PDA

View Full Version : Jason Pierre Paul = Vernon Gholston????

cobbs321
03-12-2010, 11:26 PM
i know JPP is a freak of nature athlete but if im right wasn't Gholston also?
JPP just seems like a bust to me

Aqua and Orange
03-12-2010, 11:43 PM

This is a good observation, and a great reason for the Dolphins to hone in on technique and smarts over physical things with their LB draft prospects like arm length, height and penis size.

Joking on that last statement, but it does get to me how skewed some of these player assessments get AFTER the season ends. Ideal athleticism isn't everything.

Elliott 1
03-12-2010, 11:47 PM
No kidding man. Drafting Pierre Paul with a 1st is crazy risky.

If they want to draft a couple freakish athletes they can draft Joe Webb and Jameson Konz in the 6th and 7th rounds.

Not only that, if they had Merling lose the thirty pounds of fat he is carrying around, his numbers would be just as good or better than Pierre Paul's and Derrick Morgans; with no risk.

#1dolphinsfan
03-13-2010, 12:13 AM
JPP has the abilty to be great he is very raw and he isnt going to have a great first year but in time he would be a stud if he works hard enough but i think taking him in the first is to risky

Clipse
03-13-2010, 03:26 AM
Biggest boom or bust player in the draft imo. A risky pick in the 1st. Could be a very good pro, could be a bust.

Mr. Magoo
03-13-2010, 03:36 AM
Frankly, this is an unfair comparison... to Vernon Gholston, who at least had two years of high production against NFL caliber talent in the Big 10.

More and more it seems Pierre-Paul's future success as an NFL player is being tied to his ability to do backflips. And hey, I like backflips. But if you try that against, say, Jake Long, well then be prepared for this to happen to you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1XxSBDemcs

JCfinfan
03-13-2010, 11:26 AM
I am totally against drafting JPP in the 1st. I think there is another difference nobody is talking about. I remember many stated Gholston doesnt bring it on every play and he had trouble maintaining his intensity.

I have heard JPP gives it 100% all the time. If true, that in itself is very important. Especially for workout warriors like these guys.

2413fanphins
03-13-2010, 12:18 PM
Our first round pick, and our second rounder for that matter should have significant contributions to the team in there first year.

flynryan15
03-13-2010, 12:46 PM
I live in Tampa and frankly don't understand the Kiper Jr. Mayock love affair with this kid! George Selvie generated a lot of double teams allowing this kid to run free. When I saw Mayock had him at the top of his board I almost fell out of my chair!

Oraclepz
03-15-2010, 03:23 PM

ok take it easy now.. Gholston is a Scrub. JPP has only been playing football for 4 years. The reason he is risky is because of experience. When he played he played great. He mostly relied on his athletic ability in college. Thats gonna have to change somewhat in the pros. There is not doubt he will be better than Gholston, but thats not saying much because the minute he gets a sack he would have topped Gholston lol