PDA

View Full Version : DRAFT OLB not SAFETY!

BESS4LAST
03-12-2010, 05:46 PM
I want Miami Dolphins to be known for having a great pass rush defense not great coverage secondary...we all know it starts up front anyways so no argument there...even tho MIA was 3rd in sacks last year i still feel they were mediocre at best because there were alot of times where the opposing QB had alot of time to make the play.

DRAFT PASSRUSHER/OLB unless DEZ iz there.

Who's with me?

miami71
03-12-2010, 05:57 PM
If Berry or Thomas is there at 12. I would go safety! I just think they are overall better prospects and a better value at 12. If we trade down then I like OLB!

Pinkboy
03-12-2010, 06:00 PM
I want Miami Dolphins to be known for having a great pass rush defense not great coverage secondary.

The goal is to have both.

That's why they drafted 2 corners in the first 2 rounds last year.

j-off-her-doll
03-12-2010, 06:04 PM
I can't speak for anyone else, but I think a great ball hawk is as important to a M. Nolan D as a great pass rusher. Also, after E. Berry and E. Thomas, there's a huge drop off. One of the better OLB's could fall to #43. Even if no one from the top tier falls, the 2nd tier has some potential Pro Bowlers. Unless the FO is higher on N. Allen than I am, I don't really see a FS worth drafting before the 6th round - after Berry and Thomas. Not that I have especially low grades on the other S's - just that for what we need, I don't see anyone else coming in and starting from day 1.

BESS4LAST
03-12-2010, 06:05 PM
the idea of drafting a safety that high is cute and all but thats not goin to happen...i have a feeling they will go RFA for safety...drafting an OLB will be the smart way to go because a great pass rush can make a good safety look great.

justdev7
03-12-2010, 06:23 PM
If Berry or Thomas is there at 12. I would go safety! I just think they are overall better prospects and a better value at 12. If we trade down then I like OLB!

Thomas will be there at 12 but I don't think he or anyone else who will b there is worth the pick I think trading back is our best option.

state06
03-12-2010, 07:29 PM
I want Miami Dolphins to be known for having a great pass rush defense not great coverage secondary...we all know it starts up front anyways so no argument there...even tho MIA was 3rd in sacks last year i still feel they were mediocre at best because there were alot of times where the opposing QB had alot of time to make the play.

Who's with me?

If Nolan works his magic, we could have a great pass rush team while drafting Thomas. Either way we go it wouldnt hurt, as the secondary helps the front 7 get more pressure and the front 7 makes the secondaries jobs easier

#1dolphinsfan
03-12-2010, 07:36 PM
If Eric Berry, Earl Thomas, and Dez Bryant are off the board I would take a OLB

Dogbone34
03-12-2010, 09:13 PM
Right now I think Miami will go with Earl Thomas. Brandon Graham will be tempting but with Thomas, we could be getting best player and a need.

If Dez Bryant is there, I don't think Ireland will let him get away.

Joey23
03-12-2010, 10:24 PM
Right now I think Miami will go with Earl Thomas. Brandon Graham will be tempting but with Thomas, we could be getting best player and a need.

If Dez Bryant is there, I don't think Ireland will let him get away.

Actually if anyone where to let him get away in our situation that would be Ireland.

3rdandinches
03-12-2010, 10:31 PM

Who's with me?

A whole thread about OLB over safety, reasons why and tell us we all know it then you take a 180 and state unless Dez is there,lol.

Look if you get a great pass rush don't you want the secondary to make plays because of it? E.Thomas is better then any OLB available there and there will be better OLB's in the 2nd/3rd and 4th then any of the left over safeties.

No team gets a great pass rush every play so you better make sure the secondary can make plays without it. Remember great coverage down field gives the pass rush more time to hit the QB.

E.Thomas is the best pick for us even if Dez is there!

Joey23
03-12-2010, 10:53 PM
A whole thread about OLB over safety, reasons why and tell us we all know it then you take a 180 and state unless Dez is there,lol.

Look if you get a great pass rush don't you want the secondary to make plays because of it? E.Thomas is better then any OLB available there and there will be better OLB's in the 2nd/3rd and 4th then any of the left over safeties.

No team gets a great pass rush every play so you better make sure the secondary can make plays without it. Remember great coverage down field gives the pass rush more time to hit the QB.

E.Thomas is the best pick for us even if Dez is there!

Well said sir. You took the words off my keyboard.

skipp2myloo13
03-12-2010, 10:56 PM
Drafting for need would be dumb, thats why we should go best overall player which would be Dez, Berry or Thomas. They just happen to be at PON

Ruepert
03-12-2010, 11:15 PM
Right now I could see the Dolphins going Earl Thomas in round 1 and Ricky Sapp in round 2.

Elliott 1
03-12-2010, 11:15 PM
Earl Thomas will be BPA and a need selection. That is hard to beat. Besides, like the other post said, nobody knows where or who the best pass rushing OLB's are.

It could be Derrick Morgan in the top 10 or Daniel Te'o Nesheim in the 7th round,or Arthur Moats in the middle.

HybridPHIN 23
03-13-2010, 12:38 AM

Who's with me?

So what you mean is draft Dez Bryant... but if he's gone.... who's the OLB your taking ?
JPP, Kindle, Graham ??

BESS4LAST
03-13-2010, 02:43 AM
So what you mean is draft Dez Bryant... but if he's gone.... who's the OLB your taking ?
JPP, Kindle, Graham ??
I' d go with Morgan, Graham and then Kindle

greasyObnoxious
03-13-2010, 08:28 AM
i hope we don't draft OLB if a better safety prospect stares us in the face at #12.

skipp2myloo13
03-13-2010, 10:56 AM
i hope we don't draft OLB if a better safety prospect stares us in the face at #12.

Spot on. If Earl and Berry are gone, hell, go for the best possible pass rusher, especially because there are no good NT's or WR's at 12 (once Dez is gone).