PDA

View Full Version : Mt. Cody looking better and better each day

justdev7
03-12-2010, 06:06 AM
I've been a big Dan Williams supporter and down on Terrance Cody for the last few months. The more I watch the more Dan Williams looks like he's not gonna cut it and the more Mt. Cody looks like a true NT.

The guy is incredibly strong and I beginning to think that the extra weight isn't really an issue. Am I losing it?

twohype
03-12-2010, 12:14 PM
I've been a big Dan Williams supporter and down on Terrance Cody for the last few months. The more I watch the more Dan Williams looks like he's not gonna cut it and the more Mt. Cody looks like a true NT.

The guy is incredibly strong and I beginning to think that the extra weight isn't really an issue. Am I losing it?

I think you are right about Cody, however I still like Cam Thomas in the 2nd round. Cam has tested out to have more upper body strenght than Cody and is a brick "Wall" against the run, however he has no pass rush moves at all......only the bull rush :ponder:

Yamilo
03-12-2010, 12:37 PM
Yeah, he's just getting in shape because he wants to get drafted/paid. What happens with his work ethic after he's already in?

Elliott 1
03-12-2010, 01:25 PM
I like Cody but I think 12 is too high and the Chargers will probably draft him with their 1st, and if they don't grab him,KC and Buffalo draft ahead of us in the 2nd.

Actually, I think Linval Joseph is going to be the best NT of this draft, but I think it will take him a few years.

I'd trade for Shaun Rogers and draft Linval Joseph with our third.

NY8123
03-12-2010, 01:35 PM
12th is way too high for Cody. He has the potential to fall out of the league if he doesn't work hard. It would be great if Miami could trade and get the extra pick and then draft Cody or another semi-risky pick.

Maybe I am dreaming though.

newlownorder
03-12-2010, 01:40 PM
Personally, I don't like Cody's work ethic, there is no way I want a guy who fluctuates in weight by so much. He's losing weight because he knows he'll make more money if he does. What happens when he doesn't have the motivation to lose it? Pass on Cody and Williams.

justdev7
03-12-2010, 01:43 PM
I think 12 is definitely too high but the impression i've been getting is that he's going in the 2nd round

TXFinFan
03-12-2010, 01:45 PM
I would be pretty upset if we took a NT in the 1st round. There is no Haloti Ngata this year. We have to go either S, WR, or OLB in the 1st.

JT-forpresident
03-12-2010, 02:53 PM
I agree with the OP ...

before the entire "draft season" , i wasn't too fond of cody but right now, i wouldn't mind the fins grabbing him in the 2nd round... i think he's solidified himself as a 2nd rounder, definitely (at least one team will love him enough to use their 2nd rounder on him)

why i like his selection even more is that he's showed he could do it all out there on the field. There's no denying his talent and potential in a 3-4 NFL defence, no, but the real question was his weight and the commitment he could put into losing some...

so far, he's answered that question tremendously, and while i still think playing more than 50% of snaps in a 16+ game season is not realistic for him, the fins don't actually need that much playing time out of him in year one...

They just re-signed ferguson... who will be back at week 9 ... so you can just play Cody for the first 8 games and if he runs out of gas and isn't effective anymore, you can make him play less, or put him on IR and put jason ferguson in.

Then, Cody has a full offseason of conditionning with the miami dolphins, and i bet your *** he'll be in the best shape of his life in 2011 if he's trully that committed... worst case scenario, he plays a lower ammount of snaps that you would like... is that really that much of a negative, to prevent the use of #43 on him ? i don't think so

I thought about this scenario last night and i like it, i like it a lot

52CANES
03-12-2010, 03:22 PM
I'm starting to think we wont draft one in the first 4 or 5 rounds so I hope Soliai has a breakout year.

Chubby
03-12-2010, 03:25 PM
Cody is going to end up the Jets 1st round Pick apparently.

Dolphins11
03-12-2010, 03:31 PM
26 tackles last year in college.... pathetic.

JT-forpresident
03-12-2010, 03:34 PM

he was taking on two and even three blockers... that whole defence was schemed as a funnel towards rolando mcClain...

the one thing those 26 tackles expose, is his inability to chase down the LOS and tackle in pursuit...

but that's no secret, when you get cody, you get a remedy to your two A-gaps immediately, if you get anything else it's just a bonus. If the patriots got that in round 1 with wilfork, or the ravens with ngata in round 1 (although ngata can do much more) , then why not use a 2nd rounder for that same purpose on cody ? especially since he's been answering a lot of question recently regarding weight and commitment issues, thus solidifying himself as a good nfl prospect ?

foozool13
03-12-2010, 03:40 PM
Rather have Jared Odrick in round 2

phintim
03-12-2010, 04:55 PM
Cody is going to end up the Jets 1st round Pick apparently.

Yea his coach needs a friend as big as he is!

Quadfather
03-12-2010, 04:56 PM
cody did 22 reps on the bench press. that shows hes lazy in the weight room, if we didnt know that already. hes fat and when it gets to be the fourth quarter hes going to be getting blown out by the nfl guards and centers. these arent the usual college centers and guards hes going up against. i wouldnt touch him until round 5, seriously. the guy has bust written all over him. id love to have dan williams at 12 though. hes the guy to run the nose for us for the next 10 years.

thejetssuck
03-12-2010, 05:22 PM
Rather have Jared Odrick in round 2

Yes, and I would also rather have Dez Bryant in rd 3 and And Eric Berry in rd 4 and just as a luxury pick, how bout we take a risk on Sam Bradford in the 5th?:crazy:

justdev7
03-12-2010, 06:18 PM

were his 3 blocked field goals pathetic?

Mr. Magoo
03-12-2010, 07:24 PM
Forget about Cody. And Dan Williams. And Cam Thomas. Not going to happen.

twohype
03-14-2010, 06:18 PM
Forget about Cody. And Dan Williams. And Cam Thomas. Not going to happen.

One of the three NTs you mentioned "WILL" be a Phin mark it down :)

retarmyfinfan
03-14-2010, 06:52 PM
Drafting Cody at 12 would be worse then drafting Allen at 16 was.

Dolphins11
03-14-2010, 10:12 PM
I don't see how he looks better and better every day. Are they playing games that don't know about?

Mr. Magoo
03-14-2010, 11:51 PM
One of the three NTs you mentioned "WILL" be a Phin mark it down :)

See: the sig.

DcRy82
03-15-2010, 12:58 AM
Drafting Cody at 12 would be worse then drafting Allen at 16 was.

That's false....

I'm not in favor even the least bit for Cody at #12.. But what you said is still false.