't anybody talked about him. He is a physical freak & IMO better than Brandon Graham. He's a freak on the feild. I'd say go get him..

:crazy:

:read:

Phinatic8u
03-10-2010, 10:04 PM
LOL. A DE for USC. 6-3 278 easily the size for a OLD
Here's a cbssports page about him
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1244469

newlownorder
03-10-2010, 10:04 PM
We have talked about him in detail already. Take a look.....

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/f75/everson-griffen-269941.html?highlight=Everson+Griffen

hooshoops
03-10-2010, 10:07 PM
so talented...such good feet...so hard to know if he'll buy in and put football first...

such a wildcard...

Phinatic8u
03-10-2010, 10:16 PM
We have talked about him in detail already. Take a look.....

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/f75/everson-griffen-269941.html?highlight=Everson+Griffen

Didn;t see it thank you bro.:up:

PALMA
03-11-2010, 04:52 AM
Worth the gamble at #12.

DefensiveEnd76
03-11-2010, 04:58 AM
Griffen measured 6'3 3/8" 273 pounds at the combine. He ran a 4.66 in the 40 and had 32 reps on the bench press. Maybe a strongside linebacker candidate?

justdev7
03-12-2010, 05:49 AM
Not better than Graham

jlfin
03-12-2010, 09:26 AM
Not better than Graham

Higher upside than Graham, though

Pinkboy
03-12-2010, 10:39 AM
Strengths:
Good size
Very quick first step
Nice speed
Tons of experience at rush backer
Comfortable in coverage
Fluid athlete
Great in pursuit
Rangy
Anticipates snap count very well
Plays with nice balance
Very good agility
Plays with great pad level
Very high upside
Can play 4-3 DE or 3-4 OLB
Hard hitter

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/03/37536-1.gif (http://a.tribalfusion.com/h.click/awmyQ82FqxoWZasXTyp3HYHQVZbZa5P3IpWEyTHZbd0UQa1U7e1TaqPbUZbTrJXVHY2nUFqRUjrXEJo5EUk2avRmqMFYF3fWWjSoArBmsjrpdbJ3a3j3taM5AJGmrUZbYV3S1snUXsbnpWbbkHtM5L/http://a.tribalfusion.com)
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif Weaknesses:
Highly inconsistent
Never really dominates
Lacks a pass rush repertoire
Lacks awareness - struggles to diagnose
Below-average instincts
Unimpressive motor
Underproductive
Very raw prospect
Poor hand use
Should be more powerful
Might lack some leadership
Doesn't play a high percentage of snaps

Summary: If the Raiders pass up on Griffen in the first round, then he could very well fall to the second round. I have watched a LOT of tape on Griffen and the tape just isn't there to justify a top-20 draft pick. He's a soft football player and I question his love of the game with his physical tools. Griffen seems like a boom-or-bust prospect at the next level, and I'm not leaning towards "boom."

Player Comparison: Robert Geathers. Griffen doesn't have his motor, but he's an average defensive end with good athleticism. I see a similar career for Griffen.

http://www.walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2010egriffen.php

hooshoops
03-12-2010, 12:04 PM
i couldn't disagree more with walterfootball...the tape says top 20 talent all the way

j-off-her-doll
03-12-2010, 12:07 PM
i couldn't disagree more with walterfootball...the tape says top 20 talent all the way

Highest rated recruit out of Arizona since T. Suggs.

hooshoops
03-12-2010, 12:11 PM
walterfootball says griffen lacks awareness and instincts...who is this clown???

ckparrothead
03-12-2010, 12:13 PM
so talented...such good feet...so hard to know if he'll buy in and put football first...

such a wildcard...

Wildcard is right. Too much of one to put him on my short list at #12. Problem is I can't sit in that interview room and I don't have the ability to interview all the people around him and find out what kind of person he is...so it's just difficult to judge.

But my instinct is to say if he does indeed have questionable attitude/work ethic, and he's basically a one-year wonder (or half-year wonder, really), and you're still going to go that route...you might as well really reach for the stars and take Jason Pierre-Paul. As much a freak as Everson Griffen is, JPP is even more. And he's a one-year wonder, with questionable attitude/work ethic.

hooshoops
03-12-2010, 12:16 PM
jpp did look pretty good in lb drills...griffen and jpp are both buyer beware imo...

we can't afford to miss with our top pick...just can't...

brandon graham is the safe pick that will be a productive pro...but might not be the best outside backer convert in this draft when it's all said and done imo...

ckparrothead
03-12-2010, 12:19 PM
I think the #12 pick will revolve around Dez Bryant and Earl Thomas, depending on what they do between now and the draft with the rest of free agency and with trades.

hooshoops
03-12-2010, 12:22 PM
i've actually brought earl thomas back into the discussion with pick #12...he carried that weight well and we GOT TO have a ballhawk at free safety...

of course it seems like we're intent on bringing in some vet with average coverage skills...why i have no idea...

can someone tell me why we haven't made a big play on atogwe??? what the heck...i don't get it sometimes...pay him more than we offered rolle and maybe the rams don't match

TXFinFan
03-12-2010, 12:23 PM
I think the #12 pick will revolve around Dez Bryant and Earl Thomas, depending on what they do between now and the draft with the rest of free agency and with trades.

Man, I hope you're right. If we walked away with either of them, I would be giddy. I would be geeked for Berry or Graham too.

ckparrothead
03-12-2010, 12:37 PM
It seems to me that the Dolphins are working on picking up a veteran LOLB candidate, and a veteran OL. They are interested in Travis LaBoy, I believe he would play LOLB but I suppose there's a chance they plug him at ROLB...which I feel would be a mistake but whatever. I feel like they're keeping a close eye on the Adalius Thomas situation in New England. He would IMO be an ideal two-down player at LOLB, and as long as Miami can bring valid pass rushers to the table in passing situations, you could get away with him.

They've also spoken with Chester Pitts and now Adam Terry. I think they'll continue looking for an OL along the lines of those guys.

hooshoops
03-12-2010, 12:46 PM
am i wrong or doesn't chester pitts stay hurt??? solid player when healthy...

what is it with us and these injury prone olinemen in free agency???

ckparrothead
03-12-2010, 12:51 PM
am i wrong or doesn't chester pitts stay hurt??? solid player when healthy...

what is it with us and these injury prone olinemen in free agency???

You might be confusing Pitts with Charles Spencer. I did the same at first. Spencer is the guy that's pretty much never been healthy.

But Pitts does indeed also have injury issues. He had to have microfracture surgery last year. That tends to be a big deal. No idea where he's at after that surgery.

hooshoops
03-12-2010, 12:52 PM
ahhh yes... charles spencer... good call

newlownorder
03-12-2010, 02:05 PM

Yep, I would agree with that. I think before it was probably more Dez and an OLB more than Thomas. However, unless we somehow magically address the FS position before the draft, I think it's whoever is there. If Dez is there take Dez, if not go Earl Thomas. There is something comforting in knowing that if we take Thomas we don't have to worry about the FS position for a long time. Plus, it makes us a monster in the secondary. Will Allen, Vontae Davis, Sean Smith, Bell and Earl Thomas. I wouldn't want to throw against us. I also hate when people take about Earl's size as being a problem, yet never mention that about Eric Berry. Earl is 3 lbs lighter and 1 inch shorter than Berry, give it a rest already people.