PDA

View Full Version : Say hello to our 2nd round pick

nolefin
03-12-2010, 12:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nDhGrYAx5g

i knew this guy was good from wathcing some games this year but this guy is a freaking beast! all i gotta say is just LOOK at 3:15 that is what we need, maybe this is what parcells and co. is thinking!

dont comment unless you watch 3:15 of this video

nolefin
03-12-2010, 12:14 PM
why would anyone want tate over this monster?

ckparrothead
03-12-2010, 12:17 PM
I don't think he'll be available at #43. I have him over Golden Tate.

Pat-London
03-12-2010, 12:19 PM
Considering his lack of experience in route running (wishbone offense will do that to you). Would you still take him considering that its a possibility he may not see the field much? He will also be played very differently from a defensive standpoint by CB's/S because again of the wishbone offense and its run first mentality.

Are we a good enough team to consider a part time player again in the 2nd round (Pat White last year)? I dont think so.

Absolutely love the physical presence this guy could bring, but right now, we need people who we can be confident can contribute right away. Disclaimer! - no pick is guaranteed.

Getting a Jason Worlids at 43 would bring more value to this organisation. In my opinion.

ckparrothead
03-12-2010, 12:24 PM
He would contribute right away. He's so physical that I would have no issues putting him on the field situationally. With his size, speed and physicality I can't imagine he wouldn't be an immediate special teams starter. His blocking is the best in the draft, and what that means is any time we screw around with a Ronnie Brown Wildcat or a Pat Package, the very first non-RB skill position player I put on that field would be Demaryius Thomas.

Chubby
03-12-2010, 12:25 PM
(-------- Total Man Crush I want him badly.
Chubbs

Chubby
03-12-2010, 12:27 PM
I think he has a nasty Stiff Arm and as far as I can remember almost every time the ball was thrown up for grabs he always finds away to come down with it. His timing of when he jumps is almost always spot on.
Chubbs

Oraclepz
03-12-2010, 12:30 PM
He would contribute right away. He's so physical that I would have no issues putting him on the field situationally. With his size, speed and physicality I can't imagine he wouldn't be an immediate special teams starter. His blocking is the best in the draft, and what that means is any time we screw around with a Ronnie Brown Wildcat or a Pat Package, the very first non-RB skill position player I put on that field would be Demaryius Thomas.

agree.. he is a really good blocker.. that is a great way to get in the starting line up in our team.

nolefin
03-12-2010, 12:30 PM
I don't think he'll be available at #43. I have him over Golden Tate.

im thinking the same thing i say this guy goes early 2nd maybe late late 1st but with the foot thing he mite slide

nolefin
03-12-2010, 12:32 PM
trade down and draft him!!!! i want him

Chubby
03-12-2010, 12:33 PM
im thinking the same thing i say this guy goes early 2nd maybe late late 1st but with the foot thing he mite slide
Ck has become a reputable source as of late, we should have him start a false rumor about Thomas.
Chubbs

Pat-London
03-12-2010, 12:34 PM

True, didnt consider the benefit of him in the Wildcat Package..

Situational play could work. You're doing a good job convincing me, however I just feel we need too much help on D.

IF.. he drops to 43 and Tate is gone and no one at good value at OLB then I would be hard pressed not to take him.

Love Tate though. Hope there is a run on OT's and he drops.

nolefin
03-12-2010, 12:36 PM

Situational play could work. You're doing a good job convincing me, however I just feel we need too much help on D.

IF.. he drops to 43 and Tate is gone and no one at good value at OLB then I would be hard pressed not to take him.

we dont need tate we have bess, tate is tiny slot wr and not what this team needs.

Chubby
The problem I also see is even after picking Boldin and resigning Mason Baltimore is working him out and showing alot of interest.

Who are the teams you guys think would select him before our 43rd pick?
Chubbs

Yamilo
That guys has big play written all over him. I saw him play on a couple of occasions, he's a beast. A lot of commentators hyped him this past year and deservedly so.

nolefin
03-12-2010, 12:37 PM

drafting tate over thomas is like drafting bess over brandon marshall

Danny
03-12-2010, 12:52 PM
well, he won't be there at 43 so if we want him we must take him at 12 unless we can move down a little for an extra pick and still take him.....I'd not mind that at all.

Ozzy rules!!

hooshoops
03-12-2010, 12:56 PM
i'm just not all that impressed with golden tate...or bebe for that matter...

not enough to use pick #43 on either of them...

i prefer benn

Elliott 1
03-12-2010, 01:20 PM
I'd rather draft Joe Webb with a 6th. Don't laugh until you check out what he did at his pro-day.

matt11390
03-12-2010, 01:21 PM
That clip at the 3:15 mark is incredible. I watched him a little while following the ACC and I never saw him run that fast. I hope we pick this guy. I would trade down from 12 if we can and pick up an extra 2nd. Draft Huges with my 1st and use both my twos to move up and get Thomas early in the second.

hooshoops
03-12-2010, 01:22 PM
joe webb looked like garbage during the senior bowl week...we gonna wait 3 years on him too???

nolefin
03-12-2010, 01:35 PM
That clip at the 3:15 mark is incredible. I watched him a little while following the ACC and I never saw him run that fast. I hope we pick this guy. I would trade down from 12 if we can and pick up an extra 2nd. Draft Huges with my 1st and use both my twos to move up and get Thomas early in the second.

and that was agianst georgia and he blew right by them, he reminds me of terrell owens without the bagage.

NY8123
03-12-2010, 01:39 PM
I was just thinking about this guy and if we could get him in the second what a steal it would be.

I remember swearing in the Miami game for someone to cover that SOB.

newlownorder
03-12-2010, 01:46 PM
I'm not sure what you call that half moon route he keeps running. He's physical, I don't see a ton of separation between him and the defender, but some of that has to do with the QB not throwing the ball far enough or well enough. I think he runs a high 4.4 if not 4.5 range. I don't think he could come in right away and make an impact, you would really have to work on his footwork and route running.

ckparrothead
03-12-2010, 01:58 PM
I believe at the Combine he would have run between a 4.50 and 4.54. I told people to key on Reshad Jones' 40 time, because they are speed equivalents when they both open up into top gear. I think Demaryius probably has a little better take-off than Reshad and so I see him bettering Reshad's 4.54 by between 0.01 and 0.04 seconds.

JCfinfan
03-12-2010, 02:33 PM
The dude is a stud. I heard a stat on the radio today that GT only completed 78 passes last year and Thomas causht 40 some.

He is being talked about as being better that Calvin Johnson.

He will be gone by the time we pick in the 2nd.

hooshoops
03-12-2010, 02:43 PM
better than calvin johnson is quite a leap imo...i honestly think that talk is nonsense...

JCfinfan
03-12-2010, 02:48 PM
better than calvin johnson is quite a leap imo...i honestly think that talk is nonsense...

I agree, just telling you what I have been hearing on Sirius. Pat Kirwin and Tim Ryan have said numerous times that the buzz with the NFL scouts is that comparison to Johnson.

52CANES
03-12-2010, 02:48 PM
He's one of those guys where you never know where he'll get drafted because a team at the bottom of the 1st or New England or someone can just grab him up as a luxury pick. Maybe the colts feel like its time to draft the next Reggie Wayne like they picked him up in 2001 at the end of the 1st.

3rdandinches
03-12-2010, 03:26 PM
It's too bad we don't get him because you know there's no way we take a WR with our 1st pick. I'd be shocked if we do especially if E.Thomas is sitting there and that hole in our secondary is still looming large.

He would be a dream pickup in the 2nd even if we had to trade up in the 2nd to nab him.

sinPHIN
03-12-2010, 03:58 PM
this is the one wr i want the most. i think we should trade down and make sure that we get this guy

skipp2myloo13
03-12-2010, 05:02 PM
Earl and Demaryous makes this draft successful real quick.

Clipse
03-12-2010, 05:08 PM
I'm with CK on this one. The more I think about it, the least I feel Thomas will even be there at #43. This guy is the most physical WR in the draft. He is an elite run blocker. He has great size and good speed, and will go get the ball. He's exactly what we need at WR, and his skillset just screams out "Parcells Player". I'd be ecstatic if we drafted him, and think he can contribute right away both as a WR, and on ST.

j-off-her-doll
03-12-2010, 05:40 PM
I'm with CK on this one. The more I think about it, the least I feel Thomas will even be there at #43. This guy is the most physical WR in the draft. He is an elite run blocker. He has great size and good speed, and will go get the ball. He's exactly what we need at WR, and his skillset just screams out "Parcells Player". I'd be ecstatic if we drafted him, and think he can contribute right away both as a WR, and on ST.

Think you were the first one - I saw - who mocked Thomas in the 2nd. Everyone else had him in the 3rd or 4th. Kudos on that. I still think his injury could (not will) knock him down to #43. If he falls and one of the top-6 OLB's fall (assuming we take E. Thomas), we'd have a difficult decision on our hands. Because I trust Nolan more than I do Henning, I've been pretty adamant about drafting for D, but I don't think there's a wrong choice - if we were lucky enough for that situation to present itself.

Roman529
03-12-2010, 06:00 PM
Sporting News Magazine has us taking DeMaryius Thomas with the 12th overall pick.......I would love this pick. Forget the 2nd round.

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-12-2010, 06:27 PM
He will be there in the two possible third just because he missed his combine and gonna miss pro day..

Clipse
03-12-2010, 07:06 PM
Think you were the first one - I saw - who mocked Thomas in the 2nd. Everyone else had him in the 3rd or 4th. Kudos on that. I still think his injury could (not will) knock him down to #43. If he falls and one of the top-6 OLB's fall (assuming we take E. Thomas), we'd have a difficult decision on our hands. Because I trust Nolan more than I do Henning, I've been pretty adamant about drafting for D, but I don't think there's a wrong choice - if we were lucky enough for that situation to present itself.
He very well could be had at #43. And I would love to have him. I've been all for drafting D myself, but I'm a huge fan of Bebe's skillset.

Digital
03-12-2010, 07:10 PM
He definitely is a big strong and physical receiver, and we tend to like those types, bu honestly, I'm not sold on the guy.

He is not a natural plucker. He catches with his hands outside his body, so he's been well coached, but he's just not great at it. In the NFL he will have balls knocked away by superioer DB's. He doesn't attack the ball, he waits for it. That's fine when you're sitting in a seam, but on a lot of his routes he needs to attack the ball and he doesn't. In the NFL that will lead to unneccessary interceptions as DB's jump his routes and he just stands there waiting for the ball to come to him.

He certainly has the size and physique, and I love his blocking and effort, but in terms of pure receiving skills I'd consider him somewhat developmental. Most receivers don't blossom until their 3rd year, but I can see him taking longer before he's polished enough to really shine. IMHO, a good prospect, but definitely not worthy of the #12 selection. It doesn't sound as though he'll be around much after that anyway, so I don't see him becomming a Dolphin. It's not popular, but that's what I think.

Clipse
03-12-2010, 07:15 PM
He definitely is a big strong and physical receiver, and we tend to like those types, bu honestly, I'm not sold on the guy.

He is not a natural plucker. He catches with his hands outside his body, so he's been well coached, but he's just not great at it. In the NFL he will have balls knocked away by superioer DB's. He doesn't attack the ball, he waits for it. That's fine when you're sitting in a seam, but on a lot of his routes he needs to attack the ball and he doesn't. In the NFL that will lead to unneccessary interceptions as DB's jump his routes and he just stands there waiting for the ball to come to him.

He certainly has the size and physique, and I love his blocking and effort, but in terms of pure receiving skills I'd consider him somewhat developmental. Most receivers don't blossom until their 3rd year, but I can see him taking longer before he's polished enough to really shine. IMHO, a good prospect, but definitely not worthy of the #12 selection. It doesn't sound as though he'll be around much after that anyway, so I don't see him becomming a Dolphin. It's not popular, but that's what I think.
We must be watching completetly different tape then because I see Thomas attack the ball plenty.

state06
03-12-2010, 07:24 PM
i've been high on this guy for a while now and see a big time playmaker in this guy. Huge WR who will make Henne very happy to say the least. i hope he is still there rd2. i still think many teams have Dez followed by Benn, with Tate, Thoma, and LaFell. Hopefully his stock doesn't rise too much from now until the Draft.

The Goat
03-12-2010, 10:02 PM
Good burst for a big guy.

skipp2myloo13
03-12-2010, 10:59 PM
Please dont let us draft LaFell. Please God!

Clipse
03-12-2010, 11:30 PM
Not a fan of LaFell at all either.

nolefin
03-12-2010, 11:40 PM

i think lafell will be a good player not as good as thomas though

richied06
03-13-2010, 12:17 AM
Not sure if anyone mentioned this, but in that video he does not have to beat the press once. He may be big and physical, but I need to see if he can beat the press of a Revis or a McKelvin. Every cornerback seems to play 8 yards off of him.

houtz
03-13-2010, 12:48 AM
I have a new man crush.

Eric-Gofins
03-13-2010, 12:52 AM
beast... would love the pick...

twohype
03-13-2010, 01:10 AM
That guys has big play written all over him. I saw him play on a couple of occasions, he's a beast. A lot of commentators hyped him this past year and deservedly so.

Yep :hi5: Thomas is a monster.......hopefully he's going to be a Phin :woot:

state06
03-13-2010, 01:26 AM
i love his attitude and hands. his hands are so big and strong and in that video makes two great catches against Clemson and georgia with people drapped on him. that stiff arm is also dangerous. alot of questions about his seperation but judging from thatvideo it looks like he had to slow up due to underthrown balls. and even if he does lack true seperation he has the ability to go up for it and the strength to take it away from corners. imagine sean smith trying to tackle this guy:ponder:

Clipse
03-13-2010, 03:13 AM
Not sure if anyone mentioned this, but in that video he does not have to beat the press once. He may be big and physical, but I need to see if he can beat the press of a Revis or a McKelvin. Every cornerback seems to play 8 yards off of him.
Well to be fair, There's not a lot of press coverage in college football not nearly as much as in the pros anyways, so most WR's don't see much press.

skipp2myloo13
03-13-2010, 10:54 AM
I think his speed was really prohibited by his lack of QB (Nessbit). It appears that he is always locked up with the defender, not because he cant get up field, but because he knows that he has to give his team a chance. He is always right with the defender and still was able to get to the ball. IDK it just appears that he can brake away from the coverage if he needed to, unfortunatly he never had the chance.

MiamiDolfan85
03-13-2010, 11:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nDhGrYAx5g

i knew this guy was good from wathcing some games this year but this guy is a freaking beast! all i gotta say is just LOOK at 3:15 that is what we need, maybe this is what parcells and co. is thinking!

dont comment unless you watch 3:15 of this video
excellent route at 5:37

MiamiDolfan85
03-13-2010, 11:23 AM
I think his speed was really prohibited by his lack of QB (Nessbit). It appears that he is always locked up with the defender, not because he cant get up field, but because he knows that he has to give his team a chance. He is always right with the defender and still was able to get to the ball. IDK it just appears that he can brake away from the coverage if he needed to, unfortunatly he never had the chance.
yea,it did look like he had to change gears to slow down for the ball on the Miami highlight....With Henne,he prolly would run to the 20 yard-line,and the ball would be there right on time...

Mcganiel
03-13-2010, 12:58 PM
He shoud be there for our second round pick. Anybody know how bad his foot injury is?

flynryan15
03-13-2010, 01:14 PM
A plus is coming out of that offense he is ask to get out and block a lot. Something he is very good at! I like the type of WR that is physical on every play COUGH COUGH not TO or Moss! My only worry is history shows WRs coming out of that type of offense in college take longer to develop then a guy from a pro style offense. Just a thought, unfortunately I see New England grabbing him just before us.

footsteps falco
03-13-2010, 01:15 PM
great video

flynryan15
03-13-2010, 01:28 PM
Ok I just finished the video and I am sold!!!!! Couple things I noticed; he high points the football and not just once here in there, but every play. His QB under threw him a lot and he would adjust and high point the ball, the weak arm of the QB cost this kid several homeruns! Next notice how he lowers his shoulder for the extra yard UMMMMMMM Ginn! Right at a 1:20 he takes on a defender for extra yards, where Ginn would have benn out of bounds. Finally he breaks the bobble screen.