PDA

View Full Version : legarrette blount...

hooshoops
03-11-2010, 10:02 PM
no shows at his pro day...can you say undrafted???

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Blount-ditches-pro-day-workout.html

WelcomeBack
03-11-2010, 10:19 PM
I heard there were two Oregon pro days and he will be performing at the second one.

#1dolphinsfan
03-11-2010, 10:26 PM
He is expected to work out at the second pro day
link
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=5854

Dogbone34
03-11-2010, 10:31 PM
he could be allergic to money

Xeticus
03-12-2010, 02:31 AM
I would love for us to pick him up with a 3rd or 4th round pick. He was a beast at the senior bowl.

NRA
03-12-2010, 02:47 AM
that guy is going to be one hell of a tough rb.

if he doesnt go complete knuckle head, he is going to be
in more than a few pro bowls.

he is one of my late round hopefulls for the finz in this
draft.

justdev7
03-12-2010, 05:36 AM
I would love for us to pick him up with a 3rd or 4th round pick. He was a beast at the senior bowl.

I would not. What about his past leads you to believe that when he gets paid a bunch of money that he's going to straighten up? And he's slow as hell.

justdev7
03-12-2010, 05:38 AM
that guy is going to be one hell of a tough rb.

if he doesnt go complete knuckle head, he is going to be
in more than a few pro bowls.

I don't know that to say. I think he's got a better chance of making it as an MMA fighter than as a NFL RB.

ryanENGLISH0
03-12-2010, 07:09 AM
Just another thug trying to make the NFL. Generally, im real easy when it comes to looking past a players bad history, but this guy seems like a headache. I feel like i can say that the Miami Dolphins wont be drafting this guy.

Boomer
03-12-2010, 07:21 AM
I read last week that Blount had said he wasn't working out at the first pro day.

skipp2myloo13
03-12-2010, 07:52 AM
ignorant people are so quick to judge a man based on one incident. Blount made a mistake, but he isnt the devil incarnate and has showed more character coming back into the mix at Oregon than most college students show in their four years. He faced adversity, he is battle tested. His interviews at the combine went very well. He would be a physical asset to almost any team in the league, including ours.

hooshoops
03-12-2010, 12:07 PM
who you calling ignorant skip??? i just posted what i saw on the site...

anyways this is not a special talent regardless of the off field stuff..he's your run of the mill downhill runner...not sudden no burst

i can think of 10 other rbs in this draft at least i'd take over him...

ckparrothead
03-12-2010, 12:09 PM
who you calling ignorant skip??? i just posted what i saw on the site...

anyways this is not a special talent regardless of the off field stuff..he's your run of the mill downhill runner...not sudden no burst

i can think of 10 other rbs in this draft at least i'd take over him...

I have 8 other RBs in the draft I'd take over him.

hooshoops
03-12-2010, 12:13 PM
yeah he might be 9th or 10th on my rb list...but he's not someone i'd burn a 4th round pick on...nope

Chubby
03-12-2010, 12:14 PM
yeah he might be 9th or 10th on my rb list...but he's not someone i'd burn a 4th round pick on...nope
He might be intriguing for a 4th, I like a couple of other positions better with our 4th pick but this kid does have ability.
Chubbs

ckparrothead
03-12-2010, 12:16 PM

LOL, I have him in the 5th.

hooshoops
03-12-2010, 12:19 PM
He might be intriguing for a 4th, I like a couple of other positions better with our 4th pick but this kid does have ability.
Chubbs

i don't see the upside in blount that i would prefer in say another player with a 4th round grade that may be on the board...

of course whether or not someone would be on the board with more upside is speculation on my part...i think there will be

ckparrothead
03-12-2010, 12:21 PM
I have something ridiculous like only 10 RBs graded as draftable.

Pat-London
03-12-2010, 12:36 PM
CK.

Whats your evaluation on RB-Scott our of LSU?

Thanks.

ckparrothead
03-12-2010, 12:43 PM
CK.

Whats your evaluation on RB-Scott our of LSU?

Thanks.

I don't have a detailed evaluation of him yet. But I've watched him plenty and I just think of him as a big sucker that isn't particularly fast or explosive. I might like Keiland Williams more. But I don't really like either of them for the NFL.

hooshoops
03-12-2010, 12:44 PM
ha...another run of the mill downhill running back

ckparrothead
03-12-2010, 12:48 PM
The downhill guys I like are Anthony Dixon, Toby Gerhart, Monterrio Hardesty, Jonathan Dwyer and LeGarrette Blount. I also like C.J. Spiller, Ryan Matthews, Jahvid Best, Ben Tate and Joe McKnight.

After that when I'm looking at the RBs, I'm thinking...what's the point?

hooshoops
03-12-2010, 12:51 PM
The downhill guys I like are Anthony Dixon, Toby Gerhart, Monterrio Hardesty, Jonathan Dwyer and LeGarrette Blount. I also like C.J. Spiller, Ryan Matthews, Jahvid Best, Ben Tate and Joe McKnight.

After that when I'm looking at the RBs, I'm thinking...what's the point?

those are the same names that i have on my board...i'm somewhat intrigued by the rb out of buffalo i think it is...

ckparrothead
03-12-2010, 12:54 PM
Starks, yeah he is kind of intriguing me. Seems like Buffalo gets away with plug 'n play at that position though so that makes me a little wary.

The guy that Simon has struck up a little Twitter friendship with, Conte Cuttino, he's a physical specimen. I wouldn't mind drafting him. I have only 10 backs on my board but that's because I haven't been able to really dig for the super small timers that could be something much better, like Conte Cuttino.

Conte had one heck of a Pro Day. Extremely good.

ckparrothead
03-12-2010, 01:07 PM
Conte ran a 4.53, benched 17 reps, had a 4.21 shuttle, an amazing 6.50 cone drill, 10'7" broad jump, 40.5" vertical. He had a really good day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWI703kYIHQ

TedSlimmJr
03-12-2010, 01:13 PM
Bottom of the 4th/top of the 5th is exactly where I have Blount.....I actually have a dozen or so RB's ahead of him....

He's not a special talent by any means....and the incident where he was suspended for punching the Boise player isn't the only problems he's had......he's been a pain in Chip Kelly's *** pretty much the entire time...

WelcomeBack
03-12-2010, 01:34 PM
Conte ran a 4.53, benched 17 reps, had a 4.21 shuttle, an amazing 6.50 cone drill, 10'7" broad jump, 40.5" vertical. He had a really good day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWI703kYIHQ

Conte told me that Miami didn't have any scouts at his pro day. So, hopefully they still get a look at him.

NorFlaFin
03-12-2010, 01:57 PM
I'd like Blount in the 5th. He runs behind his blocks very well.

skipp2myloo13
03-12-2010, 04:37 PM
hoops that wasnt at you, more the guy who immediatly looks past him because of something they saw on BSPN.

NRA
03-12-2010, 06:40 PM
ignorant people are so quick to judge a man based on one incident. Blount made a mistake, but he isnt the devil incarnate and has showed more character coming back into the mix at Oregon than most college students show in their four years. He faced adversity, he is battle tested. His interviews at the combine went very well. He would be a physical asset to almost any team in the league, including ours.

SKIPP: thanx so much for saving me a bunch of typing AND shedding inteligent
light on this subject.

blount was WELL LIKED, and personable at the combine. he was also productive
all week and soaked up what the coaches were teaching.

1 kid mistake and he doesnt run a 4.0 flat and he is a gangsta thug who cant
play in the nfl that will ruin every team he is on.

some peoples kids..........

Xeticus
03-13-2010, 11:41 AM
Toby Gerhart looks interesting also. I hope we do draft a RB even in the later rounds because we're likely to lose Ricky and Ronnie next year.

2413fanphins
03-13-2010, 12:07 PM
but what are the odds of a late round draft pick becoming ronnies full time replacement. NOt goot IMO>

flynryan15
03-13-2010, 01:09 PM
SKIPP: thanx so much for saving me a bunch of typing AND shedding inteligent
light on this subject.

blount was WELL LIKED, and personable at the combine. he was also productive
all week and soaked up what the coaches were teaching.

1 kid mistake and he doesnt run a 4.0 flat and he is a gangsta thug who cant
play in the nfl that will ruin every team he is on.

some peoples kids..........

Ok here is the problem with the one mistake theory. When Blount sucker punched the other player a switch went off. It wasn't like he punched him and then stopped and said " crap what did I just do?' His behavior elevated, he pushed and swung on teamates, he went after fans, and even was pushing and resisting the police as they were trying to get him off the field. That is a behavior trait, that is a serious buyer beware! This kid had a few other issues that were overlooked before this eruption, but beyond that he should be doing everything to prove he is beyond that. If he didn't realize people would consider him a no show to proday#1 you think his agent would of and made sure he worked out at the first proday. Common sense and maturity avoid a lot of problems and speculation. He could end up being the next Brandon Jacobs or he could end up being Lawrence Philips.