K.Dansby ILB
G.Ellis OLB

J.Ferguson NT
J.Taylor OLB
D.Bess WR
A.Fasano TE

Trades

2011 1st>B.Marshall WR
-with no real interest so far we step up and make a solid deal to Denver. B.Marshall changes the landscape in the AFC EAST in a hurry, now giving us the best WR and possibly the strongest offense in the division. B.Marshall will get a huge contract but he brings a special talent that will make everyone better around him. His willingness to run block also helps an already dominant run game and we all know how much this would help Henne's developement.

T.Ginn WR, J.Smiley OG & 4th>G.Olsen TE
-2 years left under his original deal, Olsen brings a down field threat at TE that Henne desperately needs. Linning up with Marshall and Brown in the backfield defenses will have nightmares trying to defend the run and big play pass game playaction will give us.
Chicago gets a sprinter for a WR which is very important in a M.Martz run offense which stretches the field on every play. Chicago needs major Oline help and J.Smiley solves one big hole for them. They also only have 5 draft picks starting in the 3rd so this deal gets them two starters and a draft pick for a player they don't need for a M.Martz's run offense.

T.Thigpen>Buf 4th
-C.Gailey makes his transition easier by acquiring a QB fimilliar with his offense.

Draft

1. E.Thomas FS
2. C.Thomas NT
3. J.Jerry OG
4. J.Worilds OLB
6. T.Gibson OLB
6. K.Kristick ILB
6. C.Marinelli OT
7. E.Sanders WR
7. A.Woods NT

The draft takes care of the biggest needs, FS, NT and OLB. E.Thomas is going to be special and linning up with Y.Bell gives us an incredible 1/2 punch in the secondary. C.Thomas comes in with no pressure to perform right away with Solai and Fergy still on the team. J.Jerry instantly replaces J.Smiley and upgrades the Oline for us. J.Worilds and T.Gidson give us to strong OLB's to develope behing our stop gap signing of G.Ellis. E.Sanders becomes our return man and could very well be a big sleeper in the draft.

Our offense becomes deadly when lining up Marshall, Hartline, Bess, Olsen and Brown in the backfield. Who do you stop, who do you double team, playaction, quick screens, bombs, run run run...the options are unlimited and Henne has everything to help him develope into a star.

Our defense under M.Nolan has a strong mix of vets and young potential stars for him to play with. E.Thomas FS is a play maker, strong in coverage and will help our young CB's to develope all the while Bell continues to make plays and lay the wood at SS. Wake and Taylor split reps at WOLB, Ellis and Worilds split reps at SOLB...this lets the young guys develope without creating holes in the defense. C.Thomas can rotate with Solai until Fergy returns and then we will have 3 solid NT's for the stretch run.

I doubt it happens but it could and I wish it would. We could be serious contenders for a very long time with so many young potential stars at the key positions on both sides of the ball.

#1dolphinsfan
03-11-2010, 07:25 PM
that would be pretty cool if that is the way our offseason went

skipp2myloo13
03-11-2010, 07:27 PM
no complaints-except i would hang onto next years 1.

3rdandinches
03-11-2010, 07:33 PM
no complaints-except i would hang onto next years 1.

Then what do you offer up for Marshall?

WelcomeBack
03-11-2010, 07:57 PM
I don't think Worilds and Thad Gibson drop that far.

outlawd2u
03-11-2010, 08:00 PM
I like everything except trading Thigpen to Buffalo for a 4th. I might be overvaluing Thigpen but I don't care, I think he can really be a good QB and you do NOT under any circumstances send a good QB to a divisional rival for a mid round pick.

Gordykr
03-11-2010, 08:30 PM
real nice plan m8 , there are little bits i could alter/disagree with but i wont , i'll give it a thumbs up !!!!!

ColonelJ
03-11-2010, 08:35 PM
Strong offseason. We get Marshall, Olsen and Emanuel Sanders, and two very good guards. On D, we get a starting FS, some veteran leadership, and some young stud front 7. Strong!

X-Pacolypse
03-11-2010, 08:48 PM
You mean this Greg Ellis?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kjgIav9CRc&feature=PlayList&p=26BDE7BCB8F7C77D&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=39

3rdandinches
03-11-2010, 09:08 PM
You mean this Greg Ellis?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kjgIav9CRc&feature=PlayList&p=26BDE7BCB8F7C77D&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=39

A.Smith is the best run blocking QB in the NFL, how can you try to rip on Ellis for that, lol!!!!

Blind hits are always brutal, I don`t think I`d change my mind because a QB took advantage of a solid opportunity to seek revenge on a player trying to kill him every play.