PDA

View Full Version : Lots of info on Dan Williams

mandal24
03-11-2010, 10:33 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/archive/1125522?tag=pageRow;pageContainer

03/08/2010 - NG Ferguson suspended, Dan Williams for Fins? Ferguson has long been a Bill Parcells' favorite, playing for him with the New York Jets, Dallas Cowboys and Miami. The Dolphins plugged veterans Tony McDaniel and Paul Solai in at the nose guard position last year when Ferguson went down with a torn triceps, but it is thought that the team would like to upgrade - and that was with Ferguson being an option. With Ferguson not an option for at least half of the season, the club could look to trade for Shaun Rogers, who the Browns reportedly have placed on the market, or look to the draft. If they look to the draft, former Tennessee defensive tackle Dan Williams might be the perfect solution. Selecting a nose guard with the 12th overall pick might seem too rich, but considering how many clubs are switching to the 3-4 scheme and the number of nose guards this year who have been franchised, the position is clearly gaining in value. Williams, 6-2, 329 pounds, was the most dominant lineman in the SEC this past season, despite being miscast as a defensive tackle in the 4-3. He is precisely the type of squatty, powerful two-gap fire hydrant teams are looking for in a nose guard. Considering Miami's gaping hole at the position, Williams could be the perfect fit. - Rob Rang, The Sports Xchange, NFLDraftScout.com

02/12/2010 - PRO POTENTIAL: DT Dan Williams - At 6-foot-3 and 325 pounds, Williams could be a perfect nose tackle for a 3-4 team such as the San Diego Chargers, who pick 28th. Williams has also shown that he can make plays and rush the passer, so he can also succeed in a traditional 4-3.

01/27/2010 - Senior Bowl, Tuesday: Like John Jerry on the offensive line, two SEC defensive linemen are helping their stock tremendously this week. Though they play essentially the same position, the two players couldn't be any different in their body shape or style of play. Tennessee's Dan Williams has the wide, lower body that defensive line coaches are looking for in a potential nose tackle. His great strength and 6-2, 329-pound frame may not have earned the hype of Alabama's "Mount" Cody, but he's the more consistent player. Scouts would like to see more burst and better use of hands to slip blocks and pressure the passer, but Williams will make his money the same way Cody will: By eating up blockers and shutting down running lanes inside. - Rob Rang and Chad Reuter, The Sports Xchange, NFLDraftScout.com

01/27/2010 - Senior Bowl, Wednesday: Focusing on the line play Wednesday, it became very clear that NFL interior offensive linemen won't be looking forward to the arrival of massive SEC tackles Terrence Cody (Alabama) and Dan Williams (Tennessee). Williams' game is a bit different but still impressive. At 6-2, 329 with 33-inch arms, he has the low center of gravity and long arms to be a very effective nose tackle. Once again Byers came up short against Williams, as the former Volunteer threw him down like a rag doll during one-on-one drills. He isn't as dominant with brute strength as Cody, as Baylor center J.D. Walton and Alabama guard Mike Johnson stood their grounds much better against the stout defensive tackle. Still, his combination of power and hustle to the outside, which Mount Cody cannot duplicate over the course of a game, gives him a chance to be a mid first-round pick. - Chad Reuter, The Sports Xchange, NFLDraftScout.com

twohype
03-11-2010, 10:53 PM
Either Cam Thomas or Dan Williams at NT for the Phinz is fine with me, however I think Cam Thomas could become a King Kong type NT as he has crazy upper body power.

j-off-her-doll
03-11-2010, 11:33 PM
More important info on Dan Williams:

He isn't very good.

DKphin
03-11-2010, 11:39 PM

He isn't very good.
While I probably would not go that far, he never really stood out at UT. Just saying he never was John Henderson type coming out of college, someone you could watch and say that guy is going to be good in the NFL. Watching his post season in the all-star games the thing that I noticed was that he was getting pushed around in the 1st half. He did come out and play better in the 2nd half, but it was a concern. I would not mind taking him, but not in the 1st. JMHO.

WaxOn WaxOff
03-12-2010, 12:02 AM

He isn't very good.

Second most important info: We won't be drafting him.

justdev7
03-12-2010, 05:51 AM

He isn't very good.
a week ago I would have called you a fool. But after watching some more video of him, he's way to easy to move. I've posted a lot about how I wanted Dan Williams at pick#12 and it's going to take me awhile to remove my foot from my mouth.

Chubby
03-12-2010, 09:38 AM
a week ago I would have called you a fool. But after watching some more video of him, he's way to easy to move. I've posted a lot about how I wanted Dan Williams at pick#12 and it's going to take me awhile to remove my foot from my mouth.

he was basically non existent during the season, but then has a decent senior bowl and all of the sudden he is the second comming.
I pass, Cody with his weight issues is still a better prospect. Even though I do not see us able to pick Cody at all. Too early to take at 12 and rumors is Jets will select him with their 1st pick.
Chubbs